Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding pass for UA-AF connection

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2024, 10:12 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by jsloan
On the contrary, it's amazing that one airline can create a valid boarding pass for another airline. We tend to take technological marvels for granted.
It's generally a placeholder BP that looks like the originating airline's BP. If you have one, you should still check with the second airline and ask to "swap" for one on their BP stock, to ensure they know you're there and, if checked luggage, confirm they have your bag. I flew SBH-SXM on Winair, then SXM-EWR on UA on a single UA reservation (return leg back to EWR), with my bags checked through to EWR. UA agent was looking for connections to confirm we were there and to give the okay to load checked luggage. Also, some airports have the GA or someone at the gate (e.g., ZUR) asking security questions and affixing a sticker on the BP, so if you wait to use your original BP when you board, it could cause delays.
jsloan likes this.
Old May 23, 2024, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by jsloan
On the contrary, it's amazing that one airline can create a valid boarding pass for another airline. We tend to take technological marvels for granted.
Well maybe. It was certainly an impressive feat to be able to start doing this 20+ years ago. But not much about airline ticketing technology still running on 60s mainframe impresses me anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.