Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
Is this deal dead?

Looks like from reading this thread the 50K UA Visa deal is dead, anyone know the status? Kicking myself I didn't see this before May!
Old May 16, 2010, 10:54 am

May or may not be dead, depends on the target I think. I first received a letter inviting me to apply about about 3-4 weeks ago, with a deadline of June 2. Last week I finally got around to applying, was approved instantly and card arrived in 4 or 5 days (50k miles haven't posted, but then again I have yet to use the card to make a purchase).

After I had applied and was waiting on the card to arrive, I received an offer identical to the one I had initially received--this one with a deadline of June 27. Go figure.
Old May 17, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
Does anyone know when I would be able to cancel this card and apply for the 50K card? Do I have to keep the other card for a certain amount of time or they pull back the 30K miles?
You probably have to keep the card for at least 6 months or United/Chase "reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your account." Dependent on which card you recently signed up for, you may not be eligible for the 50K bonus on the Visa Signature card.

I just received my 50K offer in the mail today, with a note to "respond by June 23, 2010."

I can visit:
1. GetMyUnitedCard.com
2. Return the certificate
3. Call 800-933-0690

But based on what I see, this is a targeted offer and not open to everybody (or, no longer open to everybody). YMMV!
Old May 17, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott rewards, United, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
I didn't get this 50K card, as the offer didn't come out until about April 1. Just before that, I got the 30K card (with the annual fee) at the beginning of March and I received the 40K mile first use bonus on April 1. Does anyone know when I would be able to cancel this card and apply for the 50K card? Do I have to keep the other card for a certain amount of time or they pull back the 30K miles?
I am new here, but I had this card two years ago and cancelled it after getting the bonus of 25K miles. I applied and received this card but was denied the 50K miles because I had received a bonus before. I sent Chase a secure message and they confirmed no 50K because it is only for new card holders.
Old May 17, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Already had 2 UA MP cards applied for this one on 4/30 got the card 5 days later and immeditely used it.

Just got a letter today 5/17 that states because I have a card already I will not be elligible for the promotion . I swear I read in this thread others had multiple cards and still got 50k promo. First statment closed on 5/14 so we'll see what happens. I hope I get the miles.
Old May 18, 2010, 4:10 am

Is one of your existing UA cards the same as the 50k promo? The basic one with a $60 annual fee? I wonder if that may be it, or if anyone has gotten a bonus for the same 'type' of cards.

Originally Posted by rkaradi
Already had 2 UA MP cards applied for this one on 4/30 got the card 5 days later and immeditely used it.

Just got a letter today 5/17 that states because I have a card already I will not be elligible for the promotion . I swear I read in this thread others had multiple cards and still got 50k promo. First statment closed on 5/14 so we'll see what happens. I hope I get the miles.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:30 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I am happy to report that my 50,000 miles posted (along with the miles for my purchases) just after my statement closed. Wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 18, 2010, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Mine closes today, so I guess I'll see if I get it or not.

If I don't, I might convert it to a RCC card or the Triple Miles card.
Old May 18, 2010, 7:23 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Offer code

Originally Posted by perkunas
You probably have to keep the card for at least 6 months or United/Chase "reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your account." Dependent on which card you recently signed up for, you may not be eligible for the 50K bonus on the Visa Signature card.

I just received my 50K offer in the mail today, with a note to "respond by June 23, 2010."

I can visit:
1. GetMyUnitedCard.com
2. Return the certificate
3. Call 800-933-0690

But based on what I see, this is a targeted offer and not open to everybody (or, no longer open to everybody). YMMV!
The mailer I received has an Offer Code of Z31, which may help.
Old May 18, 2010, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by rkaradi
This actually scared me. After reading this last night, I checked my mail this morning (didn't get last night's due to getting home late) and saw a Chase envelope in there. I'm thinking I got this dreaded letter to. Opened it up to see that it was just explaining my $140 fee on my main card was waived due to 1K, but only one card was eligible to be waived. I was quite relieved.

Now just waiting for the miles to post from the statements.
Old May 18, 2010, 10:08 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Miles posted just after statement closed. We had been wanting to get to $250 spend just in case that was one of our terms (though it was said at application that it was after first purchase of ANY size), but only got to $160 before statement closed, but the miles are here -- hooray!
Old May 18, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by ILeftMyHeartInTexas
Looks like from reading this thread the 50K UA Visa deal is dead, anyone know the status? Kicking myself I didn't see this before May!
Still a 50K bonus application link up on May19:

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...p.do?SPID=CY8S
Old May 19, 2010, 10:05 am

50k link

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe....do?SPID=CY8S#

Hat tip, FTG

says please refer to your mail package for complete details

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 19, 2010 at 10:12 am Reason: already existing and active thread
Old May 19, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
WoW!

Good find!

I may get my wife to sign up for it.

Thanks for posting.
Old May 19, 2010, 12:47 pm

Thanks, I just applied but I may get rejected since i got the BA Chase in January 2010, and it hasn't been 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.