Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Upsell Offers For Bus./First Seating (At Purchase, OLCI, or Gate) 2011 Edition.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Upsell Offers For Bus./First Seating (At Purchase, OLCI, or Gate) 2011 Edition.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG
Does anyone know if the Y to F paid upgrades are still alive, in which one would buy a Y ticket, use miles + copay and waitlist in to C....and if theres NF space avaiable, it would occaisonally offer a buy up to F?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Peetyrd
Does anyone know if the Y to F paid upgrades are still alive, in which one would buy a Y ticket, use miles + copay and waitlist in to C....and if theres NF space avaiable, it would occaisonally offer a buy up to F?
Last time I saw this was in May on one of my flights. Haven't seen it since.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Online after check in - $856 SFO to FRA, Y to C. Not taken.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Last time I saw this was in May on one of my flights. Haven't seen it since.
it doesn't appear to have happened lately. I theoretically should have been prompted for a Y to F upgrade as my SWU was waitlisted and it was XC0,NC0 but NF1, XF1.

I think it was changing with which factor had to be available NF or XF for this to prompt you for Y to F. Certainly you needed NC0 but which NF or XF needed to exist to prompt for the Y to F upgrade I don't think was consistent. You obviously needed one or the other and in my three cases it was NF1, XF0 twice and then NF2, XF1 once. thus I would have surmised it was NF that was needed. However it hasn't happened per this thread in a while.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: United: 1P, Delta: Silver
XF0 NF1 - No offer

Originally Posted by schley
it doesn't appear to have happened lately. I theoretically should have been prompted for a Y to F upgrade as my SWU was waitlisted and it was XC0,NC0 but NF1, XF1.

I think it was changing with which factor had to be available NF or XF for this to prompt you for Y to F. Certainly you needed NC0 but which NF or XF needed to exist to prompt for the Y to F upgrade I don't think was consistent. You obviously needed one or the other and in my three cases it was NF1, XF0 twice and then NF2, XF1 once. thus I would have surmised it was NF that was needed. However it hasn't happened per this thread in a while.
My itin had XF0 and NF1, with NC0 and XC0. Waitlist for C, and did not get an offer. What is interesting is that my domestic UDU clear after I waitlist (my flight is still more than a month away).

From my data point and the above, looks like you need XF1 avaliable.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:00 am

Programs: ex-elite, now just pay C/J myself to avoid the hassle of keeping status.
Got offer XC -> XF on 747 SFO-ICN for $999. What do you guys think? Shall I take it?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AZ Exec, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I got offered Y to C on NRT-LAX last week for 62600 JPY (~US$825). I reluctantly took it.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by undersky
Got offer XC -> XF on 747 SFO-ICN for $999. What do you guys think? Shall I take it?
I wouldn't. There isn't $1000 worth of difference for me on a "relatively" short TPac between new C and new F.
YMMV.

Dave

Originally Posted by schley

I theoretically should have been prompted for a Y to F upgrade as my SWU was waitlisted and it was XC0,NC0 but NF1, XF1.I think it was changing with which factor had to be available NF or XF for this to prompt you for Y to F. Certainly you needed NC0 but which NF or XF needed to exist to prompt for the Y to F upgrade I don't think was consistent. You obviously needed one or the other and in my three cases it was NF1, XF0 twice and then NF2, XF1 once. thus I would have surmised it was NF that was needed. However it hasn't happened per this thread in a while.
Originally Posted by Junkiam

From my data point and the above, looks like you need XF1 avaliable
IME, you are BOTH overthinking IM's decisions to offer these buyups.

Dave

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 27, 2011 at 8:43 am Reason: merge
Old Oct 27, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
New bird, no. Old 777 config, yes. Also factor in if you'll benefit from the SFO IFC or not...
Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:19 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bseller
I wouldn't. There isn't $1000 worth of difference for me on a "relatively" short TPac between new C and new F.
YMMV.

Dave
Kickin' in the front seat; sittin' in the back seat. Gotta make my mind up--which seat can I take??
Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by ainternational
New bird, no. Old 777 config, yes. Also factor in if you'll benefit from the SFO IFC or not...
Fair point!! I was (incorrectly, I'm sure) assuming it was a 744. EEK!!

Dave
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
180/person for upgrade bwi-den.....yup bye bye UDUs at this rate
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
180/person for upgrade bwi-den.....yup bye bye UDUs at this rate
Hey DFW-PHX on AA is $80. That's only $10 more than what two "stickers" would cost at the airport.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
I was offered upgrade my award ticket from NRT-ICN (one way) to business class for 150/250/299. The price changes every few days and it was fun to
see this changes.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Peetyrd
Think they are dead. Haven't seen them since May or so. Too bad. Good deal for UA and for me. I spent about $10k on the Y to F upgrades. Now i'm usually in C on an SWU (no revenue to UA) and they have non-revs sitting in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.