FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1069868-chase-milage-plus-visa-50-000-miles-sign-up-promotion.html)

Brian_D Apr 7, 2010 9:22 pm

Does anyone know which credit bureau the inquiry goes through? I recently did a couple Citi AAdvantage and the Chase Amtrak within the past 2 weeks which all hit Experian - probably not worth pushing my luck with another one if it is Experian.

dinosims Apr 7, 2010 9:49 pm

Wow - I am kicking myself for applying for the CO Visa from Chase not 2 days ago to get Mileathon credit....would have much preferred this deal. :-/ And who knows if I'm even going to get approved for it - got the BA card in Nov, and upon applying, I got the 7-10 days response....

kenbarber Apr 7, 2010 9:59 pm

I am not a regular on UA. how long do UA miles last before expireration? my FF ing is on hold until the kid is out of college.

knifemein Apr 7, 2010 10:23 pm

Thank you for the tip on this offer!

dinosims Apr 7, 2010 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by kenbarber (Post 13730907)
I am not a regular on UA. how long do UA miles last before expireration? my FF ing is on hold until the kid is out of college.

United miles expire after 18 months of inactivity. However, activity on the account is very easy to generate (eg, by buying a song on iTunes through the Online Mall), and will extend the miles for another 1.5 years.

studentbecometeacher Apr 7, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks op, I just applied. I was waiting for a good offer, and this is pretty good. The only negative is that it's $1 per mile spend so not as good as some of the other chase united cards which gives more miles per $ spend on united and other categories (groceries, etc.).

djakio Apr 7, 2010 11:11 pm

haha for some reason i feel a tiny bit of accomplishment that my orig post has reached this many replies...been using this forum for so long and never posted anything worthwhile

midnightio Apr 7, 2010 11:58 pm

Signed up this evening (after calling to cancel 2 tickets) -- asked if they had a credit card promo and was told they did and xfer'ed to the right area.

Took my info, 1 minute hold, and then was approved (left out the 10min of verbal description of the card, terms, and opting out of the add-on protection plan).

Easy enough. Thanks FT!

jmw2323 Apr 8, 2010 12:09 am

Originally Posted by midnightio (Post 13731402)
(left out the 10min of verbal description of the card, terms, and opting out of the add-on protection plan).

you were fortunate. She lost me after the second sentence. At the end of the speech, i had to ask if she gets sick of reading that so many times a day

nydad Apr 8, 2010 1:47 am

Originally Posted by djakio (Post 13731227)
haha for some reason i feel a tiny bit of accomplishment that my orig post has reached this many replies...been using this forum for so long and never posted anything worthwhile

You deserve it!

BOShappyflyer Apr 8, 2010 6:40 am

I just applied. I didn't get an instant approval, but I hope my card is approved (first year fee waived) and that I get the 50k miles. I got the BA card from late last year, so I don't quite meet the once-card-every-6 months-rule yet. Still, I read that there are exceptions to the rule, so I hope it's the same for me. I guess I'll find out in two weeks!

bennytma Apr 8, 2010 7:22 am

I applied. Thanks OP. Interestingly, one of the myriad conditions read to me during my signup call was that I could be denied any bonus offers if I am found to have a history of using Chase cards solely for bonus offers :o Who on earth would do such a thing? :D:D:D

nydad Apr 8, 2010 7:37 am

Originally Posted by bennytma (Post 13732555)
one of the myriad conditions read to me during my signup call was that I could be denied any bonus offers if I am found to have a history of using Chase cards solely for bonus offers :o Who on earth would do such a thing? :D:D:D

I almost laughed out aloud hearing this phrase.

By the way, I was instantly approved (hooray!) and I had gotten my BA-Chase about five months ago.

PS. The call center was located in Cebu, Philippines.

holtju2 Apr 8, 2010 8:16 am

Originally Posted by nydad (Post 13732628)

PS. The call center was located in Cebu, Philippines.

That's where the Chase's outsourced script monkey call center is located.

nydad Apr 8, 2010 9:02 am

I was instantly approved, but my spouse wasn't. I am a bit worried now.