Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jun 11, 2024, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by KabAir
DEN-EWR
UA 1677

I got a picture this time. Had the brisket again because Iíve liked it so much. This was interesting - it was less smoky than the one catered from EWR, but the spinach was way more flavorful. So it seems thereís some variation by station. That said, it was still very good and Iíd still highly recommend it. First time Iíve had the blueberry cheesecake, and I really liked it.
This has been true for many decades
Old Jun 11, 2024, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Anyone have the banana bread pudding for breakfast? I've got it coming up on Sunday, but would like to hear other's take on it.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Anyone have the banana bread pudding for breakfast? I've got it coming up on Sunday, but would like to hear other's take on it.

It's a bread pudding, so it's somewhat like baked bread drenched in a sauce. But the texture is good and does not feel one bit soggy at all. There is some consistency and chewiness to the bread which I like. The pudding has a strong banana flavor, and the sauce is a bit sugary -- at least to me. It's a great dish, I just think it is a tad too sweet for my palate, but most people will like it.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 8:38 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Ambassador
I generally love bread pudding (as a dessert). It comes with a little dried out custard and raisins, but overall seems pretty dry. The custard tasted overly eggy, and, like I said, was totally dried out and hardened on to the plate, so it couldn't be used to dunk the bread pudding into. There was no other syrup or whipped cream to go with it. The pudding itself is likely fine if you like strong banana, it did have nice hunks of bread and was fairly moist (the style I like), but, very banana flavored. Besides the banana, very mild spicing. For breakfast, overall kinda sweet and didn't do well with the reheating, but I think it would make an excellent dessert alongside ice cream from the sundae cart.
SPN Lifer and GourmetFlyer like this.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 11:15 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by GourmetFlyer
It's a bread pudding, so it's somewhat like baked bread drenched in a sauce. But the texture is good and does not feel one bit soggy at all. There is some consistency and chewiness to the bread which I like. The pudding has a strong banana flavor, and the sauce is a bit sugary -- at least to me. It's a great dish, I just think it is a tad too sweet for my palate, but most people will like it.
Had this last week as well. I liked it. As mentioned, itís sweet and thatís not everyoneís goal for a breakfast. However, the sweetness can be partially controlled by the amount of sauce eaten with each bite.

SPN Lifer and GourmetFlyer like this.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 10:45 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver, Southwest A-List, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Gold, Starbucks Gold :)
DEN-SJC. A319.

Friday morning departure, got upgraded as a Silver. Looking at the upgrade list, 11 people got upgraded on a 12-seat A319!

Super friendly purser. Pre-departure drink choice of water or OJ. Breakfast choices were Belgium Waffle with berries or a ďbaked bread pudding sausage thingĒ. Purser made multiple attempts describing with caused much laughter throughout the cabin, but few takers. I took a chance on it as I was in a mood for something savory. The concoction is similar to a bread pudding made of Thanksgiving stuffing with cheese and sausage and sat in a pool of gravy. It was very dense. I ended up just picking out the meat and had the croissant as my carb intake instead. This sausage thing is not something I would ever expect to see on a menu at any eating establishment - and I would not order it again. But, the price was right!

Sausage Bread Pudding with Gravy

Inside the sausage bread pudding
SPN Lifer, choch345 and findark like this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
I had bread pudding for breakfast flying in Polaris ORD-MUC and enjoyed it.

I don't know if it was the same as the domestic entree, but if is the same, it was good.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by cmhua777
Had it yesterday. Oddly, it came with a cold plate of chicken (not sure if thatís standard). Was an average meal on UA. Pasta is ok. ďBeefĒ is blah. This set of meals is really lacking.
I also got the chicken on IAD-SFO a couple days ago, so probably is standard. Chicken is mentioned in the meal description, but not sure why it's on the side unless the chorizo is actually plant-based and leaving the chicken out makes the dish vegetarian like the earlier noodle salade
Old Jun 15, 2024, 9:03 am

I really canít decide on which one. The banana bread is new but the old standby for me of the southwest tortilla scramble hasnít let me down yet. Whatís everyoneís thoughts?
Old Jun 15, 2024, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cubs105
I really canít decide on which one. The banana bread is new but the old standby for me of the southwest tortilla scramble hasnít let me down yet. Whatís everyoneís thoughts?
Try something new it's not like it's your last meal
SPN Lifer, seanp7 and airkapper like this.
Old Jun 15, 2024, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
SEA-EWR, F, A319

Quinoa Salad - this was excellent ! More of this ! The extra virgin olive oil was especially tasty when mixed in with the salad.

st530 and frutabell like this.
Old Jun 15, 2024, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by seanp7
SEA-EWR, F, A319

Quinoa Salad - this was excellent ! More of this ! The extra virgin olive oil was especially tasty when mixed in with the salad.

This is what airlines need to do more of, kiss (keep it simple), This could also be a vegan meal too (minus the protein)
seanp7 and frutabell like this.
Old Jun 15, 2024, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
DEN-SJC this week, upgraded at the gate (nice jump from 7th with 1 empty seat to 3rd with 6 empty seats), so no pre-ordered meal. The options presented were "plain pasta, chicken breast with vegetables, quinoa salad, and beef brisket." I asked to be surprised as I had snacked at the UC and Centurion Lounges so wasn't particularly fussed.
  • Nuts - warm and fresh, a touch more salt would have been nice, but they hit the spot.
  • Salad - wilted, mushy tomatoes, cucumber just about edible. One of the poorest instantiations I've seen in a while (it's been very fresh of late)
  • Bread - didn't even try it
  • Chicken & Veggies - the broccoli was remarkably good, I could have eaten a whole dish of it and nothing else; the potatoes were pretty well flavoured albeit a touch undercooked; the chicken was passable but on the dry side without the sauce. Altogether a better meal than I expected.
  • Blueberry Cheesecake - Did its job well - solid run of the mill cheesecake (i mean that in a good way actually).

I have the quinoa salad and the fruit and cheese plate ordered for next week's flights. Haven't had either before, so looking forward to the experiments.

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2024, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
I'm not sure this belongs here, it was SFO-EWR, but not exactly Premium Transcon. Feel free to move it.
SFO-EWR, Saturday mid-day. Switched from 752 to 753 at T-72 thus enabling my plus points upgrade.
  • Recliner seats of course, but a full set of Polaris bedding was waiting at the seat
  • No AV at all in first on a refreshed 753, but they gave us all headphones, not sure for what
  • "Water or Champagne" PDB
  • Preorder worked, otherwise front to back order taking before pushback
  • Drinks orders taken on climb out.
  • Towels, then drinks and hot nuts
  • One tray meal service
    • I had the grilled chicken, with some white sauce I haven't had before, definitely not whole grain mustard - quality was pretty good as has been my experience lately. Chicken was not dry. Could have done without the white sauce,
    • broccoli was cooked right,
    • salad was good,
    • bread was OK, at least not stale,
    • my first time with the blueberry cheesecake, which I enjoyed.
  • Lots of proactive drink refills, good and attentive crew all around. two people working the big first cabin, with one of the FAs from coach seeming to spend about half time there too
  • No second food loaded, FAs said not enough space on the 753. FA went back to coach and brought everyone two bags of pretzels
Overall it was worth 20 Plus Points to move from bulkhead coach to window first recliner, but boy would I be mad if I had paid for first or paid for an upgrade. I hope folks who did got some compensation.

Preorder

Full Polaris bedding, not so much on the seat

Headphones, not sure for what

One tray meal

Old Jun 19, 2024, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
UA549 11:40pm SFO-EWR. 19-May-24 757-200

PDB of Water or Prosecco. Seat mate decided he wanted something else and was served.

After take off, Nuts, and then the Charcuterie Board. Ice Cream Sunday with the works (No picture of the Sundae) This was much better than the Cob Salad I had on the westbound journey.

Croissant and a yogurt for Pre-Arrival.

Great Flight Crew. The pulsar noticed I was up all night and keep looking over at me every 30-45 mins from the jump seat just to check in on me. They offered me a second breakfast since I was the only one who ate. I should have asked for a second Sundae but was trying not to disturb my neighbor.
DJ_Iceman likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.