Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA F Vs LH Bis Vs VA UC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
pmlflyer, what are the routing options you're considering? Croatia to Mexico almost certainly means you'll be spending a significant amount of time on smaller jets unless you route through Frankfurt and either Houston or Los Angeles (depending on where you're going in Mexico).

Domestic F on United is better than intra-Europe LH C, but only because of the seat. The food is inconsistent - sometimes good, sometimes not so good. Domestic CO Business is roughly equivalent to UA, and some flights have seat-back AVOD.

If it were me, I'd try to get LH F from FRA to Mexico City, or MUC/FRA to Houston/Los Angeles with a UA/CO connection. If the Virgin connecting flights to London look good, that might be a nice option too.

I've left UA F out of the analysis, not because I don't like it (I like it very very much) but because your connections would be through Washington, San Francisco, or Chicago, all of which add at least 1-2 hours of time in the smaller F cabins.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2.3MM; AA ExecPlat 1.2MM
Originally Posted by sbm12
Switch to UA.

I wouldn't necessarily pay extra for it, but you've already paid for it. Get over the lounge bit; a couple hours in a lounge versus many more on the plane.
+1

Since you are going the long way, might as well be as comfortable as possible. And don't knock IFL until you've tried it; the Club House was not pleasant the last time I was in LHR-crowded with way too many kids for my taste. I concur that UA F food easily beats VS, and attentive beverage service has been lacking in my experience with VS. The FA/pax ratio is much better for UA F. But on the other hand, if you like changing into recycled jammies to sleep, VS wins by default.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Sounds like OP is flying solo, so,

Originally Posted by pmlflyer
enough to justify the extra miles??
Yes, F on a 767 is infinitely better than C on LH, especially if OP wants to sleep.

The 767 F cabin is the class cabin of the entire COUA fleet.

F on a 777 or 747; not so good. On the 747, F is acceptable if you get a window seat.

UA F lounges in IAD and ORD, are not very good. *A F lounge at LHR is very good and IME has fewer people in it that the IAD and ORD F lounges.

Originally Posted by Lori_Q

If it were me, I'd try to get LH F from FRA to Mexico City, or MUC/FRA to Houston/Los Angeles with a UA/CO connection.
+1

If F on LH is an option, then this is the best use of miles. The ground experience in FRA will be superior; the F lounge is mind blowing.

While odds are high OP will get the old LH F seat, it is lie flat, you get two seats now in the old F config (one for sitting, one for sleeping with real sheets -- I have 4 shots to upgrade to F next month and I am looking forward to that; indeed that's the only part of the trip I am looking forward to) the service is great. And the cabin is likely to fairly empty. LH F on a 747 is an even better experience because it is much harder for C and steerage pax to invade your space as is the case on UA F where C pax are constantly intruding.

Last edited by mre5765; Dec 22, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.