T 0600 - 19:00
F 0600 - 20:00
S 0600 - 20:00
S 1100 - 19:00
Print Wikipost

Lufthansa Lounge Access in DTW/Detroit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:58 am

Domestic, yes. Just show your *G card. I believe you can bring up to 2 guests if you get upgraded to F as well.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, NH, AA, HA
Thumbs up And the Lufthansa Agent there is great!

I fell compelled to comment on the agent that works in the Lufthansa lounge in the morning. She's consistently pleasant and helpful. I've been through there four times recently (always with the same agent) and I'm impressed!

On the last visit, (7/11) she was working her day off to cover an absence and she was her same cheerful self.

Is there a Flyertalk award (informal or otherwise) for outstanding airline personnel? :-:
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Smile

So I'm on the UA flight from DTW to ORD. I was successfully granted access to the LH lounge with no problem. It appears to be open continuously from morning until ~6 PM with no interruption. (Some other thread stated it closed mid-day). The lounge is nice and uncrowded. Since it was early, only the Business lounge, but not the senator lounge was open. The food was super basic. They did have beer, wine, and liquor available. Free wi-fi (ask for a card at the desk). There is a selection of German and English reading material--it's a bit German heavy, but I'm bilingual, so that's ok by me. What a bonus for flying in and out of DTW! Makes up for my time on the crappy RJ I have to get on in 15 minutes
Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
It is actually the Senator side (to the left when you enter) that is open all day. But yes, the food gets progressively better as the day goes on.

Originally Posted by astroflyer
So I'm on the UA flight from DTW to ORD. I was successfully granted access to the LH lounge with no problem. It appears to be open continuously from morning until ~6 PM with no interruption. (Some other thread stated it closed mid-day). The lounge is nice and uncrowded. Since it was early, only the Business lounge, but not the senator lounge was open. The food was super basic. They did have beer, wine, and liquor available. Free wi-fi (ask for a card at the desk). There is a selection of German and English reading material--it's a bit German heavy, but I'm bilingual, so that's ok by me. What a bonus for flying in and out of DTW! Makes up for my time on the crappy RJ I have to get on in 15 minutes
Old Sep 17, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: Star Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
FYI - the DTW LH lounge is now open at 5am.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Finally, after years of my occasional trips ex-DTW (MBS is actually 5min from my house). I had a trip where I could use the lounge.

As mentioned above it indeed opens at 5:00am, and was warmly welcomed in after handing over my BP and 1P card.

Also, am I missing something about senator "side" and business "side" as it all looked like one lounge to me (and no curtain or additional doors to indicate another "side").
Old Sep 28, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Finally, after years of my occasional trips ex-DTW (MBS is actually 5min from my house). I had a trip where I could use the lounge.

As mentioned above it indeed opens at 5:00am, and was warmly welcomed in after handing over my BP and 1P card.

Also, am I missing something about senator "side" and business "side" as it all looked like one lounge to me (and no curtain or additional doors to indicate another "side").
I am based in Michigan and use this club almost weekly.

The Senator side is to the left as you walk in, the easy way to tell if you are on the Senator side is if there is liquor available to pour; the Business side (to the right) only has beer/wine.

The confusion may come from the fact that they frequently open only the Senator side in the early mornings and at non-busy times. When this is the case they will roll a rack of magazines/newspapers in front of the Business side corridor.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:41 am

Programs: UA *G
Went in about a week ago with UDU'd F BP and 1P card in hand. The nice lady said, "Oh, if you're in F, you don't need the card."

Really? If you're flying in UA domestic F, do you get access regardless of whether you have *G status? Would be good to know since I'm getting demoted to 2P soon.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
With the SKL lounge at SFO now barring UA * Golds on domestic tickets from entering, any chance we may see the same with LH?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post15553880
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
LH is making a ton of $$ from UA for lounge access, so I doubt it. The only reason SKL did it is because they don't have too much space.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by SaveMeFromDTW
Went in about a week ago with UDU'd F BP and 1P card in hand. The nice lady said, "Oh, if you're in F, you don't need the card."

Really? If you're flying in UA domestic F, do you get access regardless of whether you have *G status? Would be good to know since I'm getting demoted to 2P soon.
From the *A lounge access policy:
Domestic First Class: Some Star Alliance Member carriers offer lounge access to customers travelling in domestic First Class.
  • Where domestic First Class level lounges are offered, customers must present a boarding card for a same day travel in domestic First Class on a Star Alliance flight
  • Customer must be departing from the local airport in Domestic First Class
  • Customer is entitled to one guest
Old Feb 5, 2011, 12:30 am

Programs: UA *G
Got in today with a UDU'd boarding pass for a connecting flight (didn't clear on the leg out of DTW); let in with no problem!

Pretty good food selection (way better than an RCC) - a caprese salad, lox spread, fruit salad, hot minestrone, turkey & swiss wraps, crackers, and cheese. Makes me wonder how much LH is billing UA...
Old Feb 5, 2011, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by SaveMeFromDTW
Makes me wonder how much LH is billing UA...
People keep bringing that up.... and while it a valid question. Couldn't one make the leap, that for every UA*G accessing a *G lounge, that just as many OA *G access a RCC? So, that on paper it might be a wash?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Very disappointed to see the new LH Lounge hours are 1200-1830. I really liked using the lounge in the morning even if the offerings were nothing compared to the afternoon.

In other news, the afternoon food selection is much improved. They've added wings, a few deep fried items (not sure what they were) and very good freshly baked pretzels. The deserts have also improved- more selection at any given visit and more variety between visits (I'm through DTW nearly once a week).
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Peatisback
Very disappointed to see the new LH Lounge hours are 1200-1830. I really liked using the lounge in the morning even if the offerings were nothing compared to the afternoon.
Wait.... what?

When did this happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.