Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally - An Op Upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Yesterday, 2P colleague flying PDX-SFO-JFK. UDU cleared PDX-SFO and upon arrival at the gate in SFO he received a BP to C on P.S. due to an overbooked Y cabin. That makes his 3rd flight in a premium cabin ever (DEN-SFO, PDX-SFO, SFO-JFK - all three this year). After joining our department, he made elite for the first time this year as well. He is a blossoming aviation enthusiast and he was stoked.
I also got upgraded to C on the SFO-JFK p.s. flight last weekend. Going to the gate I was paged by the gate agent, but I was only moved a couple of rows forward to accommodate a party of two that wanted to sit together. A few minutes later I was boarding and the same gate agent came running over and she handed me yet another BP, this one in C. I was pretty happy to say the least!

The Y cabin seemed pretty full, and it didn't look like everyone on the waiting list was going to make it on that flight.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by clifford79
I also got upgraded to C on the SFO-JFK p.s. flight last weekend. Going to the gate I was paged by the gate agent, but I was only moved a couple of rows forward to accommodate a party of two that wanted to sit together. A few minutes later I was boarding and the same gate agent came running over and she handed me yet another BP, this one in C. I was pretty happy to say the least!

The Y cabin seemed pretty full, and it didn't look like everyone on the waiting list was going to make it on that flight.
I think two didn't clear the waitlist. The agent told my colleague not to get used to it and sent him on his way. Made for one happy camper.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Shouldn't have even been on the flight

I got my first and only Y->C op-up 2.5 years ago coming home on a UA 777 AMS-ORD. I was originally booked on AMS-IAD-ORD flight but I asked the TA nicely if I could be switched.

I was put on standby, only to arrive at a gate in full op-up mode because the flight was obviously going to be very full. I asked the GA about my odds of getting on when she said "wait a minute" then handed me the last C BP.

I assume it was because of my last-minute B fare and not my 2P status.

Last edited by megalab; Jun 30, 2012 at 9:51 am
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:55 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver
I got one about a year ago on Dec28 on FRA-ORD. Already got it during online check-in (is this common?), as out of nowhere my seat had changed to one in C. I was on a rather discounted Y-fare and only a *Silver at the time, but of course much appreciated this .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.