Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Do I really have a Eurowings reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:22 am
Original Poster

I booked a Eurowings intra-Europe flight as a UA award last week (6 days ago). I immediately received an eTicket and confirmation from UA, as well as a Eurowings PNR separate from the UA PNR. The reservation shows as "ticketed" on United.com.

However, if I enter the Eurowings PNR on Eurowings.com, I get the error "No booking could be found in the system that matches your input data."

If I enter that PNR on lh.com, I get the error "Your booking can only be serviced if the flight tickets are issued and the payment is confirmed. Please contact your original booking office or your Service Center for more information." This is a different error from the one displayed if you enter a random PNR ("Unfortunately, your booking cannot be displayed.")

So I'm thinking there could be a problem with the reservation. If I'm right, what's my best contact at UA? And will I be able to convince them there's a problem, if everything looks ok on the UA end?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:11 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Try entering the 016..... e-ticket number in the EuroWings site or call them.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Try entering the 016..... e-ticket number in the EuroWings site or call them.
The Eurowings site only lets you enter a 6-digit PNR, as far as I can tell.

Are you suggesting calling UA, or calling Eurowings?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos
calling Eurowings?
yes, the UA e-ticket is all they need and they are best to tell you the status.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

OK. Eurowings only seems to have a German call center, so I will try their web contact form first.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:53 pm

Skype? Google Voice? but web contact form should work

There is no chat option
Old Feb 12, 2024, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Try PNR on Lufthansa.com
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
I had an issue last year where United said I had a ticket with a connection on a partner but the partner said that I didn’t have a corresponding flight coupon on their flight. It took a bit of back and forth with United and the partner airline to get the issue resolved. You may want to ask United to verify the status of each of the flight coupons involved with the ticket.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
Try PNR on Lufthansa.com
As stated in the OP, entering the PNR on Lufthansa.com returns the error ""Your booking can only be serviced if the flight tickets are issued and the payment is confirmed. Please contact your original booking office or your Service Center for more information."

I received a form reply back from Eurowings, stating "After a thorough check, we were unable to find an active booking with your details.So that we can deepen our efforts, we would like to ask you for further information.Please provide us with the flight date, route, flight number and full passenger names.", notwithstanding that I had entered the PNR and provided all of that information in a file attached to the web contact form.

The form reply also said to contact the other airline if the booking was made through another airline. I am afraid that UA will tell me I need to contact Eurowings, and Eurowings will tell me I need to contact UA. But I'll try to call UA.
scottpenderson likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
As stated in the OP, entering the PNR on Lufthansa.com returns the error ""Your booking can only be serviced if the flight tickets are issued and the payment is confirmed. Please contact your original booking office or your Service Center for more information."

I received a form reply back from Eurowings, stating "After a thorough check, we were unable to find an active booking with your details.So that we can deepen our efforts, we would like to ask you for further information.Please provide us with the flight date, route, flight number and full passenger names.", notwithstanding that I had entered the PNR and provided all of that information in a file attached to the web contact form.

The form reply also said to contact the other airline if the booking was made through another airline. I am afraid that UA will tell me I need to contact Eurowings, and Eurowings will tell me I need to contact UA. But I'll try to call UA.
Is the status of the Eurowings flight coupon HK when you call United?
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sannmann
Is the status of the Eurowings flight coupon HK when you call United?
Thank you, I'll try to find out when I call United. I'm not familiar with flight coupon status codes though - what does HK signify?
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
HK = Holding confirmed
HL = Have listed
​​​​​​
Status is indicated for each segment
Old Feb 14, 2024, 6:24 am

Programs: UA Gold, FB, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flew in November with my wife on United tickets with Eurowings segments (1 paid ticket, 1 award). When we booked the ticket in April, it actually showed two different Eurowings booking codes (on each ticket), next to the United booking code (did not copy those numbers for my ticket, I did for my wife).Later one of the two Eurowings numbers disappeared (was the case for both tickets) and the remaining number did not work. First flight of the tickets was on Eurowings, so I could not check in online, as I only had the non working confirmation number, while my wife could check in. Checking in at the airport was no problem.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I have had that problem before, but it ultimately went away. EW bookings tend to only display on lufthansa.com This happened to me a year ago, but it resolved I think 48 hours later. Sounds like that is not the case for you.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Well, here's how it resolved. After the initial Eurowings form email stating they could not find my booking "after a thorough check", I wrote back and attached my confirmation and receipt from UA.

I received a reply that stated only "We confirm that the reservation number [EW PNR from UA] is confirmed and you will fly on [dates]."

But the PNR still brought up nothing on Eurowings.com or lh.com. So I installed the Eurowings app on my phone, and tried entering the EW PNR I received from UA. The app then displayed my booking with a third PNR that I had never seen before. That third PNR is not recognized on lh.com, and is not recognized on the Eurowings.com "My Bookings" tab. It can only be recognized on a Eurowings.com page reached from the "My bookings" page (helpfully also titled "My bookings"), which has a separate section for "Open Booking with Booking Code." (The EW PNR I got from UA is not recognized on this page, only the PNR that appeared in the Eurowings app.)

I don't know if my inquiry to EW was necessary to create the third PNR, but I guess the moral of the story is to try the Eurowings app when all else fails. And that UA IT looks great by comparison.
douglascm and sexykitten7 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.