Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Worldwide) & Premium Plus (Domestic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I can't find a 2024 thread. Is there one?

They made the chocolate quinoa snack bigger:
Twice as big, in fact! Still on the light side, but doesn't feel so skimpy now.

I got the bigger one on my first flight, though. The smaller one was on my second flight connecting. So unsurprisingly there's some older stock to clear still.
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by fumje
I can't find a 2024 thread. Is there one?

They made the chocolate quinoa snack bigger:

Twice as big, in fact! Still on the light side, but doesn't feel so skimpy now.

I got the bigger one on my first flight, though. The smaller one was on my second flight connecting. So unsurprisingly there's some older stock to clear still.
FINALLY! I remember when I first had them (and the fruit bar) laughing at how small they are, meanwhile Delta American etc. all give out properly sized snacks.
I still wish we had the stroopwafel back though, but these cookies are delicious
Old Feb 12, 2024, 3:27 pm

I also had a good laugh the first time I was handed the 0.25oz version of the quinoa crisp. It just seems like a waste of everyone's time to even bother handing it out.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 5:27 pm

Am I wrong for missing United's own snack mixes many years ago? I remember that as a core memory of traveling UA as a young child.
ll22949 and drgreg like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:47 pm

I know, I know...asking about Y meals on FT! Premium Plus was sold out and Polaris was too expensive.

IAH SCL UA847. Flight was delayed 14 hours due to a mechanical issue. I was pleased that the flight was delayed rather than canceled.

No mid flight service except an infant bottle of water about 4 hours in.

2nd meal, served about 90 minutes out, was a Cobanhi yogurt and a cinnamon bread stick, about 1/2 the size of a Slim Jim; not an exaggeration.

is this normal for a 2nd meal or is this the result of catering due to the delay? (Premium Plus was the row in front of me and its meals seemed to be proper and I've had semi-proper 2nd meals US->EUR in Y.)

Last edited by lamphs; Mar 18, 2024 at 6:26 pm
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lamphs
I know, I know...asking about Y meals on FT! Premium Plus was sold out and Polaris was too expensive.

IAH SCL UA847. Flight was delayed 14 hours due to a mechanical issue. I was pleased that the flight was delayed rather than canceled.

No mid flight service except an infant bottle of water about 4 hours in.

2nd meal, served about 90 minutes out, was a Cobanhi yogurt and a cinnamon bread stick, about 1/2 the size of a Slim Jim; not an exaggeration.

is this normal for a 2nd meal or is this the result of catering due to the delay? (Premium Plus was the row in front of me and its meals seemed to be proper and I've had semi-proper 2nd meals US->EUR in Y.)
Nope, that is the standard.

On tray setup: Butter, bread (individually wrapped), salad, packaged dessert
Salad: Apple wheatberry grain salad with mesclun (allergens: wheat)​
Option 1: Butter chicken (allergens: treenuts, milk)
Option 2: Seven vegetable stir-fry with noodles and teriyaki sauce (allergens: wheat, soybean)

Arrival Basket with cinnamon streusel biscotti and Greek yogurt
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
I just noticed the small package even says "CRISP" vs "CRISPS" in the larger package haha
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Nope, that is the standard.

On tray setup: Butter, bread (individually wrapped), salad, packaged dessert
Salad: Apple wheatberry grain salad with mesclun (allergens: wheat)​
Option 1: Butter chicken (allergens: treenuts, milk)
Option 2: Seven vegetable stir-fry with noodles and teriyaki sauce (allergens: wheat, soybean)

Arrival Basket with cinnamon streusel biscotti and Greek yogurt
I thought yogurt/biscotti breakfast was eliminated? Unless they did bring it back.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sonyeoshin
I thought yogurt/biscotti breakfast was eliminated? Unless they did bring it back.
It's back. On longer flights (to Asia, Africa, plus West Coast - London/ Europe, full hot breakfast in Y).
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:31 am

It's back. On longer flights (to Asia, Africa, plus West Coast - London/ Europe, full hot breakfast in Y).
It is what it is, but curious now, what is the cut off for a $1 breakfast vs. a hot breakfast? IAH SCL is 9 hr 20 m. 10 hr?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lamphs
It is what it is, but curious now, what is the cut off for a $1 breakfast vs. a hot breakfast? IAH SCL is 9 hr 20 m. 10 hr?
TMK, no service to South America has a hot breakfast in Y.

SFO/LAX - Europe do as well as all flights to Asia, Australia, Africa.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:02 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Are you sure? I had a hot breakfast sandwich on my IAD-LHR and IAD-CDG segments in January and February.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

TMK, no service to South America has a hot breakfast in Y.

SFO/LAX - Europe do as well as all flights to Asia, Australia, Africa.
Originally Posted by CLT
Are you sure? I had a hot breakfast sandwich on my IAD-LHR and IAD-CDG segments in January and February.
All USA-EUR flights have hot breakfast sandwich eastbound and hot pocket-type snack westbound for arrival.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLT
Originally Posted by fumje
All USA-EUR flights have hot breakfast sandwich eastbound and hot pocket-type snack westbound for arrival.
What I meant is that only SFO/LAX to Europe have the full breakfast (entree choice with a side of fruit, and muffin or croissant). As you both mention, other European routes have a small hot sandwich.

Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:04 am

Strange that other way (Europe-SFO/LAX) still gets reduced breakfast despite longer flight time. Although I think the reason is to simplify catering at outstations by a bit, so all Y breakfast offerings would be the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.