FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2024 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:31 am
zeer0

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
UA 61, MEL-SFO
B777-300
March 2024

I don't expect much from Polaris catering but was hoping for a little bit better considering it was an ex-Australia departure and recent reviews have been good on these flights. PSA - don't get the Barramundi fish entree. That was the single worst in-flight meal I've ever had in a premium cabin. Extremely fishy, overcooked to mush, with a dried-out mini prawn on top. Chose the coronation salmon appetizer which was just a pile of mush and oddly sweet, I just returned the entire tray. Dessert was a mixed bag - cheese plate was really good but the sundae as usual was just cheap ice cream with tasteless toppings. AA spoils when it comes to sundae quality.

Mid-flight toastie and soup were delicious - the person behind me ordered this as their main meal and I think I would consider doing the same. Breakfast was an odd-looking deconstructed avocado toast but it tasted fine. Would have liked to see a yoghurt on the side. Service was a mixed bag, FA on the other side was very friendly while the one in our aisle would groan at most requests.

Sorry to this Barramundi

Solid Australian cheeses

Sundae

Melted cheese toastie and tomato soup

Deconstructed avocado toast with egg, fruit bowl, real croissant