Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Snack Rules in Economy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post # 2)
My simple wish is FA paying attention. I should not have to say three times for a can of seltzer, and asking for no ice does not compute to a cup full of ice.
Many passengers, when receiving a cup full of ice they expressly refused, simply dump the ice under the seat in front of them.

This does not work when the flight attendant has poured a beverage into the cup.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 6:23 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Pi7473000
That is true. They should just make an announcement or put a sign on the cart if it annoys them that much that someone asks for two snacks. I never would have asked if I knew she would scold me for doing so. She also could have just said no before she gave me two snacks. On Delta I have had FAs in coach make up a nice snack basket and offer people more snacks when they leave the bathroom. It was a very nice touch. Never have seen that on United. It was just so funny as my next flight after the one I was scolded for asking for two the FA ask the whole row if everyone wanted two snacks. It is very hard to know what to expect as a passenger on United.
UA A321neos have a snack station next to the rear galley/lavatories.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:20 pm

In the main cabin, United caters about one snack per seat. In first class, there usually isn't even one per person. You're welcome to come back to the galley and take a dozen of whatever is left over after everyone has been served, but the reality is if several people take two items on the first round, the last couple of rows may get nothing (or if you're on my flight, you get offered a free snack box or pringles once I run out of savory snack mix/fruit bars/quinoa crisps. United is cheap.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
For thirty-five years this has been my strategy -- even in F -- I always just say if there are any left over after you get done with the service I'd love one more / one of those... This strategy provided me with so many Bischoff's over the years....
I say pretty much the same thing when it comes to my choice of meals. I really don’t care what it is, so long as it’s pescatarian. I am fine with pasta or fish. When I tell the FA that either is fine (before they ask for my second choice), there is usually a look of relief on their faces. I will usually add that they can put me at the end of priority the list, so long as it’s not meat.
bmwe92fan likes this.

Last edited by zrs70; Feb 5, 2024 at 3:49 pm
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I always ask for one of each in Y (savory mix/chocolate quinoa thing) and I would say 79% of the time get both. 20% of the time get told I can only have one but they will bring me the other one when they get done with the service (0% of the time this actually occurs, although on exactly one occasion the refuser did then give me the second item when he saw my status). 1% of the time there are actually 3 options (the fruit bar) and the FA proactively gives me all 3 I've never seen them actually run out, seems like you can usually go back to the galley after the service and get another one if you think it's worth the walk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.