Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2024, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by profpeabody
Soooo...how was the Peruvian chicken?
I've seen it offered for preorder for the past several months, but I have yet to actually see it in person. It's always swapped for the other chicken dish. I'm not convinced the Peruvian chicken exists.
Old May 21, 2024, 7:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
It does exist....

Just ask MatthewLAX
https://liveandletsfly.com/united-73...-class-review/
Old May 21, 2024, 7:35 pm

Programs: United 4MM GS, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I've seen it offered for preorder for the past several months, but I have yet to actually see it in person. It's always swapped for the other chicken dish. I'm not convinced the Peruvian chicken exists.
it does exist. i've had it a couple times. and it's good
Old May 21, 2024, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by profpeabody
Soooo...how was the Peruvian chicken?
Originally Posted by HadesNL
It does exist....

Just ask MatthewLAX
https://liveandletsfly.com/united-73...-class-review/
Originally Posted by LifetimeGS
it does exist. i've had it a couple times. and it's good
Agreed, it's good.
Old May 21, 2024, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...l#post35805305 (Post # 1334) (December 2023)

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post # 105) (January 2024)
What some deride as stale nuts, others savor as aged nuts.

They go great with a delicious Dole™ Fruit Cup®.
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy (Post # 138) (January 2024)
EGE-IAH
Boeing 737-700
Lunch

I went with the enchiladas. They were served with a Dole fruit cup in a plastic container, a warm roll, and a pie in the sky for dessert.
When I made my January post, it had actually been a very long time since I enjoyed a Dole™ Fruit Cup® on a United Airlines (UA) flight.

The last two reported sightings have been four and almost six months ago.

Have you seen one lately? Does anyone know what happened to them? Perhaps they have been reduced to only select flights as a UA cost-cutting measure?

Last edited by SPN Lifer; May 28, 2024 at 5:52 am
Old May 22, 2024, 5:00 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by mahzor
they look just like the bacon bits that come in the big bag from sam's club
They had the exact same texture and flavor. Also, I thought Blue Cheese dressing would have been more appropriate than what was given, but I admit not everyone likes Blue Cheese dressing.
SPN Lifer and mahzor like this.
Old May 23, 2024, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Platinum, BA Gold
UA715 IAH-ORD May 22 - 5.40pm departure

Tried the breaded eggplant pesto for the first time. Was actually pretty good and filling, despite it looking like slop and not like the photo whatsoever. However, I find that par for the course on UA. DL at least can get the presentstion right and the taste is usually pretty good. UA never gets the presentstion right and is hit or miss with the taste.

dw and SPN Lifer like this.
Old May 27, 2024, 10:55 am

Anyone got the June pre-order options?
Old May 27, 2024, 7:11 pm

EWR-DEN June 1

Really disappointed that I’m not given the option to pre-order my meal for my June 1 flight from EWR-DEN. Anyone know why? Usually leaving EWR or DEN I’m given the option. Surprised to see today there’s no option to preorder.
Old May 27, 2024, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Birdsofafeather
Really disappointed that I’m not given the option to pre-order my meal for my June 1 flight from EWR-DEN. Anyone know why? Usually leaving EWR or DEN I’m given the option. Surprised to see today there’s no option to preorder.
Are you sure you aren't too early?
Old May 27, 2024, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by angetenar
Are you sure you aren't too early?
I’m at 4 days 17 hours. it usually opens up 5 day before departure. Kinda strange.
Old May 27, 2024, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Birdsofafeather
I’m at 4 days 17 hours. it usually opens up 5 day before departure. Kinda strange.
I think they're a little slow around the change of the month. Try again tomorrow or next day.
Birdsofafeather likes this.
Old May 27, 2024, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
I had the Peruvian chicken last night. There couldn’t have been more than 2 oz of chicken hidden in the sauce, if that much. Just a few small bites, with lots of sauce. My seatmate had the chicken piazzola, which wasn’t very big, but easily provided at least 3 times the amount of meat. I had to finish off my little bowl of nuts just to get some protein.
The sauce was spicier than I expected. Never again.
Old May 27, 2024, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Retiredlife
I had the Peruvian chicken last night. There couldn’t have been more than 2 oz of chicken hidden in the sauce, if that much. Just a few small bites, with lots of sauce. My seatmate had the chicken piazzola, which wasn’t very big, but easily provided at least 3 times the amount of meat. I had to finish off my little bowl of nuts just to get some protein.
The sauce was spicier than I expected. Never again.
It varies. I’ve had the Peruvian chicken with ~2oz of meat like you, but also with a generous portion at least 3x that.
Old May 27, 2024, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold

I have to agree that the portion is rather small. But the dish is supposed to be moderately spicy. The main ingredient of the classic Peruvian green sauce -- aji verde -- is jalapeño
dw, SPN Lifer and dmurphynj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.