Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Divorce MP account from (client's) corporate account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2023, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC

Have an odd one -- It seems like a client's (1-2 tickets per year, their TA books) corporate account has gotten attached to my MileagePlus # as there's now as "Business" or "Personal" dropdown when shopping for flights on UA.com and when following the flow to book a ticket I get a "(Client Name) Discount Applied" message.

I'm not sure that I'd really care except after booking a ticket I also got a notice that my ticket was being synced to "United for Business" -- this raises all sorts of red flags because I definitely don't want one client knowing what travel I may be booking on behalf of another client -- I'm also concerned it may affect our PerksPlus earnings for our travel.

For the life of me I can't figure hour how to 'unlink' my account from their corporate travel or who I would need to contact (MPSC? 1KV? CS?) to have this done for me.

Anyone come across this?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Have an odd one -- It seems like a client's (1-2 tickets per year, their TA books) corporate account has gotten attached to my MileagePlus # as there's now as "Business" or "Personal" dropdown when shopping for flights on UA.com and when following the flow to book a ticket I get a "(Client Name) Discount Applied" message.

I'm not sure that I'd really care except after booking a ticket I also got a notice that my ticket was being synced to "United for Business" -- this raises all sorts of red flags because I definitely don't want one client knowing what travel I may be booking on behalf of another client -- I'm also concerned it may affect our PerksPlus earnings for our travel.

For the life of me I can't figure hour how to 'unlink' my account from their corporate travel or who I would need to contact (MPSC? 1KV? CS?) to have this done for me.

Anyone come across this?
Given that you are a 1K, have you tried simply calling the 1K line and seeing if they can assist?

Regards
vicontt likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc

Anyone come across this?
Pretty sure your client would be able to disconnect it. When changing jobs, all previous employer linkages to UA that had been in UA.com disappeared when my Concur profile got closed. Whether they would give you a travel portal account to self-admin might be another option.

You'd think you could do this via UA since it might have been a bad break-up or who wants other organizations offering you discounts or possibly tracking your travel for corporate espionage reasons....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.