Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The People Mover /ATS, O’Hare’s (ORD) shuttle train, to close until Fall 2019

E to C gate shuttle discountinedMCT Feb 2021 from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .50 1.15 1.30 1.30
OFFLINE .50 1.15 1.30 1.30
** OR * ARE ALL

UA-UA DD .45 AUA - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 DUB - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 1 - 2839 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 3160 - 6384 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 SNN - ALL
UA-UA DD .40 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 1 - 2839
UA-UA DD .40 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 3160 - 6384
UA-UA DD .35
UA-UA DI .45 AUA - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 DUB - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 SNN - ALL
UA-UA DI .40
UA-UA ID 1.30 GRU - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 HKG - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 MEX - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 MTY - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 PEK - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 PVG - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 SIN - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.20
UA-UA II 1.30 GRU - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 HKG - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 MEX - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 MTY - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 PEK - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 PVG - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 SIN - ALL
UA-UA II 1.20
older MCT ORD MCT data - Sept 2016

Archive: Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2024, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfo
Flight arrives ORD T1 at 1958 and departs from T5 at 2140 on LOT. Assuming arriving flight is on time or may be a bit late, which is faster, the transfer bus from T1 or taking the train? If I take the train, I must clear TSA security at T5?. Thanks.
Take the bus from gate B1. The train is landside, and you would need to redo TSA at T5 if using it.

The train does run more frequently, but all considered, the bus is less hassle, and unless you have all the clear/pre options for accelerating TSA, you will almost certainly lose the time savings from the train by doing security again.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Take the bus from gate B1. The train is landside, and you would need to redo TSA at T5 if using it.

The train does run more frequently, but all considered, the bus is less hassle, and unless you have all the clear/pre options for accelerating TSA, you will almost certainly lose the time savings from the train by doing security again.
Right on point! Be sure to have boarding passes handy for your LOT T5 departure as some bus drivers insist when boarding the B1 bus.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Right on point! Be sure to have boarding passes handy for your LOT T5 departure as some bus drivers insist when boarding the B1 bus.
Yes, good reminder — the staff want to see a T5 departure boarding pass and some kind of ID to use the bus.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 10:32 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks for your replies, I do appreciate them. The bus it is. I do have TSA precheck and the only way I would use that is if the flight inbound is very late and the train runs more frequently then I would probably use that option. I think the bus departs about every 15 Min? I will have printed out the boarding passes.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 9:08 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
The train is marginally faster but then you have to re-clear security at T5 which will usually shift the advantage back to the bus.

The bus stop is at gate B1. It drops you off at M13 in T5.

B1 has no elevator or escalator. You must carry your bags down (or up) the stairs. M13 has elevators.
Old Yesterday, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
Originally Posted by sfo
Thanks for your replies, I do appreciate them. The bus it is. I do have TSA precheck and the only way I would use that is if the flight inbound is very late and the train runs more frequently then I would probably use that option. I think the bus departs about every 15 Min? I will have printed out the boarding passes.
My last T1-T5 flight about 6 months ago--I decided I had plenty of time and would take the train. T-5 security was a zoo with no clear start of line. It took over 1.5 hours to clear security in T-5. I have pre-check but the pre-check line was closed and they were sending everyone through the same line. That will be the last time I do that, unless the bus is not running.
Old Yesterday, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ll22949
My last T1-T5 flight about 6 months ago--I decided I had plenty of time and would take the train. T-5 security was a zoo with no clear start of line. It took over 1.5 hours to clear security in T-5. I have pre-check but the pre-check line was closed and they were sending everyone through the same line. That will be the last time I do that, unless the bus is not running.
Until Southwest and Delta moved to T5, the Pre-Check line was almost nearly empty since it was nearly all ineligible foreign travelers or airlines that weren't yet partnered with TSA Pre-Check. The biggest annoyance I had was SK not being able to print out a PDF boarding pass with Pre-Check written on it while checking-in online (the app also had the same issue); I had to go to the check-in counter to get a proper Pre-Check boarding pass. I had heard about horror stories about T5 Pre-Check being closed, but I guess got lucky the few times I had to go through there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.