Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

1Ks can now bring up to 8 pax to E+ from different PNRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1Ks can now bring up to 8 pax to E+ from different PNRs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Talking of incrementals, and being a 2+ so not winging about my benefits, but sucks that as a 1p you cant have your family in E+.. We are a family of three (Me, Tropical Storm and Little Tornado)... but until I am Platinum (not gunna happen, but with a push (listening UA? ie willing to spend MORE!) I may make 1P... But at 1P I can only drag my wife and not my child into E+... Bring on a family clause I say... (ok, within reason!)
Old Oct 22, 2011, 9:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mre5765
Wow, major downgrade of a GS benefit. Mods need to retitle this thread.
Doubt it is a change in actual policy, the multi-pnr GS benefit was never detailed on the website.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I just traveled a couple of weeks ago. SDC to an earlier flight to fly with a friend, and had the agent bring my friend up (on a different PNR) to sit with me in E+, and it was no problem.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I just traveled a couple of weeks ago. SDC to an earlier flight to fly with a friend, and had the agent bring my friend up (on a different PNR) to sit with me in E+, and it was no problem.
A single person on a different PNR for all elites has been standard policy for years.
The topic here is more than a single person.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
This is now 100% confirmed! I just called in to do some split PNR work to apply CR-1s to some members of my family while taking advantage(or a chance?) with my UDU+1 for part of it, and as soon as I mentioned the "rumor" to the agent, she confirmed it and said it's a very recent change(I am betting on October 1st).

So, 1Ks can now bring up to 8 additional people from same or different PNRs to E+ as long as they are all traveling together on the same flight.

^^^^^

Mods - I think this should be moved to the Consolidated Forum as this change is going to affect the combined UACO airline and Mileage Plus members in the new 2012 program as well.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:57 pm

I am flying next month and bought my ticket two months ago. A couple of weeks ago, a collegue, with no stautus, purchased the same itinerary. I called the 1K desk to ask for him to be seated in E+ and the agent did it.

Yesterday another collegue decided to join us, so he also bought the same itinerary. He also has no status and when I called the 1K line today to move him into E+, again the agent said "sure, no problem".

Don't know if it is a new perk because I have done this a couple of times last year, with no problems?

Could be my 2.5 million miles 1K status?
Old Oct 23, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MMF Hilton Gold, Hyatt platinum
I think the +8 on different PNR may be too much. But I still remember 5 months ago fly with my wife (both 1K) and her sister (on a NY ticket). Both my request for sister-in-law to get a E+ seat was deny by 1K desk and GA. The reason is we already get confirmed upgrade to C so she can't get E+ seat for free unless we want to pay for it. That's really suck. Not sure they change this rule or not anyway got request E+ first before we request upgrade so this time is OK.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
One interesting tidbit I've noticed is that people on other PNRs I've moved into E+ have caused the seat map to change to no longer show E+ shading for their seats. Now that I'm attuned to this feature, I see it sometimes on seat maps for other flights. Not sure, though, if it is caused by other kinds of seating changes as well or if it's dependent upon the particular procedure the agent uses to open up E+ seats.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by guavaking
I think the +8 on different PNR may be too much. But I still remember 5 months ago fly with my wife (both 1K) and her sister (on a NY ticket). Both my request for sister-in-law to get a E+ seat was deny by 1K desk and GA. The reason is we already get confirmed upgrade to C so she can't get E+ seat for free unless we want to pay for it. That's really suck. Not sure they change this rule or not anyway got request E+ first before we request upgrade so this time is OK.
the rule has been that you need to be in economy to guest others in E+.

Originally Posted by joel67
One interesting tidbit I've noticed is that people on other PNRs I've moved into E+ have caused the seat map to change to no longer show E+ shading for their seats. Now that I'm attuned to this feature, I see it sometimes on seat maps for other flights. Not sure, though, if it is caused by other kinds of seating changes as well or if it's dependent upon the particular procedure the agent uses to open up E+ seats.
seen this also and others have reported the "shading issue" --- interesting correlation if true.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by joel67
That's very generous of you, giving away something that costs you nothing. However, as someone who flies a lot more than the silvers and has seen the value of my status eroded in many ways, I'd like to be able to enjoy one of the remaining perqs and actually find good seats for my entire family when we travel together. Similarly I don't appreciate paying for United Club membership and finding the clubs more crowded because do-gooders on this forum like to guest-in total strangers.
So I'm a silver that is having my benefit taken away...

Also, this new benefit really leaves a distaste in my mouth that United feels that the up to 8 guests of 1Ks are more important than a silver having a seat for themselves more than 24 hours ahead of time.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 23, 2011 at 8:19 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott Plat Premier
1. I'll state that I think 2P should still have E+ like in current UA MP plan.

2. My personal belief is 8 pax in E+ with a 1K is overly generous. Having been stuck in E- on a full TPAC as a 1K while a non-status pax got bumped up without paying while with another 1K is not good for business IMO.

3. A better plan would be limit the number of pax to 3 or 4 rather than 8.

I have no problem with allowing a spouse and child or two but 8 is too many IMO for freebie. I've seen many people have large entourage so not as rare as one would think either....
Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:47 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
Personally I can't imagine being on a flight with eight other people in my party. It's a benefit I'll probably never use.

At the risk of making things too complicated, I'd appreciate them allowing me to take one or two people from different PNRs into E+. Eight is a bit ridiculous, but I can see being on a flight with a few friends and wanting to sit with them.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Well, I would've not been so excited if United figured out a way to use multiple e-certs on the same PNR - but I have loathed for years that United would give me/my family e-certs but I had to trade in the ability to use E+ for all of us when redeeming them. They either had to make this change they made or fix the booking issue to make me happy.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I wonder how long it will be before a "black market" for E+ access crops up.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
I guess I'll try my luck again tomorrow to see if I can bring 2 up to E+ with me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.