Wiki Posts
Search

First cheaper than Econ?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2024, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
First cheaper than Econ?

I am sure this is well known, but I was just pricing some tickets from DEN-CLE for tomorrow (I cant post the screen shots now) and noticed a few options (other than the obvious direct) in which First is substantially cheaper than Econ.... like $1800 vs $2200, on way.... yikes is that a lot, but that is a different story....

must be fun to be on OPM that restricts to Ecom knowing that F is cheaper?

-m
Old May 22, 2024, 8:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
can happen for awards also, First Class UA award seats cheaper than Economy

All about fare class and fare rules / restrictions
United747 and gsalem94122 like this.
Old May 23, 2024, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Don't know what you are looking at.. full Y on DEN-CLE is less than $1,800. Could be end-on-end if there is inventory suppression.
Old May 23, 2024, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Originally Posted by findark
Don't know what you are looking at.. full Y on DEN-CLE is less than $1,800. Could be end-on-end if there is inventory suppression.
I think it was den-ewr-cle.
Old May 23, 2024, 9:37 am

I just modified an international trip (MUC to IAD to RDU) - upgraded to premium economy and got a refund/travel credit
Old May 23, 2024, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Scotttyd
I just modified an international trip (MUC to IAD to RDU) - upgraded to premium economy and got a refund/travel credit
Although in fairness, if you had modified it but stayed in economy (which the website won't let you do - but there's an entire thread here on how to do it!) then you would have almost certainly got an even larger refund/credit.
Old May 23, 2024, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Although in fairness, if you had modified it but stayed in economy (which the website won't let you do - but there's an entire thread here on how to do it!) then you would have almost certainly got an even larger refund/credit.
fair enough, I had previously modified it for a $180 credit, but like you said, the app didn't list the economy- I will have to check that thread out - do you have the link? I did a quick search and didn't see it
Old May 23, 2024, 8:54 pm

Had a flight from Boston a few days ago where a changed my ticket from M to D. Was $10 cheaper in D and agent wouldnt stop lecturing me that she couldnt refund the $10. I kept trying to say Ill take the F ticket and they could keep the $10

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.