Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Disappointing cabin condition in 757s on LAX-ORD route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointing cabin condition in 757s on LAX-ORD route

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) 320x240; VZW; UTStar-XV6175; Window Mobile 6.1 Standard

I have not been on the 757 with the new seats, but I have been on the ex Ted 320s 6 or 7 times, and I much prefer the leather. Seems much more comfortable.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 12:15 am

Programs: UA1K 0.71+Lifetime ,DL,Hyatt Diamond,SPG,HH
Flew the 757 SJU - IAD with new leather. Very nice, the soggy sandwich in first was not so nice. I am guessing they overnight the food from either IAD or ORD. If it is fresh from SJU they needn't bother. I would have rather had a BOB from the back.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA-1P SPG-G PC-PLT
Flew the 757 w/ new interior last week on the SFO-SEA route. Upgrade cleared after boarding, so I sat in both Y and F. It was nice to have clean upholstery and what felt like new seat cushions, but overall, I didn't notice much difference in comfort compared to the old config. I hope the added weight of the leather upholstery isn't causing much of an increase in fuel costs:

-Slimline Y seats were about as supportive as the old Y seats. The difference in legroom might have been more apparent in E- than in E+.
-The leather F seats were supportive b/c the cushions were new, but pretty much felt like the old 757 F seats.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:44 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Last night, I flew ORD-LAX on a 757 with the leather F seats in F and cloth back in Y. It's an old livery plane; I'm not sure if this is the only one or not. In any case, the one thing I do miss is the small pouch in the upper pocket, which was a good place for me to clip my cell phone and store some other small stuff. Now, it all goes into the bigger pocket and I made sure to check it thoroughly before I deplaned.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Last night, I flew ORD-LAX on a 757 with the leather F seats in F and cloth back in Y. It's an old livery plane; I'm not sure if this is the only one or not. In any case, the one thing I do miss is the small pouch in the upper pocket, which was a good place for me to clip my cell phone and store some other small stuff. Now, it all goes into the bigger pocket and I made sure to check it thoroughly before I deplaned.
i agree tho for me, it was the perfect spot to hang my glasses
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
I can't believe there is only one refurbed non-PS 757. If that's true, I must have incredible luck. My last 5 flights (12/15 - 1/10) have all had new leather in first.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by braslvr
I can't believe there is only one refurbed non-PS 757. If that's true, I must have incredible luck. My last 5 flights (12/15 - 1/10) have all had new leather in first.
There is only one 757 flying around with the new slimline seats in Y, and F leather seats. However, there are multiple 757's flying around with leather in F and cloth in coach. Easy way to tell if you are in F, if there is a standard, non Em-Power outlet, you are on the one plane.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
There is one refurbished 757 flying around without a video screen in F. I was on it when it broke in Seattle on 12/14 and again on 1/17 from IAD-LAX. Skykits all around!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by mlx52
However, there are multiple 757's flying around with leather in F and cloth in coach.

Ah. That explains it. I sure like the new leather F seats, including the 319/320.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
Originally Posted by hiflyer66
I wonder if the condition/age of the aircraft is in any way correlated to the fact that United has been hemorrhaging cash for the past nine (9) years.
could be a reason for the bleeding too.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: United 1K (3MM) and RCC, elite levels for most hotel and car programs
SFO to IAD on 1/14

757 with new leather seats and overall flight was fine, but there were dried drops of a brown liquid beneath the overhead bins on much of the right hand F cabin. A bit nasty, I assumed it was from something that had leaked from a passenger bag days before -- and with the quick cleans now SOP, nothing really gets wiped off. Just glad I wasn't in 3D when the brown liquid was coming down!!

Last edited by recreationguru; Jan 21, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.