FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1069868-chase-milage-plus-visa-50-000-miles-sign-up-promotion.html)

frankmu Apr 5, 2010 6:28 pm

I just got my card last month for the 30k bonus. Thanks for the tip--as a result of reading this post, I made my wife call and sign up for her own card. She got the 50k bonus and first year annual fee of $60 waived. She just called the number as posted above. Again, thanks for the tip--there is an envelope that came in the mail today offering 30k for the same card!^

Originally Posted by gregas (Post 13715155)
My wife has a card in her name under my Chase MP Visa Account (same acct. # for both cards). Does anyone know if she would be eligible for a the bonus miles if she signed up for her own account?

yes! it's the same situation with me, and she got approved without a problem.

liketoflyalot Apr 5, 2010 6:44 pm

Does anyone have a link to a page on the Chase website that documents this? I am definitely interested but can't find any info on their website.

doctor15 Apr 5, 2010 7:26 pm

Thanks OP! I was waiting for an opportunity to get a UA MP card. I called the customer service number, and after going through several menus, found the option to apply for a card. The agent immediately knew about the 50k bonus. No instant approval though.

eeee Apr 5, 2010 8:05 pm

Very nice. An October CO Chase card application may be a problem, so I'll try for this one late in the month. Thanks for the tip!

DarkHelmetII Apr 5, 2010 8:18 pm

anybody know how far back the history goes? Meaning, I had a UA Chase card several years ago, but certainly not in the last 24 months. Will I still get my 50k? With no annual fee 1st year, it's probably worth the effort to give it a shot ... but let me know if you have any input on this.

BCH Apr 5, 2010 9:57 pm

Spoke with a Chase agent just now, and she said that in reality only having the same type of Mileage Plus card (Visa Signature) would disqualify you from the 50,000 bonus.

In fact, she tried to push me to consider applying for the mileage offer, even though I already have a Visa Signature Mileage Plus card.

drummingcraig Apr 5, 2010 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by BCH (Post 13716671)
Spoke with a Chase agent just now, and she said that in reality only having the same type of Mileage Plus card (Visa Signature) would disqualify you from the 50,000 bonus.

In fact, she tried to push me to consider applying for the mileage offer, even though I already have a Visa Signature Mileage Plus card.

:confused::confused::confused:

So...does that mean that you can get the 50K as long as you're not applying for the same card already (ex. if you have the Red Carpet Club Visa and are applying for the Select Visa)?

eap Apr 6, 2010 7:31 am

This offer is valid only on the $60 card, not the higher-end cards.

bbelovic Apr 6, 2010 7:55 am

Originally Posted by eap (Post 13718364)
This offer is valid only on the $60 card, not the higher-end cards.

This is too bad, I was reading the thread and getting warmed up on finally pulling the trigger (historically avoided airline cards and used Amex Rewards instead for flexibility). But this really sounds like a good offer, but really wanted to go for Select - for 3x miles and EQM.

Does anyone know if Signature ($60) card can be "upgraded" to Select ($95) at later date, or do they make you open a new account?

Cohall Apr 6, 2010 9:47 am

Called the 1P line to get added to the UDU list, was offered the 50K bonus miles card without asking. Transferred to Chase and after a painfully incoherent application process, was instantly approved.

$60 Annual fee, waived for the first year (I'm just 1P so I think that it applies to everyone, not just 1Ks).

Thanks for the heads up OP!

krazymad Apr 6, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks Op! Just called in, signed up and got approved. Easiest 50k miles I've ever earned.

paytonc Apr 6, 2010 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by bbelovic (Post 13718497)
Does anyone know if Signature ($60) card can be "upgraded" to Select ($95) at later date, or do they make you open a new account?

Recent reports on this thread indicate that yes, you can convert the card.

bbelovic Apr 6, 2010 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by paytonc (Post 13720945)
Recent reports on this thread indicate that yes, you can convert the card.

Thanks for the pointer! I'll look into that, it could be a nice way to get around this "restriction" - I did call and confirm that the promo only applies to Signature. Not sure if the conversion will work though, most of the reports on the thread you mention are for conversions of older MP Visa cards to the new/current batch (eg. Platinum to Select).

sheffy Apr 6, 2010 3:11 pm

Hilarious. I just signed up for mine on Mar 31 for 30,000 bonus. One day off. :mad:

MrAbeFroman Apr 6, 2010 3:18 pm

Has anyone tried this with a referral? 50,0000 plus 15,000 as a referral would be great!