Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by i'mlovin'it
Meg Whitman (CEO, eBay) in the IAD IFL. Guess they make exceptions for letting VIPs into the IFL as she was not on an international itin.
I saw her testify at a House Energy & Commerce subcommittee session on privacy in the commercial world yesterday-- you must have caught her on her way out of DC from that.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Pureboy
So much for his father's "family values" kick.
I cant imagine a much better example of family values than being hooked up with triplets who were playmates.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA, NW
Sinbad

I forgot about this thread...

Sinbad
UA 7222 ORF-IAD on 27 May
I was in 1A he was in 2A

He boarded fairly late and few knew he was there. He spent most of the 45 minute flight eating his brought-on-board yoghurt and apples. Very nice, chatted with the FA for a bit and told us all about his sister and mother's battles with breast cancer (he was wearing the bracelet or ribbon, didn't see it myself but the FA asked about it).

He then got himself lost and confused in the D gates at IAD, had to ask directions a couple of times.

He'd done a big show at the Patriot Festival in Norfolk the night before the flight, did a great job I'd heard so it was neat to be able to tell him how much folks enjoyed it.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by i'mlovin'it
Meg Whitman (CEO, eBay) in the IAD IFL. Guess they make exceptions for letting VIPs into the IFL as she was not on an international itin.

eBay has a 2004 G550, what was she doing slumming it flying commercial?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 3:47 pm

The Gotti gang lol. Mrs. Gotti her kid (in F) and about 4 "servants"(in Y)
Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:03 pm
pbz

Programs: AA Gold
I've seen 2 "celebs" in an airport, the Iron Sheik @EWR and Ron Jeremy @LAS. Not sure which airline either of them was on. And MRS. z was the one who recognized Ron Jeremy.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by firenzelv
The Gotti gang lol. Mrs. Gotti her kid (in F) and about 4 "servants"(in Y)
Just out of curiousity. Were they wearing "I'm with stupid" T-Shirts? I saw lilly tomlin in the club in lax last month
Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by DENPremEx
Considering what a G550 costs per flight-hour, if she were travelling by herself, I can understand taking commercial. Or maybe it was being used by a group on another excursion.

Steve B.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by DENPremEx
Don't know. She had missed an earlier flight and was telling (a UGS rep?) that she didn't know what she was supposed to do (as far as rescheduling a flight) as she is normally on the company jet.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 2:31 am

Programs: AA, WN, SPG, UA
Saw Nick Notle at the DEN RCC West earlier this evening. Was surprised to see him in DEN.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 6:42 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Considering what a G550 costs per flight-hour, if she were travelling by herself, I can understand taking commercial. Or maybe it was being used by a group on another excursion.
I saw Meg Whitman a couple years back coming out of the DEN RCC with her family (I presume). So maybe for personal trips she takes commercial?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I saw Meg Whitman a couple years back coming out of the DEN RCC with her family (I presume). So maybe for personal trips she takes commercial?
This was definitely a business trip for her.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Chris Isaak yesterday SFO-BUR in 1C. He was flying down to host the EXTRA! TV show.

He must be remodeling his home or buying a new one. He was reading Architectural Digest and other home-design magazines, tearing out certain pages.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:28 pm

Wirelessly posted (HTC-8100/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Anybody else boarding UA24 (LAX-JFK) right now? Come up front and say hi to Bob Saget!
Old Jun 26, 2006, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
Saw Harrison Ford and Callista at Santa Monica Municipal airport . They were boarding a KingAir. No kids with 'em. She looked pretty good too. He seemed nice enough.

I was just hanging out at my buddy's hangar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.