S 0600 - 20:00
S 1100 - 19:00
Print Wikipost

Lufthansa Lounge Access in DTW/Detroit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2009, 7:03 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
ditto on it being nice....

they have real food, german beer (and good wine and champaign), nice cookies and a great expresso machine.

First time I tried to get in with the RCC card, they said no, only *G. So I showed them that and I was in. Have used it about half a dozen times.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
That has always been the case for non US and UA *G. And now even US and UA *G traveling on domestic *A flight have been able to get in LH lounge within US.
WOW, I missed the boat on this one. Are there any other *Alliance lounges with such a generous policy?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by doctor15
WOW, I missed the boat on this one. Are there any other *Alliance lounges with such a generous policy?
Yes, all over the world

But if you are refering to ones you can visit inside the USA (without a intl ticket)? SFO, LAX (IF you can get into the TBIT), and a few other I have heard of... but can't remember (I can't find the thread either).
Old Oct 29, 2009, 9:17 am

Programs: UA1K
i think LH at IAD is one of the best in the US.

the food there is GREAT^
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:18 am

Programs: SWA A-List/Companion Pass, BAEC Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold, ChoicePrivileges Gold
This is exciting news! When I traveled from DTW in September I saw LH had finally opened their permanent lounge as opposed to the temporary lounge I saw last time I was there. I'll be in DTW in about a month and just made 1P so I'll have to check it out.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
The new LH lounge in DTW is very similar to the one in IAD. Both do have limited access hours but I have not been denied access at either one.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
does anyone know the hours? I have a 1030am flight next week and was hoping to use it.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
That has always been the case for non US and UA *G. And now even US and UA *G traveling on domestic *A flight have been able to get in LH lounge within US.
I apologize if I am being obtuse, but this seems too good to be true. Do you mean that my husband who is a 1P can access an LH lounge stateside when let's say he is travelling in Y on UA from SFO-IAD? I don't see an LH lounge in SFO but I know they have one in IAD.

It doesn't make sense that LH would let him into their lounge when UA won't let him into an RCC after he's spent the cash on UA.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by playbbg
does anyone know the hours? I have a 1030am flight next week and was hoping to use it.
Sorry, you won't. LH indicates 2:30pm-6:00pm
Old Oct 29, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by playbbg
Sorry....you're out of luck. LH flights are all later in the day and the lounge only opens for a few hours prior to flights. That goes for both IAD and DTW
Old Oct 29, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by janehoya
Do you mean that my husband who is a 1P can access an LH lounge stateside when let's say he is travelling in Y on UA from SFO-IAD? I don't see an LH lounge in SFO but I know they have one in IAD.

It doesn't make sense that LH would let him into their lounge when UA won't let him into an RCC after he's spent the cash on UA.
Yes, this is exactly what it means. There are very few US airports where this would be feasible or convenient (well none if you're talkin convenience) but if he's willing to make the trek to the LH lounge when he's flying on a UA domestic ticket then he is entitled to access. Definitely possible at IAD.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 1:31 pm

I apologize if I am being obtuse, but this seems too good to be true. Do you mean that my husband who is a 1P can access an LH lounge stateside when let's say he is travelling in Y on UA from SFO-IAD? I don't see an LH lounge in SFO but I know they have one in IAD.

IIRC its a SQ lounge at SFO.

Now, regarding USA admission (from the *A website):

Star Alliance Gold Customers Travelling in Any Class: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.
  • Customer must present a valid frequent flyer programme Star Alliance Gold level card
  • Customer must also present a boarding card for a same day Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
  • Customer is entitled to one guest
  • United and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the Red Carpet Club and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.

Notice that the policy only prohibits US and UA *G from RCC's & US clubs.... It DOESN'T prohibit us from the other member lounges.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
I'm glad this post came back up, as I've been meaning to ask about this. I was at DTW a couple of weeks ago and noticed the LH lounge...but I needed to get to the gate to resolve an issue and never made it back there. Now I know.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Smile Thanks everyone for your replies

Hmm, I wonder if 1P's will be allowed into Continental's lounges? Now that really wouldn't make any sense at all.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 1:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Hmm, I wonder if 1P's will be allowed into Continental's lounges? Now that really wouldn't make any sense at all.
If flying international or premium cabin yes, if domestic, economy only not likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.