Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Middle East Unrest, TLV, 12 April - 4 June 2024, resuming 5 June??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
9 May 2024 Jetstream update in English
Clear statement on when flights will be cancelled, but agents can proceed with a formal cancellation.
Clear statement on LHG protection and further details
Update May 9: See updates in red for additional cancels.

We implemented a refund and change fee only travel waiver for customers who want to voluntarily cancel or change travel to/from/through Tel Aviv, IL (TLV).

Airport: Tel Aviv, IL (TLV)
Travel dates: April 12 - the following dates for TLV canceled flights
  • UA84 EWR-TLV through June 5, 2024
  • UA85 TLV-EWR through June 6, 2024
  • UA90 EWR-TLV through June 19, 2024
  • UA91 TLV-EWR through June 20, 2024
  • Note: On the evening of May 10, we will run a schedule to cancel the flights and remove them from availability. Until then, even if agencies see the flight in availability, agencies can follow the parameters on this page. When rebooking, do not rebook on the flights that will be canceled.

Change fee waived
Change fee waived (if applicable) and changes are permitted to Basic Economy tickets.
  • Change waiver code: OSI UA 7JCNQ
  • Rescheduled travel must begin within ticket validity of the original ticket-issue date.
  • Subject to applicable fare at time of rebooking (add-collect, if applicable.)

UA TLV cancels and Lufthansa protection: Update May 9
For the following UA TLV canceled flights, customers may be protected on the Lufthansa Group, including Lufthansa (LH), Swiss (LX), Austrian (OS), Brussels (SN):
Rebooking parameters
See the Agency Rebooking Parameters > UA Schedule Change > Additional parameters to protect on LHG-operated flights. Passengers cannot be protected on any other airline.
  • Change waiver code: OSI UA7JCNQ or OSI UASKEDCHG
  • Keep in mind that other airlines may also be canceling flights. Customers should check with the other airline before traveling.

Alternate city permitted: Update May 9
Customers may change TLV departure or arrival to ATH, AMM, or DXB for these UA TLV canceled flights:
Rebooking parameters for alternate city
  • Flights must be both operated and marketed by United. No other airline or codeshare permitted.
  • Rebook in originally ticketed cabin in any booking code on the UA flight within seven days of original ticketed travel date.
  • Customers are responsible for travel between TLV and ATH, AMM, or DXB.
  • Change waiver code: OSI UA 7JCNQor OSI UASKEDCHG

Refund permitted
Travel agents can self-refund unused coupons/tickets by adding the UAIRROPS waiver code to an OSI.
  • Refund waiver code: OSI UA UAIRROPS
Additional parameters to protect on LHG-operated flights
  • For schedule change to original arrival or departure time of 2 hours or more, canceled flight with no protection, misconnection, or market/route changes and suspensions
    • Use UA-operated flights as first option for all protection, especially on long-haul flights.
    • When UA is not available, protect on true LHG (both operated and marketed, no codeshare) including, Lufthansa (LH), Swiss (LX), Austrian (OS), Brussels (SN) and partner carriers operating under LH/LX/OS/SN code including Edelweiss (WK), Eurowings Discover (4Y) and Lufthansa Cityline (CL). Excluded: Flights operated by Eurowings (EW) and Air Dolomiti (EN)
    • Booking class: If original booking class is not available, lowest available in same compartment may be used.
      • LH/OS/SN booking classes G/E/N are Premium Economy booking classes and cannot be used for rebooking economy class passengers. For UA Premium Economy in O/A/R protect as follows: O = G, A = E, R = N.
    • NOTE: When using alternate flights operated by LHG, new flights departure date must be +/- 3 days of original flight date.
older waiver
================================================== ==========================

Print Wikipost

Travel Waiver: Middle East Unrest, TLV, 12 April - 4 June 2024, resuming 5 June??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Just canceled:
UA84 EWR-TLV on Weds
UA85 TLV-EWR on Thurs
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Just canceled:
UA84 EWR-TLV on Thurs and Fri
UA85 TLV-EWR on Fri and Sat.

I'm still in shock that I managed to sneak in my J class saver award booked a year ago into the few week period that UA has operated this route in the past 6 months.

The crew could not have been kinder and more attentive, they were so thrilled to be working on it and thanked everyone personally for flying UA to the holy land. Made sure to email UA to praise the crew right after deboarding.

Plus, the KSMLs in the EWR Polaris Lounge and on the flight to TLV were incredible!
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
UA 84 is CXLD through Monday 4/22...and Zero'd out in all classes (though seats are open) through the end of April. Heard on a FB site that TLV is CXD until May 1. On my flight Wednesday is still showing in the app/ website. Also, my travel waiver in the reservation is not allowing me a refund. Only credit to future flight.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by saccoNY
UA 84 is CXLD through Monday 4/22...and Zero'd out in all classes (though seats are open) through the end of April. Heard on a FB site that TLV is CXD until May 1. On my flight Wednesday is still showing in the app/ website. Also, my travel waiver in the reservation is not allowing me a refund. Only credit to future flight.
Need to call for this waiver.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Need to call for this waiver.
and is UA really cancelling TLV service until May 1? its not official but sure feels that way by the ZERO inventory on all flights.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
Late to this thread. Does UA give an option to rebook on partner carriers?
Old Apr 21, 2024, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
When they cancel? Yes.
Old May 3, 2024, 7:12 am

Tel-Aviv Flights

I am scheduled to fly DCA-EWR-TLV in May. UA has suspended service to TLV until May 10. My outbound flight is after May 10 but the suspension could certainly be extended, If that happens, how flexible is UA likely to be in allowing me to switch to different flights? For example, would they switch me to any *A flights I want? Or only certain carriers or fare buckets? (I assume they would not be willing to switch me outside of *A?)

How is this determined? If it matters, I am booked in economy (E+) seating, and my status is Gold.
Old May 3, 2024, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
They're going to prefer JV carriers on a sensible routing. Might be able to switch to IAD as a departure point depending on the waiver and agent.
Old May 3, 2024, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by mduell
They're going to prefer JV carriers on a sensible routing. Might be able to switch to IAD as a departure point depending on the waiver and agent.
That makes sense. I would be really surprised if they did not allow an IAD departure. It would open up more one-stop options. And my experience, flying out of WAS for many years, is that in IRROPs situations the airlines have usually been willing to treat DCA, IAD and BWI interchangeably, if asked to do so.
Old May 3, 2024, 12:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
There were some reports last time, some carriers would not accept UA rebookings.
Old May 3, 2024, 12:16 pm

Currently, UA is allowing free rebooking:
-On UA metal to/from TLV within 7 days (supervisors can extend through EOS)
-On UA metal to/from ATH or DXB, with pax responsible for ATH/DXB-TLV on a seperate ticket.
-On LH Group metal
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 3, 2024, 1:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Jetstream waiver details, appears to have expired 1 May 2024
If UA cancels more flights, suspect there will be a further waiver
Update April 18: See Alternate city permitted

We implemented a refund and change fee only travel waiver for customers who want to voluntarily cancel or change travel to/from/through Tel Aviv, IL (TLV).

Airport: Tel Aviv, IL (TLV)

Travel dates: April 12 - May 1, 2024

Applies to tickets issued by: April 11, 2024

Change fee waived
Change fee waived (if applicable) and changes are permitted to Basic Economy tickets.
  • Rescheduled travel must begin within ticket validity of the original ticket-issue date.
  • Subject to applicable fare at time of rebooking (add-collect, if applicable.)

Alternate city permitted
Customers may change TLV departure or arrival to ATH for travel through May 1, 2024.
  • Flights must be both operated and marketed by United.
  • Rebook in originally ticketed cabin in any booking code on the UA flight.
  • Customers are responsible for travel between ATH and TLV.

Refund permitted
Travel agents can self-refund unused coupons/tickets by adding the UAIRROPS waiver code to an OSI.
  • Refund waiver code: OSI UA UAIRROPS
Flights that are already canceled or delayed fall under the irregular operations policy. See Agency Rebooking Parameters.
Old May 3, 2024, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Jetstream waiver details, appears to have expired 1 May 2024
If UA cancels more flights, suspect there will be a further waiver
Waiver in Hebrew:

Old May 7, 2024, 3:19 pm

Any guess when UA might announce whether it is actually resuming TLV flights on May 10th?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.