Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:21 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by sardonic
Same, just came back from SFO -> MEL -> LAX and had the first actually decent catering in Polaris I can remember. Flatiron steak with an au poive type sauce on the way there was something I would actually eat on the ground, and the eggs weren't bad on the outbound leg. Missed out on the CSJ Cepages though. BBQ chicken was decent for airplane food but the portion was small on the way back. Argylle Pinot was pretty good! Spinach feta frittata was the best Polaris airplane breakfast I've had. Cheese plate snack was actually really good too.

It's still far from ANA or anything I'd actually look forward to, but if they can keep it up it will stop being something I dread.
I ordered the seared flatiron steak for my lunch on UA934 EWR-LHR later this week. (I like taking this flight during the few weeks after US transitions to DST, but before UK does: lunch instead of breakfast.)
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Just got off of UA944(28), ORD-FRA

The Food:

The Nuts: Warmed, but a bot soft. Similar to my prior recent experience in domestic F.
The Duck: Excellent, however the apple slice was mushy and inedible. It should have just been left off in that condition.
The Salad: Just OK. (I'm not a fancy salad person)
The Pork: Tasty. Proper tenderness. Could have been a little warmer, but the cooler temp might have saved the texture.
The Carrots and Potatoes: Good
The bread - Not warmed.
The Sundae - what's not to love about it.

The Service:

Very polite and helpful crew. Unfortunately only 2 drink rounds throughout the entire flight (1 before dinner, 1 before breakfast), however they took requests graciously. They were visible throughout the whole flight and made many walk throughs.
VRFast likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:31 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
UA 61, MEL-SFO
B777-300
March 2024

I don't expect much from Polaris catering but was hoping for a little bit better considering it was an ex-Australia departure and recent reviews have been good on these flights. PSA - don't get the Barramundi fish entree. That was the single worst in-flight meal I've ever had in a premium cabin. Extremely fishy, overcooked to mush, with a dried-out mini prawn on top. Chose the coronation salmon appetizer which was just a pile of mush and oddly sweet, I just returned the entire tray. Dessert was a mixed bag - cheese plate was really good but the sundae as usual was just cheap ice cream with tasteless toppings. AA spoils when it comes to sundae quality.

Mid-flight toastie and soup were delicious - the person behind me ordered this as their main meal and I think I would consider doing the same. Breakfast was an odd-looking deconstructed avocado toast but it tasted fine. Would have liked to see a yoghurt on the side. Service was a mixed bag, FA on the other side was very friendly while the one in our aisle would groan at most requests.

Sorry to this Barramundi

Solid Australian cheeses

Sundae

Melted cheese toastie and tomato soup

Deconstructed avocado toast with egg, fruit bowl, real croissant
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by zeer0
...MEL-SFO.....PSA - don't get the Barramundi fish entree. That was the single worst in-flight meal I've ever had in a premium cabin. Extremely fishy, overcooked to mush,....
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
I also flew Polaris MEL-SFO two weeks ago and was impressed with the freshness and deliciousness of the food. Decent service too! Had the barramundi....

(some bolding mine)

Same route, only a few weeks apart.
Thanks United for making a meal choice impossible.
AndyPatterson and zeer0 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:12 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Sorry your ex-OZ experience was so bad. That Barramundi plate looks horrible. Even the broccoli looks wilted and over cooked. I assume that's the appetizer in the background. What was it?
zeer0 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by phkc070408
Sorry your ex-OZ experience was so bad. That Barramundi plate looks horrible. Even the broccoli looks wilted and over cooked. I assume that's the appetizer in the background. What was it?
From his post:
Chose the coronation salmon appetizer which was just a pile of mush and oddly sweet, I just returned the entire tray.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by narvik
(some bolding mine)

Same route, only a few weeks apart.
Thanks United for making a meal choice impossible.
The breakfast also seems to be a casualty of KirbyKuts. No yogurt? And the Avocado Toast looks more like someone dropped it on the floor and scooped it back up versus being “deconstructed”

Were the snack carts equally deplorable?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Got email to preorder for my SFO-FRA flight next week.

1) Cajun Shrimp is out of stock. I can request on board but no guarantees.

2) Stir fried vegetables with udon noodles and Thai style coconut ginger cream sauce

3) Pork cutlet with bell pepper onion sauce, butter and parsley shells, butter broccolini and grilled lemon

4) BBQ chicken breast with sweet potato puree, braised collard greens and BBQ sauce

Hmm, never saw a preorder be already out of stock Is #1 that much in demand?

I haven't seen the other choices in this thread except maybe #4?

Do I need to load up at the Polaris Lounge?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:31 pm

Preorder choices for April going to LHR:

Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by frappant
Got email to preorder for my SFO-FRA flight next week.

1) Cajun Shrimp is out of stock. I can request on board but no guarantees.

2) Stir fried vegetables with udon noodles and Thai style coconut ginger cream sauce

3) Pork cutlet with bell pepper onion sauce, butter and parsley shells, butter broccolini and grilled lemon

4) BBQ chicken breast with sweet potato puree, braised collard greens and BBQ sauce

Hmm, never saw a preorder be already out of stock Is #1 that much in demand?

I haven't seen the other choices in this thread except maybe #4?

Do I need to load up at the Polaris Lounge?
check everyday… out of stock comes in and out…
and they load some extras.

(but I’ve only experienced one preorderable flight so far so)
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by DiminishedSeventh
Preorder choices for April going to LHR:

Can hear myself screaming already... lord I'm going to starve on this highly underachieving airline!
Dyce likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by fly747first
Can hear myself screaming already... lord I'm going to starve on this highly underachieving airline!
pretty sure the Asian short rib was offered to me as a domestic option on a F flight from SFO-HNL will attach a pic below. It was okay but the sauce was sickly sweet and also the beef a little dry. Disappointing as I do feel as united Polaris catering has improved the past few years thought it has gone from terrible to mediocre. Hopefully the best is still to come!
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by myperks

the pork cutlet is pretty mediocre wouldnot recommend. Honestly the shrimp sounds the best
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by myperks

the pork cutlet is pretty mediocre wouldnot recommend. Honestly the shrimp sounds the best

Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:03 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fly747first
Definitely an eat at the PL before the flight menu...if you can get there early enough..
fly747first likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.