Print Wikipost

Lufthansa Lounge Access in DTW/Detroit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Wait.... what?

When did this happen?
I think in the last two to three weeks. The last time I was there was right before the daylight savings time change, and the lounge had extended hours to accommodate the fact that Europe had yet to change their clocks. At that time the lounge was still open in the morning.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Peatisback
Very disappointed to see the new LH Lounge hours are 1200-1830. I really liked using the lounge in the morning even if the offerings were nothing compared to the afternoon.

In other news, the afternoon food selection is much improved. They've added wings, a few deep fried items (not sure what they were) and very good freshly baked pretzels. The deserts have also improved- more selection at any given visit and more variety between visits (I'm through DTW nearly once a week).
Originally Posted by Peatisback
I think in the last two to three weeks. The last time I was there was right before the daylight savings time change, and the lounge had extended hours to accommodate the fact that Europe had yet to change their clocks. At that time the lounge was still open in the morning.
I don't know what you witnessed or the any other part of your expierence, but I have been sitting in the lounge today since about 9:30am, and with my current delay I will probably be another hour or so Although, I may have a bowl of soup.

I can confirm the hours at DTW are still 5:00am est. to 6:30pm est.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
I don't know what you witnessed or the any other part of your expierence, but I have been sitting in the lounge today since about 9:30am, and with my current delay I will probably be another hour or so Although, I may have a bowl of soup.

I can confirm the hours at DTW are still 5:00am est. to 6:30pm est.
Very happy to see this. The posted lounge hours on the sign by the door had the more restricted hours on the day I was there- maybe it was just for that day. Glad that it still has the normal opening hours!
Old May 9, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
I am in the lounge now waiting for my CO flight to IAH. I have been in the lounge several times in the past.....always on the Senator side (must have been AM departures). Today, they directed me to the Business Class side. Still very nice and gives most RCC's or PC's a run for their money. All staff are cheery, well-groomed, and smartly dressed. Again some learning points here for United and Continental.

As long as this is available to us to use, I am rather pleased there is no RCC or PC in DTW as the Lufhansa Lounge is definitely a step up! Well done LH!
Old May 14, 2011, 9:42 pm

Programs: SQ KF (ex-UA)
So, I'm an RCC member (not *G unfortunately) flying on AC in a couple weeks. I should be able to use this lounge right?
Old May 14, 2011, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by gailwynand
So, I'm an RCC member (not *G unfortunately) flying on AC in a couple weeks. I should be able to use this lounge right?
Yes, you will need your RCC card, and the AC boarding pass.
Old May 29, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Any DTW lounge access?

I'm flying DTW-DEN and my flight does not depart until 7pm. What lounge (if any) can I use on a domestic flight as RCC member and Star Gold?
Old May 29, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
You can use the Lufthansa lounge - it's down near the UA gates. You'll have to show your Red Carpet Club card unless you're flying in first. Enjoy!
Old May 29, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JCDennis
You can use the Lufthansa lounge - it's down near the UA gates. You'll have to show your Red Carpet Club card unless you're flying in first. Enjoy!
Such a change from the Germany lounges where you always need to show your *Gold card ... After I volunteered my card and was told by the attendant that she didn't need to see it (the BP was enough) I told her she shouldn't let her German colleagues hear that as they would be appalled!
Old May 29, 2011, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
I'm flying DTW-DEN and my flight does not depart until 7pm. What lounge (if any) can I use on a domestic flight as RCC member and Star Gold?
As mentioned above, the LH lounge is the only option there. Please note, it does close @ 6:30pm (est).
Old May 30, 2011, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by neo_781
Such a change from the Germany lounges where you always need to show your *Gold card ... After I volunteered my card and was told by the attendant that she didn't need to see it (the BP was enough) I told her she shouldn't let her German colleagues hear that as they would be appalled!
Should your BP in Germany be for the first class cabin, you wouldn't need to show your *G card either. (Not required for C BP, but then you would only qualify for the Business rather than Senator lounge)

https://ww3.lufthansa.com/us/en/Loun...ons-and-access
Old May 30, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by okrogius
Should your BP in Germany be for the first class cabin, you wouldn't need to show your *G card either. (Not required for C BP, but then you would only qualify for the Business rather than Senator lounge)

https://ww3.lufthansa.com/us/en/Loun...ons-and-access
Tell that to Lufthansa! I've always needed the card especially in Frankfurt.
Old May 30, 2011, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by neo_781
Tell that to Lufthansa! I've always needed the card especially in Frankfurt.
I think some are confusing the basis for accessing the lounge.

If in Y (intl or domestic), IME you must show the card (or have an RCC membership card) to access the lounge.

If in domestic F/C (for DTW/IAD and other "domestic" non-UA/US/CO lounges) you *should* only need to show the F(or C) BP (*G status should have no bearing if you are in a premium cabin).
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
US Airways Club

Lufthansa's website is not clear, but Star Alliance's claims (although their lounge finder is not working right now) I can get in as a US Airways Club member. Can anyone confirm this?

I am arriving in Detroit, not leaving from Detroit, so I hope that won't be a problem...
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Joshua
Lufthansa's website is not clear, but Star Alliance's claims (although their lounge finder is not working right now) I can get in as a US Airways Club member. Can anyone confirm this?

I am arriving in Detroit, not leaving from Detroit, so I hope that won't be a problem...
Please don't hold me to this (as I have always arrived back to DTW after the lounge closed, so I have no direct expierence in the matter)....

The *A website says:
Paid Lounge Membership Customers: Eligible Paid Lounge Membership Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.
  • Eligible Paid Lounge Membership Customers include: United Airlines Red Carpet Club, US Airways Club, Air Canada Maple Leaf Club - Worldwide, and Continental Airlines Presidents Club.
  • Customer must present a valid eligible paid lounge membership card which displays the Star Alliance Lounge Logo
  • Customer must also present a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
  • Customer is entitled to one guest
I think the key term is "departing". So I am not optimistic you would get access.

Also, FWIW what time do you arrive at DTW?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.