Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uncooperative Pax meets a Billy Stick

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, *G, Global Entry
Originally Posted by cblaisd
My sense is in the end, you just don't care for any authority.
^^^^^
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
I don't think we should jump to conclusions here. There are two sides to every story and none of us were on the plane. Frankly the OP is a new poster. How do we know OP's account is accurate. Remember, cops can and do lie. If there hadn't been video, I'm sure Rodney King would have been "resisting arrest" just like this poor guy in the galley who gotten beaten so badly that he's in a gurney.

Originally Posted by pinniped
This one was.
You are assuming facts not in evidence. So far we have one unsworn allegation. If I were a juror, I would vote to acquit.

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I would tend to agree too.

ANYTHING having to do with airport security is front page/lead news item now. If something even close to what was described actually happened, the media would have a field day with it.
There is something called the blue wall of silence -- cops lie to protect their own. I'll bet the truth is that a passenger was viciously beaten for no reason by the cops after being called by an authoritarian FA who was out of control. The flight was delayed; the cops then got a friend to post their account on FT to try to start covering their tracks. That's why you haven't heard about it.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 10, 2011 at 3:59 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by gawhite411
I don't think we should jump to conclusions here. There are two sides to every story and none of us were on the plane. Frankly the OP is a new poster. How do we know OP's account is accurate. ... just like this poor guy in the galley who gotten beaten so badly that he's in a gurney.
how do we know "this poor guy" got "beaten so badly that he's in a gurney"... after all, we only have one side from a "new poster".

There is something called the blue wall of silence -- cops lie to protect their own. I'll bet the truth is that a passenger was viciously beaten for no reason by the cops after being called by an authoritarian FA who was out of control. The flight was delayed; the cops then got a friend to post their account on FT to try to start covering their tracks. That's why you haven't heard about it.
You might want to finish reading the thread before posting.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:52 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
....the cops then got a friend to post their account on FT to try to start covering their tracks. ....
-- they happen to have a friend who has been a FT member for >2 years??
Who is assuming facts not in evidence?

..... That's why you haven't heard about it.
you might want to read the at least 2 Denver media links other have provided

Can we drop bash the OP activities?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 10, 2011 at 2:58 pm Reason: self merge
Old Apr 10, 2011, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
BTW - OP might only have 5 posts, but has been registered on FT since 2009. We have a # of FTers who read threads but don't necessarily post a lot.

Cheers.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Is Tray Table allowed for laptop use? I think airlines saw that seat back pouches come apart when big laptops are showed in-so the new policies. When they notice Tray Table hinges breaking, they are going to ban keeping laptops, books, or (even your head) on them.
As such, I am curious why they haven't altogether removed the Tray Table from short haul carriers when no food is served. A small cup holder?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by mre5765
The FA is at fault for starting a fight over a rule that does not exist. She was on a power trip. As for justification for assault, I've produced the legal precedents
I'm weirded out by the idea that somehow it's "making up rules" to ask for Cell Phones to be off before they close the door. The FAA rule is that once the door is closed, no phones are to be operational. And the airline can be fined if there are.

Make note of that, liability for the airline starts when the doors close. They don't close the doors, *then* ask you to turn off your phone. They *must* ask you to turn off your phones before they close the doors, so that once they close the door they are not in violation.

They won't close the door if there's a passenger refusing to turn off their phone, or not accepting exit row instructions, or leaving some hand luggage dangerously half-stowed, or any of the other things they need to check for when they walk up and down the aircraft. And part of the reason is they may well need to offload a passenger who's causing a problem, something they reserve the right to do in the contract of carriage.

This reminds me of a flight a couple nights ago. I'm sitting in first class reading email on my phone. The tray table is out because of the preflight drinks. An FA announces that phones need to be powered off which I proceed to do. While I am doing that another FA rips me one for having my tray table out. Note that there was no announcement to stow tray tables.
It's in the safety information that every seat has a copy of. The one you were told to read in the announcement. And if you haven't been given the standard tray-tables up announcement on flights before, then you're not a frequent flyer.

Moreover it was first class; she should have stowed it herself if she thought it was critical. Meanwhile I am making sure my phone is powered off ... Not because I care about her stupid rule but because I don't want the battery drained while in flight.

People who make minimum wage shouldn't have that kind of authority and people responsible for safety ought to have a triple digit IQ.
The FA is not your mom. The FA is there to look after the safety and comfort of all the passengers, not tend to the demanding needs of a jerk. Next time, put up your own tray table, turn off your phone on the announcement not when they're walking the aisles. If you're that disorganised that you can't cope with these kind of things, perhaps you should hire a personal assistant, and pay for their seat.

Now I gather most people on this thread think I should be removed for pointing out these facts and observations to the FA.
On behalf of other plane passengers, I'd like to invite you to take the train.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:28 pm

This is what happens when a passenger on a power trip collides with an FA who is also on a power trip. There can only be one winner... and it won't be a Mexican standoff.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
This is what happens when a passenger on a power trip collides with an FA who is also on a power trip.
And exactly how do you conclude that the FA was on a power trip?
It never ceases to amaze me that there are so many apologists supporting idiots like the thug passenger.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by mre5765
People who make minimum wage shouldn't have that kind of authority...
What a wonderfully classist comment to make. Charming.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
What a wonderfully classist comment to make. Charming.
Agreed. Perhaps the worst of the many rediculous things in this thread. Not a high mark for FT.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by cblaisd
My sense is in the end, you just don't care for any authority.
Yes, what's it to you?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:56 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

We're taking a time-out.

But don't hold your breath.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.