FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1069868-chase-milage-plus-visa-50-000-miles-sign-up-promotion.html)

SFOnative Apr 8, 2010 8:08 pm

I got approved over the phone and I currently have a no annual fee 1 mile=2 dollars spent UA card (not Visa Signature).

Gotta love 50K miles.....

superspudbucket Apr 9, 2010 6:26 am

Approved with recent credit card applications

Was approved instantly on the phone. My recent cc application history for those contemplating this....

12/15/09 - applied Chase BA card, turned down for too many recent applications
1/17/10 - applied for and received Starwood personal card
2/11/10 - applied for and received Starwood business card
2/14/10 - applied for Chase BA card, turned down, too many recent applications
4/9/10 - applied Chase 50K United offer, instantly approved.

YMMV

mrredskin Apr 9, 2010 6:29 am

so how does the one upgrade reward they give you work?

GrizShel Apr 9, 2010 7:24 am

Originally Posted by drummingcraig (Post 13714678)
Can't speak 100% for this particular offer, but when I got my MP Platinum Visa (before they switched to the new cards) I got a 40k bonus and they did in fact count as Chase "Choices" miles. ^ I would assume the same would be true here unless the terms have changed with the new cards.

I've had a UA Visa card for quite a while and I can't figure out what this is. I googled this it directed me to login at www.united.com/chase:

Your Mileage Plus Choices program balance can be found by visiting www.united.com/chase and logging in.
That link takes me to a page advertising Hotel and Car awards. There is nothing I can find that is labeled my "Choices program balance".

Can someone explain more about what this is and how it works?

airshadow Apr 9, 2010 7:45 am

Originally Posted by airshadow (Post 13735317)
I was approved for the BA card in mid-January and just applied. I did not get instant approval; so I guess I'll have to wait. I called the 800 number a few minutes ago and got the "we received your application on April 8 ... 2 weeks" recording, which is actually the same message I kept getting before being approved for the BA card. So maybe that's encouraging. I'll post results as they happen...

FOLLOW-UP: I called the 800 # first thing this morning and got the "congrats you're approved message" so that was quick! :cool:

BOShappyflyer Apr 9, 2010 8:01 am

Originally Posted by airshadow (Post 13739321)
FOLLOW-UP: I called the 800 # first thing this morning and got the "congrats you're approved message" so that was quick! :cool:

Thanks for the update and congrats! I applied early yesterday morning and didn't get the decision yet. My status message has now turned into "Your application is being reviewed...you will be notified in writing in 7-10 days". I have great credit, so I'm really hoping to get this card. Have you had a UA card ever before?

nydad Apr 9, 2010 8:18 am

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer (Post 13739416)
Thanks for the update and congrats! I applied early yesterday morning and didn't get the decision yet. My status message has now turned into "Your application is being reviewed...you will be notified in writing in 7-10 days". I have great credit, so I'm really hoping to get this card. Have you had a UA card ever before?

Call the back-door number of Chase: 1-888-245-0625. You should be able to speak to a live person there.

IADtoWhere Apr 9, 2010 8:32 am

So can you apply for this if you already have a Mileage Plus Select card (the one that earns 3x miles on united purchaes)?

airshadow Apr 9, 2010 8:54 am

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer (Post 13739416)

Thanks! No, this is my first UA card. In fact, my BA card was my first Chase card.

Hopefully you'll get some great news in a few days - good luck!

bdschobel Apr 9, 2010 10:55 am

Originally Posted by nydad (Post 13739515)
Call the back-door number of Chase: 1-888-245-0625. You should be able to speak to a live person there.

Very nice. Got a human. He checked on my pending application. Still in review.

Bruce

Jim055 Apr 9, 2010 11:04 am

Business version?

I applied yesterday and was instantly approved. My question: Is there a "Business" version to this 50,000 mile offer?

TechnoPagan Apr 9, 2010 11:20 am

Originally Posted by GrizShel (Post 13739224)
I've had a UA Visa card for quite a while and I can't figure out what this is. I googled this it directed me to login at www.united.com/chase:

That link takes me to a page advertising Hotel and Car awards. There is nothing I can find that is labeled my "Choices program balance".

Can someone explain more about what this is and how it works?

I believe the correct URL is:

http://www.united.com/choices

txrandom Apr 9, 2010 12:37 pm

I applied last night and wasn't given instant approval. My roommate applied as well and was instantly approved. I just received the Chase Continental card in early March, so I'm hoping that doesn't prevent me getting accepted.

maulah Apr 9, 2010 12:58 pm

Pardon my ignorance but is this offer for the people with status or just any one on the street. If indeed for anyone than what is the number to call as the web site has just the regular application without any contact number?

gabebalazs Apr 9, 2010 1:46 pm

I've called the phone number and the 4 vioce options were reservations, upgrades, enroll in Milage Plus, and manage my account.

Logically, I chose "Enroll", but it's not transferring me to a rep, it seems to be a voice machine controlled enrollement process (asking name, address etc.)

Am I supposed to be talking to a live rep? I don't want to just sign up for a new card with no 50K bonus miles. Or is that really the process, via a voice machine?