Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Million Miler companion benefit {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2024, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Million Miler companion benefit

To register a companion www.united.com/MMcompanion or https://promo.united.com/offers/mmcomp

First companion choice selection becomes effective immediately. Changing companion must be done before end of November and takes effect in the first week of January. You can have only 1 designated MM companion. If you don't make a change, the previously selected companion will remain in place.
While rules suggests the companion has to reside at the same address as elite, in practice, neither same address or same last name is needed (UA may be tighten this up starting in late 2022)
The companion has all the same privileges / status as the MM elite but will not receive PlusPoints (before 2020 RPUs or GPUs) based on the companion status.

Companion eligibility:
  1. A companion is defined as a spouse, significant other or individual who resides at same home address, based on MileagePlus profile information.
  2. Your companion must be an enrolled member of the MileagePlus program under his or her own name and may not already be the companion of another Million Miler.
  3. The companion benefit is awarded on an annual basis and is nontransferable.
  4. Your companion will receive his or her own individual Premier credentials and does not need to travel with you to enjoy the benefits of the Premier level awarded.
  5. Your designated companion will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise by November 30 of the current year.
  6. You may change the companion on your account; however the change will not be in effect until January 1 of the following year. All change requests must be made by November 30 (for changes to existing companion nominations) or December 30 (for first-time nominations) to be effective for the following year. MileagePlus will not be able to accept changes to existing companion nominations during the month of December.
See UA Million Miler program web page for more

Relevant thread: UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Print Wikipost

Million Miler companion benefit {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by twkidM3
If Person A get's 4 Million and reach Global Service. Can she nominate Person B to receive Global Status.
Y

Then Person B who is holding Global nominate Person C to receive his 1k Benefit?
Y

Will person C receive 1k or Global from Person B if they are Global nominated?

However to get the most out of the companion benefit if A&B travel often together I suggest A nominates C and B to nominate 'D'.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: CO Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Companion Elite status

When will mystatus.united.com indicate that my MM sponsor has re-nominated me for elite status?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by CoSmo001
When will mystatus.united.com indicate that my MM sponsor has re-nominated me for elite status?
I don't recall seeing that information displayed on the mystatus page. When enrollment is open you can g to this page:

https://www.united.com/mmcompanion

and it will tell you who your companion is. Currently one can not make changes so instead, this message is displayed:

We’re sorry. The enrollment period for 2017 companion changes has ended.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Dec 14, 2016 at 7:23 am
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:18 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CoSmo001
Renomination is the default. Unless the MMer has picked a different companion, the previous companion match continues.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ermintrude
Y

Y

However to get the most out of the companion benefit if A&B travel often together I suggest A nominates C and B to nominate 'D'.
So if A&B travel together, A should buy tickets for Person B under the same itinerary?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So if A&B travel together, A should buy tickets for Person B under the same itinerary?
Yes
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by ermintrude
Y

Y

If you don't already have a "D" in mind, I'll volunteer.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Changed my MM status to a new companion (did this before the 11/30 cutoff).
Her first flight of next year will be 1/1/17. Anyway to permit her to select an E+ seat (based on the new status) before 1/1?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Originally Posted by mauiUAflyer
Her first flight of next year will be 1/1/17. Anyway to permit her to select an E+ seat (based on the new status) before 1/1?
I would suggest to call United. An agent should be able to book him/her to E+. Good luck.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Might work but my guess is no unless you are also traveling. The agent will have no visibility into the nomination and would have to take your word for it -- some might, suspect mostly will not.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I'm traveling on the out-bound, but on a separate PNR. Will try to call; can't hurt.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:31 pm

I'm traveling on the out-bound, but on a separate PNR. Will try to call; can't hurt.
Any flight you are on you can guest others off-pnr to join you in E+. And that can be done at any time. 1 companion for Silver and Gold; up to 8 for Plat and higher.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does the companion get a separate kit mailed to them or is just included in the kit to the primary 1mm?

Thx
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:41 pm

Separate kit in our case. Kit is literature and the card, I don't recall anything else (like luggage tags or drink chits) but we're only Gold
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Counsellor
Separate kit in our case. Kit is literature and the card, I don't recall anything else (like luggage tags or drink chits) but we're only Gold
Hmm, Thx. Good to hear as we might have different addresses to send to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.