Wiki Posts
Search

UA A321neo Routes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2023, 12:31 am
Original Poster

UA A321neo Routes

UA opened the first neo routes today

Flight 321 ORD-PHX is the inaugural on December 14 followed by 4 more routes from chicago
cesco.g and FriendlySkies like this.

Last edited by KLAS359; Sep 10, 2023 at 12:39 am
Old Sep 10, 2023, 12:34 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Looks like I'm the first to book First on flight 321 per the seat map. Surprisingly cheap fare connecting via ORD onto the flight.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 7:28 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Kind of an odd layout for E+

Old Sep 10, 2023, 7:40 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by dw
Kind of an odd layout for E+

Whats odd too is it doesnt show the exit row for the door aft of the wing. Unless the aircraft is so low in capacity that they have it deactivated like the aft mid cabin hat rack door (thats a really old term, sorry) on the 737-900. Ive only flown the 321neo with Frontier and been inside Spirits but I know AA has the mid cabin lav back there and extra legroom seats.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
ORD-PHX and ORD-MCO are two of my primary routes. This news just made my weekend!
uanj likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 7:56 am
dw

Originally Posted by JAXPax
What’s odd too is it doesn’t show the exit row for the door aft of the wing. Unless the aircraft is so low in capacity that they have it deactivated like the aft mid cabin “hat rack door” (that’s a really old term, sorry) on the 737-900. I’ve only flown the 321neo with Frontier and been inside Spirit’s but I know AA has the mid cabin lav back there and extra legroom seats.
Someone please check my calcs, but I got, for UA's configuration:

20 F, 180 Y (between 57 E+ and 123 Y) = 200

In comparison, AA's Neo is configured at 20 F, 176 Y = 196. AA does have the exit aft of the wing, with the mid-cabin lav there, but they blocked one overwing exit so there's only one exit row over the wing.

DL's Neo is 20 F, 174 Y = 194. Similar to UA with two overwing exits and the mid-cabin lav immediately behind F.

If my reading of the UA seat map is correct, congrats to UA for coming out with the most dense version of this plane amongst the US3, while having the most extra legroom coach seats. ;-/ Regular Y is going to be TIGHT
Old Sep 10, 2023, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by dw
Someone please check my calcs, but I got, for UA's configuration:

20 F, 180 Y (between 57 E+ and 123 Y) = 200

In comparison, AA's Neo is configured at 20 F, 176 Y = 196. AA does have the exit aft of the wing, with the mid-cabin lav there, but they blocked one overwing exit so there's only one exit row over the wing.

DL's Neo is 20 F, 174 Y = 194. Similar to UA with two overwing exits and the mid-cabin lav immediately behind F.

If my reading of the UA seat map is correct, congrats to UA for coming out with the most dense version of this plane amongst the US3, while having the most extra legroom coach seats. ;-/ Regular Y is going to be TIGHT
I missed that with AA having an overwing blocked but youre right. JetBlue has 200 seats on its all coach version and has the full exit config.

Hey at least it doesnt have 240 seats like Frontier! The last row is basically in the aft lav entryway.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 8:09 am
dw

JetBlue has 200 seats on its all coach version and has the full exit config.
It's kind of crazy that both JetBlue and UA are at 200 (with AA and DL not far behind), with JetBlue's being coach only.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by dw
It's kind of crazy that both JetBlue and UA are at 200 (with AA and DL not far behind), with JetBlue's being coach only.
Will be interested too to see what UA does in the very back with seating. Delta has a standard aft galley and lav arrangement on the neo but on the regular A321 has this space flex config (two lavs under the tail). They block 42ABC for crew use because there is nowhere really for the crew to sit inflight. One of the jumpseats is built into a lavatory door (or folds out over the galley carts like Spirit does) and the other faces the two lavatories. A lot of crews block the lav closest to the door so they can use that jumpseat.

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA1K
Anyone been on an inaugural before? Does UA do something fun or is it mostly business as usual?
Old Sep 10, 2023, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by unitedwildcat
Anyone been on an inaugural before? Does UA do something fun or is it mostly business as usual?
Very much depends on what the inaugural is. I've been on several route inaugurals which were big parties at the gate. But also one that was a much smaller party and I ended up cutting and serving the cake to other passengers in HNL.

Getting a new type into service is definitely a big deal, but it is hard to know for sure just what UA will do to celebrate. Especially when the type will have to fly around a bit for crew familiarization before this. Whether there are any media or surprise & delight equipment swaps will also potentially impact that decision.

I've got a seat booked on this one for now, but no idea if I'll be able to attend.
SFO 1K, jsloan, uanj and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Whats odd too is it doesnt show the exit row for the door aft of the wing.
UA makes the numbering of exit rows consistent with other aircraft types; that is, rows 20 and 21. When I took LH A321, FAs faced pax at the second set of exit row. I guess that UA will hide FAs in the back.🤗
Old Sep 10, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Kmxu
UA makes the numbering of exit rows consistent with other aircraft types; that is, rows 20 and 21. When I took LH A321, FAs faced pax at the second set of exit row. I guess that UA will hide FAs in the back.🤗
There are no FA positions at the overwing exits on this configuration. FAs will be in usual door 1L/2L positions - its just a much longer A320 - in this context.
uanj likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Granted they renumbered the inaugural flight to UA321, I do feel the odds of UA doing something are somewhat high.

To anyone looking to book a window on this, there are now just 2-3 window seats left in the entire plane.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 9:48 pm

Will be interested too to see what UA does in the very back with seating. Delta has a standard aft galley and lav arrangement on the neo but on the regular A321 has this space flex config (two lavs under the tail).
According to the seat map, UA A321neo indeed has space flex type two lavs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.