Search

lax and sfo 1k check in?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k
lax and sfo 1k check in?

so was at lax and i'm confused. on the premiere side it seems all premiere, 1k, premexec go into 1 line now? it was so long! i needed to buy a ticket but ended up just going straight to security and buying the ticket later. so is there no longer a separate 1k line?

sfo: walked past normal security to go to the premiere line. it looked about the same length when i got there. bummed but oh well, i was already there and it looked the same so that's life. but the line didn't move at all. it was so slow. i think only 1 or 2 lanes was open. so ended up being way longer than normal security. people were commenting on how it was a scam. what's the deal?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
the sfo premier line includes everyone now except Paid F international and GS.
It sometimes looks like a long line but actually it moves rather quickly.
We sometimes just walk over to the international terminal if early enough as lines there non existent
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boycruz
the sfo premier line includes everyone now except Paid F international and GS.
Intl F & GS line: That's was missing at LAX, where all is mixed together now.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: United 1K MM; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by Brasila
Your experience was correct. These are the some of the many new changes that you know who says "we are going to like!"
And it doesn't matter if we don't like them. Ugh. I feel like 1K is losing its luster.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by texasex95
And it doesn't matter if we don't like them. Ugh. I feel like 1K is losing its luster.
It is unfortunately. However, I was at LAX last week - there was an Airserv type clearly directing 1Ks/GS/F to the right side (where the TSA line was shorter) and low/mid tiers to the left. So better than the current SFO setup (and IAD, and ORD, and every CO hub) in that sense.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Don't understand why United would do this. Separate lines that at least appear to move faster would seem to be a cost-free way to enhance loyalty and engender upper-tier good will. What am I missing?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kcblakely
Don't understand why United would do this. Separate lines that at least appear to move faster would seem to be a cost-free way to enhance loyalty and engender upper-tier good will. What am I missing?
You'd think so - but remember that PMCO has never truly recognized nor catered to upper tiers, rather just to "elites"
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: UAL 1k, MM flyer, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
SFO - Getting through Security

You're right, the Premier lines at T3 are horrible.

In the mornings when the security lines are the longest, I usually walk over to the old American Airlines security lines in T3 (far right side of T3 as you face the terminal). The lines do move slower there, as you have your in-frequent travelers in the mix, but since there are fewer people in line, you can get through relatively quickly.

As others have mentioned, you can also go through the International Terminal and use the connecting walkway behind security back to T3 (although the other day, I did this as I was coming off BART, and they did not let anyone use the "priority" lane, because they said the regular lines weren't very long)
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
1K check-in/boarding was one of the main reasons I wanted to switch FFP completely from AC to UA next year... not looking so good anymore.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA1K
i typically always go to the international terminal for security at SFO...the domestic security lines can get pretty long.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by haddon90
i typically always go to the international terminal for security at SFO...the domestic security lines can get pretty long.
Strange, whenever I'm there it usually seems the international checkpoint is a zoo while the domestic one is bearable.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
We avoid the international insecurity line at SFO like the plague.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had mixed luck with the international lines. Even if the line is shorter, it's usually a longer wait because it is generally filled with people who suddenly feel the urge to try to refinance their homes with the TSA.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP-HH Dia-MR Titanium /LT-Plat
Originally Posted by Santander
1K check-in/boarding was one of the main reasons I wanted to switch FFP completely from AC to UA next year... not looking so good anymore.
LAX is always bad Mon - Sat from 6:00AM-10:30 AM..VERY VERY bad. but in defense of LAX so is DEN, ORD and IAH..Its really no different than any other hub. If you can schedule it for after 11:00 there is almost no line (less than 10 minutes to TSA check point in my recent experience)I was there last Thursday and Friday and the signage has improved from the past few months. The 1K can use the GS /1K and P.S. line and they have it marked as such...
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
+1 - I went through LAX on p.s. in F and there were three lines to the checkpoint: 1) GS + Intl F (p.s.), 2) all other elites, 3) remainder.

1K check-in is part of the overall merging of all elites. When MP kicks in for 2012, 1K UDU will come after Y/B paid by any elite. A 1K in anything below Y/B/M will stand precious little chance of a domestic UG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.