Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Post in the thread with a comprehensive summary of best E+ seats

This thread is about the 2-class pmUA 767-300. Link to the 3-class pmUA 767-300 thread.
and the newest 763 config discussion is in 767-300 v3 -- Polaris seat

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2020, 11:58 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Thanks WineCountry. I didn't know I could search within a thread as opposed to scan multiple pages. Much appreciated!
Old May 6, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: United 1K
Still old 763?

Hi, anyone know if there are any old config 763 still in operation today that aren’t in storage? Wondering about my Sat flight EWR-SFO, flight 583. Shows old config but strangely no aircraft assigned yet. Thanks
Old May 6, 2021, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
There are no 763s in the old configuration that are actively flying today. I would expect an aircraft assignment tonight (should've been last night but who knows), at which point the Polaris seatmap should be loaded, barring an equipment swap to a 789 or the lone 764 that is flying.
Old May 6, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Non-PE markets are still defaulting to the old configuration. Expect this to change soon.
Old May 6, 2021, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
There are 14 / 17 with 30 seats in J that have been Polaris-ized but the three remaining are not in service.

19 / 21 with 46 seats in J have been retrofitted and the two remaining are currently out of service undergoing retrofit.
Old May 6, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
There are 14 / 17 with 30 seats in J that have been Polaris-ized but the three remaining are not in service.

19 / 21 with 46 seats in J have been retrofitted and the two remaining are currently out of service undergoing retrofit.
Thanks for this, Matthew. I had booked an EWR-MUC flight this summer with the old configuration (2x1x2). I’ll take it that this is just a bug and I’ll get the new Polaris seat.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 8:44 pm

Programs: United 1K
Thanks all, good to know the 763 Polaris is guaranteed since the old config is not in service
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: MP, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dcaflyer979
Thanks all, good to know the 763 Polaris is guaranteed since the old config is not in service
I'm not as knowledgeable as many on this forum, so hopefully someone will chime in if i'm out of the loop, but my understanding is that they brought back some the exCO 767s due to the grounding of some of their 777s, particularly on domestic routes.
Old May 9, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum
I’m booked on DBV-EWR in what appears to be an older 763 brought out of retirement (2-cabin, 6 rows of 1-2-1 J). For this aircraft, will 40-41 A and B be enhanced crew rest seats? 41 A and B are available to select now, weeks in advance, and are marked as standard Y seats. I take that to mean they aren’t the special seats present on some 763s...?
Old May 9, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bobdwb
I'm not as knowledgeable as many on this forum, so hopefully someone will chime in if i'm out of the loop, but my understanding is that they brought back some the exCO 767s due to the grounding of some of their 777s, particularly on domestic routes.
For now these ex-CO 767s are 764s, which are an entirely different fleet type from the 763s and will be coded as such. All 763s currently flying have Polaris.

Originally Posted by mcrw00
I’m booked on DBV-EWR in what appears to be an older 763 brought out of retirement (2-cabin, 6 rows of 1-2-1 J). For this aircraft, will 40-41 A and B be enhanced crew rest seats? 41 A and B are available to select now, weeks in advance, and are marked as standard Y seats. I take that to mean they aren’t the special seats present on some 763s...?
As above, odds are overwhelmingly in your favor that you will be on a 763 with Polaris seats (30 of them, not the high-J 763 with 46 Polaris seats). They just haven't gotten around to updating the default seatmap for 763 flights to the Polaris one. I don't have the answer to your question, but you might find it in the thread about that aircraft: Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat.
Old May 9, 2021, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Bobdwb
Just to clarify, there are no "ex-CO 763s." All the 763s are sUA. Post-merger, some of the sUA aircraft were configured with the Diamond seat. There are only three of those left, and none are currently flying. As already mentioned, UA has pulled one 764 out of storage. That's an sCO aircraft.
Old May 10, 2021, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
All the 763s are sUA. Post-merger, some of the sUA aircraft were configured with the Diamond seat. There are only three of those left, and none are currently flying.
I’m starting to think that one of those three is what I’m going to be on for DBV-EWR. Makes sense given that it’s a 3x/week seasonal route only put into place because of Croatia’s laxer COVID restrictions. I also remember seeing some press about the route that indicates it won’t have “real” Polaris.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m starting to think that one of those three is what I’m going to be on for DBV-EWR. Makes sense given that it’s a 3x/week seasonal route only put into place because of Croatia’s laxer COVID restrictions. I also remember seeing some press about the route that indicates it won’t have “real” Polaris.
They're not going to pull the Diamond seat 763 out of storage just because EWR/DBV will be primarily leisure. If some come out of storage it will be to help overall fleet utilization, and then they might be more often assigned to the DBV route, but they will still circulate through the whole network and will not be used exclusively there. So I agree with dkc192 above that you'll most likely get the reconfigured version.
Old May 10, 2021, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by fumje
They're not going to pull the Diamond seat 763 out of storage just because EWR/DBV will be primarily leisure. If some come out of storage it will be to help overall fleet utilization, and then they might be more often assigned to the DBV route, but they will still circulate through the whole network and will not be used exclusively there. So I agree with dkc192 above that you'll most likely get the reconfigured version.
What would happen to the Premium Plus cabin in that case? It’s not being sold right now given the current config. If the equipment upgrades last minute, are they likely to treat PP seats as Y+?
Old May 10, 2021, 8:59 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
What would happen to the Premium Plus cabin in that case? It’s not being sold right now given the current config. If the equipment upgrades last minute, are they likely to treat PP seats as Y+?
If PremiumPlus is not being sold for the flight but a PremiumPlus aircraft is used, those seats are treated as E+ (including soft services)
mcrw00 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.