Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Do I really have a Eurowings reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do I really have a Eurowings reservation?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thank you so much for this post! I ran into the exact same problem, and this post saves me tons of headache and time. A few more notes:
1. Using the Eurowings app is the key. The third PNR the app shows will probably be the one to use for self check-in. The app might be the only self-serving way to map the non-working EW PNR from UA to the working EW PNR to be used for the trip.
2. I did not have to contact EW. I found this post a hour after the booking, downloaded the app, and got the third PNR immediately.
3. With the third PNR, I could also find the booking on EW's website without logging in. Click "My Trip" -> "Edit booking", under "With booking code:", use the third PNR and surname. If I log in first, I have to find the "Open Booking with Booking Code" section. The URL appears to be the same for both approaches: www [dot] eurowings [dot] com/en/my-trip/openitinerary.html.
4. I couldn't figure out a way to add the booking into my EW account still. I think EW cannot link the ticket to an EW account, perhaps because it is an award ticket from UA.

Anyway, I'll save the third PNR in a safe place and use it when the trip starts.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:46 am

Thanks Douglas! I also ran into the same issue. I put in the EW PNR from UA (not the UA PNR but the so called EW PNR) in the Eurowings app and that showed me an entirely different PNR but with that 3rd PNR I was able to choose a seat, etc. I was thrown off by the "6 digit booking code" wording thinking they might mean numeric but they actually mean 6 alphanumeric booking code.

What I'm curious about now is why my booking allows only a small personal item and no carry-on or checked bag. It's for BER-BEY (Berlin-Beirut) so I'd have expected some of that with an award booking (shows as Flex Standard in app) even if they are a budget airline. I've got a UA flight on a separate PNR for EWR-BER and I'm wondering if I can ask at EWR check-in if they can have the luggage continue through to BEY. I don't want to go through Schengen immigration just to get my bag and re-check it (though I should have time) but the cash price was thousands more so I broke it up.

========

Actually never mind on the bag thing. Well, kind of. After choosing a seat for free and confirming that, I refreshed the booking in the app and now it shows 1 carry-on and 1 checked bag all of a sudden. But I am still am curious if I can possibly get the bag to continue from BER-BEY without me retrieving it as they are both Star Alliance (and both booked through united.com) even though different bookings.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 3, 2024 at 5:47 pm Reason: merged consecutive / update post by same member
Old May 11, 2024, 1:05 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
related question

Hi there,

I have somehow related question to this topic.
About to book an award UA EW itinerary, but, not sure if I get the seat selection included on EW on this kind of ticket? For LH it works, meaning it is not a light economy ticket.

What about EW?

Thank you

Last edited by flymexico2010; May 11, 2024 at 1:21 pm Reason: mispeled
Old May 11, 2024, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Hi there,

I have somehow related question to this topic.
About to book an award UA EW itinerary, but, not sure if I get the seat selection included on EW on this kind of ticket? For LH it works, meaning it is not a light economy ticket.

What about EW?

Thank you
In J for sure. In Y, I don't believe so
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

My MP EW booking registered as a SMART fare, which allowed seat selection in economy.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos
My MP EW booking registered as a SMART fare, which allowed seat selection in economy.
Same for me.
Old May 12, 2024, 8:03 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos
THANK YOU for sharing your experience.This is pretty valuable,nowadays that more and more routes are shifted to EW where before LH was operating them...difficult to avoid them ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.