Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [Through 2011]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2004, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
March of 2004, Lennox Lewis, ORD-LGA, 2C. His fur coat bag took up the entire hanging closet (733). ^

Channel 9 was on and for some reason the intra-plane intercom could be heard on it before takeoff. The GA called the cockpit to ask if they knew who was in 2C...the GA said, "well, you sure won't have any problems on this flight!" to which the captain replies, "uh, yeah, unless *that* guy gets outta hand, then I don't know WHAT we're gonna do </laughter>"

Elliot Spitzer, SFO-JFK last month, in C.
Old Jul 25, 2004, 11:18 am

Talking

Originally Posted by kcvt750
You sure it was his seat belt that required a buckle up?

Very funny!!!
Old Jul 26, 2004, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by thebug622
If you think a flight attendant or an airline for that matter is not going to treat a former president of the United States differently from you or I, then you must have just fallen off the turnip truck
Obviously the Internet medium blurred the tongue-in-cheek aspect of my post.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
While I support any airline enforcing the take off and landing procedures, what are the FAs to do. If problems evolve, then the former President will now become a safety hazard. That said, short of having the nerve to approach the former President regarding this matter (and having a few Secret Service agents perform "Boom Boom" on one's head), I suspect he is more connected than Glenn Tilton. Therefore, as long as no safety concern is immanent, then who cares. The former President can do what ever he wants. If the cell phone conversation is a matter of safety then the Captain of the aircraft can intervene. That said, the former President is not my favorite but Presidential membership does have its privileges.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

So does this mean that if I don't want to do what they ask (e.g. seat in upright position) and I say you are not making him do that, can I keep my seat like his or do I get in trouble?
Old Jul 27, 2004, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
So does this mean that if I don't want to do what they ask (e.g. seat in upright position) and I say you are not making him do that, can I keep my seat like his or do I get in trouble?
You don't get in trouble I'd reckon. I've had nature call (more like call 911) at <5,000 feet, and other than a minor glance as i ran into the lav, nothing.

Edited to say perhaps it's the worst answer - you get in trouble, if the FA wants you to get in trouble
Old Jul 27, 2004, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Transcons usually have someone 'famous'. My last 3 or 4 flights have been dry. Last night I took UA 12 LAX/JFK.

Not 1, not 2, but 3 .

1. Tyler Hilton who I had zero idea of who he was. Since the FA's were fawning over him... I asked for his autograph for my 17 year old. He gave me a promotional cd that he signed. We chatted a bit. Seat 5D

2. Bob the batchelor was in 10 or 11A . I had him sign Hemispheres for my daughter. He was delightful to chat with. Seems like a regular guy.

3. The DA from Law and Order ( forgive the spelling) S. Apatha....
Funny thin is UA showed Jersey Girl with Ben Afflick and J. Lo tonight; and S. Apatha was in the movie. She was delightful too.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53
1. Tyler Hilton I asked for his autograph for my 17 year old.
2. Bob the batchelor I had him sign Hemispheres for my daughter. 3. The DA from Law and Order ( forgive the spelling) S. Apatha....
Funny thin is UA showed Jersey Girl with Ben Afflick and J. Lo tonight; and S. Apatha was in the movie. She was delightful too.
What did you ask her to sign, Mr. Nusiance?
Old Jul 27, 2004, 7:46 am

Programs: UA-2P, Hyatt-Plat, SPG-Gold, Marriott-Silver, Delta-Boycott
United Flight 274 out of LAX friday afternoon.

Chili Davis formerly of the Yankees Friday night. Man is he huge. He had a big chili bling bling gold necklace on his chest.

Mark Wahlberg aka. Marky Mark was also on the flight. He spent a lotof time on the phone.

I think there were some famous guys from a band also, but I did not recognize them for sure.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
What did you ask her to sign, Mr. Nusiance?
She signed the back of the hemisphers mag.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 8:21 am

Programs: Nothing much anymore. Used to be annual 1K but ditched the work travel life. Still 1MM on UA.
Martina Navratilova was on both legs of my SMF-SFO-SAN journey yesterday. She kept a pretty low profile and I never saw anyone approach or talk to her.

It's obvious she is still fit enough to play tennis at a high level.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I will continue to obide by the rules set forth by the FAA and UAL in terms of what they want when I am on their aircraft. What ex-President Clinton does is his business. I was raised to follow rules. Apparantly, the ex-President follows the beat of a different drummer.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 11:23 am

CNN Europe's Quest

Richard Quest was in 5D on 1047 IAD-MIA last Thursday night. I was in 5C, and think that only one of the FA's and I knew who he was. Didn't ask if he was going around the world in Y again, he appeared headed for the frolics of South Beach.
Old Jul 28, 2004, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
Apparantly, the ex-President follows the beat of a different drummer.
Hmmm, you bet he does...
Old Sep 5, 2004, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
had the pleasure of sitting next to daniel martinez from the national park service, discovery channel and history channel on 869 (iad-sfo, 5 sept-both of us downgraded when they swapped a 777 to a 75 ....).

he's a true history buff but above all-a very very nice person and had great stories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.