Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3.3MM
Made 3MM today

Flights from SEA - IAH; IAH - IAD, which took me over the 3MM mark by about 199 miles. Was interesting...on the flight BWI - IAH on the way out, the flight attendant in FC came over to talk to me. There was a big STAR by my seat assignment (4E) and she said that was indicative of a mileage threshold. I explain that this roundtrip to take me over 3MM. The flight to SEA there was no mention or any attention; same for SEA - IAH and IAH - IAD, so I assume they (flight attendants) knew, but just didn't mean anything to them. Was indicative, I think, of the difference in flight attendants, some of whom take a personal interest in passengers, and many who do not.

In any event, now (after about 30 years) sitting at 3,000,199 miles. Will be nice to enjoy the 1K for life, to the extent that it's actually for life.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Congratulations! There will be many more years to enjoy.
Old May 27, 2016, 6:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Premier Plat (1.2 MM), Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, GE
Thrilled to have finally made 1MM on a EWR-LAX flight yesterday! The captain and co-pilot invited me to sit in the pilot's seat of the B-777 for a photo-op at EWR and the Captain gave me a copy of the Operational Flightplan for UA 751 for May 26 upon deplaning. I also got some free snacks back in Economy Plus (I'm only Gold and don't get RPU's).
Old May 27, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by UA Mike
Thrilled to have finally made 1MM on a EWR-LAX flight yesterday! The captain and co-pilot invited me to sit in the pilot's seat of the B-777 for a photo-op at EWR and the Captain gave me a copy of the Operational Flightplan for UA 751 for May 26 upon deplaning. I also got some free snacks back in Economy Plus (I'm only Gold and don't get RPU's).
Very nice. I'll see what I get when I cross later this summer. The normal seems to be no recognition.
Old May 27, 2016, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
In honor of Captain Denny's retirement, I put up some pictures of my MM flight with him -- it was a great one from DEN-LGA.

Note -- this is a link to my blog and FT rules require that I disclose this.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
I finally made 1MM on May 12, ORD-DCA.

A couple of days ago, I got an email from United that said I would receive credentials in 4-6 weeks. I guess this is just a new MP card.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:27 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AlanInDC

A couple of days ago, I got an email from United that said I would receive credentials in 4-6 weeks. I guess this is just a new MP card.
On the new card, it denotes that you are a million miler
Old May 29, 2016, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by AlanInDC

Congratulations! Enjoy your new status! Credentials often come more quickly than the 4-6 weeks.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
In honor of Captain Denny's retirement, I put up some pictures of my MM flight with him -- it was a great one from DEN-LGA.

Note -- this is a link to my blog and FT rules require that I disclose this.
Wow! What a way to pass that milestone (MM with Captain Denny) he is such a great guy. He will be greatly missed in his sky office. Thanks for the photos! Safe Travels..
Old May 29, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Made MM this past Sunday - and again on Tuesday ;-) While waiting to board at LAS, my name was paged and asked to approach the gate agent, not the podium. I did, fearing that I was being bumped or there was a problem with my checked bag. Instead, a big smile and genuine 'Congratulations and thank you for being a loyal United flyer - we truly appreciate your business' and was handed a printed UA card welcoming me to MM and signed by 'your LAS UA team.' It was very nice. The funny thing was on the return trip Tuesday from NYC, more or less the same thing happened - without the paging. When my bp was scanned, the gate agent thanked me and handed me another of the cards, this one signed by 'my' LGA UA team - about 8 names. A very nice touch.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Waldofriend
Made MM this past Sunday - and again on Tuesday ;-) While waiting to board at LAS, my name was paged and asked to approach the gate agent, not the podium. I did, fearing that I was being bumped or there was a problem with my checked bag. Instead, a big smile and genuine 'Congratulations and thank you for being a loyal United flyer - we truly appreciate your business' and was handed a printed UA card welcoming me to MM and signed by 'your LAS UA team.' It was very nice. The funny thing was on the return trip Tuesday from NYC, more or less the same thing happened - without the paging. When my bp was scanned, the gate agent thanked me and handed me another of the cards, this one signed by 'my' LGA UA team - about 8 names. A very nice touch.
Congratulations! Enjoy the recognition and the new special status!

Last edited by DJR0495; May 29, 2016 at 2:34 pm Reason: Meant to add something, but hit the wrong button.
Old May 29, 2016, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Congratulations to all newly minted MM and multi-MM flyers.

Truly a wonderful personal accomplishment!
Old May 29, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Thanks! It kind of sneaked up on me.
Old May 29, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by DJR0495
Congratulations! Enjoy your new status! Credentials often come more quickly than the 4-6 weeks.
I hope you get yours. Mine never showed up, even after multiple calls about it, told it was being reordered...nothing. I did get new credentials this year for 2016 but not whatever that plaque is that MM's are supposed to get.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I crossed 1MM on TPE - SFO last Saturday. Ironically, I was #1 on the upgrade list from T-24 through boarding (there were a total of 7 passengers on the list), and no luck. I ended up in an isle seat in coach on 787-9, which wasn't too bad compared with other older aircrafts UA still uses for trans-Pac routes. No recognition by the staff - I guess perhaps at my next flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.