FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1069868-chase-milage-plus-visa-50-000-miles-sign-up-promotion.html)

stockmanjr Apr 8, 2010 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 13734510)
Ok I had resisted getting a new CC, but 50K of miles, is really hard to resist. I applied was approved, what is nice, you get the 50K of miles with a balance transfer. So I wont have to purchase anything. Nice offer...

What's the min spend or transfer for this offer?
Cheers
Howie

chuckd Apr 8, 2010 12:44 pm

After 2 different csrs assured me that my super-old platinum card would not prevent me from getting the bonus I applied (of course I don't trust csrs but it's worth a shot and I can take the hit at this point). Oddly, no instant approval; Chase has always been good for at least an instant $20k in the past. Wonder if the BA card had anything to do with it.

Edit: It took 5 1/2 years but this is post 2k. Seems like a long time.

unavaca Apr 8, 2010 1:03 pm

Got the BA card in January and applied for this promo. No instant approval for me.

Circuits Apr 8, 2010 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by stockmanjr (Post 13734661)
Cheers
Howie

Originally I saw $250, but the T&C emailed to me after my approval just says "first purchase". And you can't cancel the card for at least 6 months, or they can withdraw the miles.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1 You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account. These miles do not count toward elite status. If your account is not open for at least six months, United and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your Mileage Plus Program account.

2 You will earn 2 miles for each $1 of eligible net purchases made directly from United and 1 mile for each $1 of all other net purchases. Double miles for United purchases only apply to purchases made directly from United (including but not limited to www.united.com, United Reservations, or United City Ticket Offices). United flights purchased through a travel agent or travel website do not apply, unless otherwise specified. There is no maximum number of miles that you can accumulate in the program. You do not earn miles on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations for details.

abcx Apr 8, 2010 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by unavaca (Post 13734801)
Got the BA card in January and applied for this promo. No instant approval for me.

Got my BA card in Dec. No instant approval for me either but my Dad who doesn't even live in the US anymore (but still has a SS) got one. Go figure. I'm pretty sure I have better credit than he does and I also have the BA card with Chase - well, maybe that's wahy...

PWMFlyer19 Apr 8, 2010 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by stockmanjr (Post 13734661)
Cheers
Howie

$250.

axpmaluga Apr 8, 2010 1:38 pm

this is annoying to me since i just opened a mileage plus visa acct 6 weeks ago with 30k miles and $130 annual fee

mrredskin Apr 8, 2010 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by PWMFlyer19 (Post 13735000)
$250.

i was just told NONE by the CSR

abcx Apr 8, 2010 1:51 pm

I was told first time use by the CSR. YMMV.

Sunny_Island Apr 8, 2010 2:04 pm

I was also told after first purchase with the new card.

airshadow Apr 8, 2010 2:26 pm

I was approved for the BA card in mid-January and just applied. I did not get instant approval; so I guess I'll have to wait. I called the 800 number a few minutes ago and got the "we received your application on April 8 ... 2 weeks" recording, which is actually the same message I kept getting before being approved for the BA card. So maybe that's encouraging. I'll post results as they happen...

josephstern Apr 8, 2010 2:52 pm

Sensing a trend here.

Looks like immediate approval on the phone will NOT happen if you have the BA card.

Has any BA cardholder gotten immediate approval for this offer?

glu800 Apr 8, 2010 3:07 pm

just to add another data point:
Applied for and received the BA Visa in late Nov '09. I have an old Chase Freedom card from more than 3 years ago that I still use. Also had a UA Visa Signature card back in '07, which I canceled in Oct '08.

Did not receive instant approval on the phone, got the 2 weeks notice message. CSR also told me the offer is for 50K miles after FIRST purchase.

Fingers crossed! :eek:

gpp79 Apr 8, 2010 3:25 pm

When BA offered 100000 miles, I agree that is hot.
Give me atleast 5 reasons why this is a hot deals?

airshadow Apr 8, 2010 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by gpp79 (Post 13735703)
When BA offered 100000 miles, I agree that is hot.
Give me atleast 5 reasons why this is a hot deals?

BA was 100,000 miles for $75 annual fee after $2,000 spend.

This is 50,000 miles for no annual fee (waived first year) after only one purchase. I can give you 50,000 reasons why it's hot!