Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"Session expired, Your united.com session timed out" while doing a flight search

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Session expired, Your united.com session timed out" while doing a flight search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2023, 10:20 am
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

Logged in, do a flight search and immediately get
Session expired
Your united.com session timed out. Any transactions for which you have received confirmation during the session are not affected, however you must restart any searches or any incomplete transactions. If you were signed into your account, you'll need to sign in again.
repeated and got the same error
AlohafromKOA likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

maybe its more than just the award searches right now that is broken? United award search hangs

Revenue searches worked for me on the app.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum

I had same situation yesterday. Got a bunch of information for an international flight easily, then tried to check something else and couldn't get past the 'session timed out' notice. About all you can do is wait a day or two ... if you can.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jsn55
I had same situation yesterday. Got a bunch of information for an international flight easily, then tried to check something else and couldn't get past the 'session timed out' notice. About all you can do is wait a day or two ... if you can.
Still happening for me with multiple browsers and after clearing cookies. Does not matter if logged in or not.
The app works fine.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
Still happening for me with multiple browsers and after clearing cookies. Does not matter if logged in or not.
The app works fine.
Just ran into this - it's due to some new bot detection that United rolled out on their website recently (to shut down backdoor tools/scripts that scrape inventory). It's SUPER aggressive, even ran into it after ~10 back-to-back searches on the website (using it normally, no shenanigans) and am now stuck - can't search for anything on the website anymore.

App is not impacted.

Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALsnipe
Just ran into this - it's due to some new bot detection that United rolled out on their website recently (to shut down backdoor tools/scripts that scrape inventory). It's SUPER aggressive, even ran into it after ~10 back-to-back searches on the website (using it normally, no shenanigans) and am now stuck - can't search for anything on the website anymore. ...
I run no bots or scraping tools. I don't any unusual searchs, much less than what some here describe here.

Will this timeout ? what is the recourse?

@UA Insider

App is not impacted. ..
Same for me
gsalem94122 likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 18, 2023 at 8:40 pm
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:35 pm

I run no bots or scraping tools. I don't any unusual searchs, much less than what some here describe here.

Will this timeout ? what is the recourse?
I'm saying that the bot detection is overzealous and also flags manual searches and people without ill-intentions - normal use of united.com is being blocked.

I've found that eventually it will cool down after 30 mins, but it's very hit and miss. I highly recommend anyone running into this to write in the feedback to United. There's no easy why they're making it this hard for normal people to use the site.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

.... I've found that eventually it will cool down after 30 mins...
I have been locked out from booking or even searching for over 70 HOURS!
Old Jun 18, 2023, 9:46 pm

That's nuts - I think it's worth a call to Web Support if you haven't tried them already.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
Logged in, do a flight search and immediately get repeated and got the same error

I am having the exact same issue, started today. Used chrome, firefox, Edge. UA app works fine, but nothing on my laptop browsers work, however phone and tablet browsers are fine.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:08 am
hch

Just got hit by this too. Interestingly it does not seem to trigger on rebookings - just managed to rebook one to snatch LH F on FRA-IAD. But now I need to search something paid to get me to California and it tries to lock me out.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Back to working normal after nearly 4 days
Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:10 pm

Good riddance! I'm telling everyone who runs into this to complain to United. It shouldn't be this hard to use the website.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Good riddance! I'm telling everyone who runs into this to complain to United. It shouldn't be this hard to use the website.
give them a break, they had to put the entire IT team on fixing the 'improper viewing ability of UG lists' in the last few days. Website functionality and allowing pax to booked tickets is secondary ...
mogi67 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 11:07 am
Original Poster

IT'S BACK

Session Expired issue is back

I need not be logged in, I have had this occur with multiple IP addresses, on multiple devices, ....

App still works fine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.