Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Date change hack to view waitlist early -- dead again (website & app)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 25, 2023, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Date change hack to view waitlist early -- dead again (website & app)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:28 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by XCstud
Is there any way to see where i am on the upgrade list for a flight more than 2 days out other than calling? I used to be able to change the date on my computer to the day before a flight and see the upgrade list, but that doesn't seem to work now.
​​​​​​No. And agents aren't supposed to tell you if you call, either.

Not all agents even have access to see the list in advance & what they see may or may not reflect the reality that exists when the list is made public.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
No, some numbnuts made a public website that queried the United flight status API to get upgrade lists any time in the future. United noticed and modified the API to reject queries for flights >4 days out.
The numbnuts wasn't the creator, it's the users that flapped their lips. Given the API change, I'm already being forced to book away from United in some instances.
EWR764 likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
For the last several weeks someone has published a website that used United's flight status API to grab the upgrade list of any flight regardless of date. I'd been sneakily doing it myself for a year or so with a Python script a friend wrote. But it looks like United finally noticed and implemented some security. Their API now rejects queries for flights more than 4 days out.

Alas! it was nice while it lasted. And if anyone from United IT sees this and wants to give me a secret API endpoint I can use, my DMs are open.
Were you ever able to figure out a workaround to this? The UAUL site was such a great asset to have as a frequent traveler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.