Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Early access for upgrade waitlist (now limited to 4 days in advance)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Update -- 7 Feb 2022
Originally Posted by gokeeper
... UA just implemented user agent check as well as server side flight date check, the later one is what kill this loophole
=====================================
Originally Posted by leftysauce
Site is up and running! Currently upgrade lists are supported on UA, AA, DL and standby lists only on AA.

How to get access:
- Go to https://master.d26mh3p6egxqfe.amplifyapp.com/
- Create account

Note: You will NOT be able to "confirm" your email address yourself after account creation - you MUST PM me ONLY your username/email and I'll activate your account.

- Username should be the same as email
- Password requires lowercase/uppercase/number/symbol/8 characters
- Email can be fake, as long as it's in an email format (i.e. [email protected])
- Phone number can be fake and all 0s

Let me know of any site issues or feature requests!
I will only be able to accept a few at first (think beta testing) until I can figure out a way to recoup the cost of maintenance and not get shutdown

================================================== =
alternative approach -- a bit more basic
OK, this one will works for both UA and AA, with source code on the page:

https://jsfiddle.net/025h3y8p/

Select airline, put in your flight number, departure airport and date to the bottom right window and submit.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2022, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold

Originally Posted by Repooc17
The workaround has been disabled by UA. No consumer facing waitlist view until a few days from departure.

Wednesday is Dec 29. If the flight is Dec 28, you should be able to view the list now, given today is Dec 26; if Dec 29, you should be able to see the waitlist after midnight.
found a way to view Upgrade/Standby lists T-infinity. Will be getting a website running and updating here as soon as it's up 😎
alenguy and drewguy like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

found a way to view Upgrade/Standby lists T-infinity. Will be getting a website running and updating here as soon as it's up 😎
Well that is very intriguing. 😮
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Nice!

Don't let United find out the sauce
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Site is up and running! Currently upgrade lists are supported on UA, AA, DL and standby lists only on AA.

How to get access:
- Go to https://master.d26mh3p6egxqfe.amplifyapp.com/
- Create account

Note: You will NOT be able to "confirm" your email address yourself after account creation - you MUST PM me ONLY your username/email and I'll activate your account.

- Username should be the same as email
- Password requires lowercase/uppercase/number/symbol/8 characters
- Email can be fake, as long as it's in an email format (i.e. [email protected])
- Phone number can be fake and all 0s

Let me know of any site issues or feature requests!

p.s. At lease 10 people have registered but have not PM'd me. Please do so if you still want access.

Last edited by leftysauce; Jan 31, 2022 at 3:48 pm Reason: Update instructions
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Those who PM'd me just now - you're confirmed. Let me know if you run into any issues.

I've also hit my PM limit so I won't be able to reply once I activate your account - i'll try to go through the requests once a day

If you are a low-tier Silver like me, I'll prioritize you
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Since someone already posted it elsewhere, I will just share it here, expect UA to bock this anonymous access soon.

You don't need to register any service to see the future upgrade list, if you are familiar with computer stuff a simple curl will do it, you can pair it with jq for your viewing preference.

curl -H "Host: smartphone.united.com" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Accept: */*" -H "User-Agent: UnitedCustomerFacingIPhone/4.1.37.1 CFNetwork/1240.0.4 Darwin/20.6.0" -H "Accept-Language: en-ca" --compressed "https://smartphone.united.com/UnitedMobileDataServices/api/UpgradeList/GetUpgradeList?accessCode=ACCESSCODE&appversion=4. 1.37&applicationId=1&languageCode=en-US&departureAirportCode=EWR&transactionId=&flightN umber=14&flightDate=20220211"
Or simply replace the departure airport, flight number and date in the following url and look for the upgrade list towards the bottom. Now easy to read but will do the job.

https://smartphone.united.com/United...pplicationId=1

I created a small tool to construct the upgrade list url, put in your flight number, departure airport and date to the bottom right window of this link and submit.
https://jsfiddle.net/uvgdf5nq/
Xyzzy, kb1992, B747SP and 7 others like this.

Last edited by gokeeper; Jan 25, 2022 at 7:00 pm
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Since someone already posted it elsewhere, I will just share it here, expect UA to bock this anonymous access soon.

You don't need to register any service to see the future upgrade list, if you are familiar with computer staff a simple curl will do it, you can pair it with jq for your viewing preference.

Or simply replace the departure airport, flight number and date in the following url and look for the upgrade list towards the bottom. Now east to read but will do the job.

well this is how the united app pulls the data so the only way they can block it is to really use Akamai on it, just like they did it with the flight search with fare classes which I can't crack. If they take away the "anonymous" part, as long as they don't add Akamai on it, it's still crackable.

also why not use a mobile-friendly GUI if it's free
Old Jan 25, 2022, 9:41 am
Original Poster

XXXX activated it. I overwrote your phone # with all 0s. Email and phone # can be "fake" as it's only there cuz i cant remove it from the sign up page lol and im not trying to collect emails or phone#
​​​

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 25, 2022 at 12:13 pm Reason: Use PMs for personal messages
Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

well this is how the united app pulls the data so the only way they can block it is to really use Akamai on it, just like they did it with the flight search with fare classes which I can't crack. If they take away the "anonymous" part, as long as they don't add Akamai on it, it's still crackable.

also why not use a mobile-friendly GUI if it's free
All they need to do is implement date validate on the server side.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
xxxx activated it. I overwrote your phone # with all 0s. Email and phone # can be "fake" as it's only there cuz i cant remove it from the sign up page lol and im not trying to collect emails or phone#
​​​
Work perfectly for me. Thank you, @leftysauce
leftysauce likes this.

Last edited by Kmxu; Jan 25, 2022 at 1:11 pm
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:03 pm

Sounds amazing.
hoping to get activated soonBeen missing this baby for a while
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Awesome, thank you!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: Various
This is the thing that was just posted a day or two ago on the 1k/MM/GS group on FB, right?
Old Jan 25, 2022, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mechteach
This is the thing that was just posted a day or two ago on the 1k/MM/GS group on FB, right?
if it was mentioned somewhere else, it wasn't me
Old Jan 25, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond

UPDATE:
Put your flight number, departure airport and date to the bottom right window of this link to generate upgrade list result link for your flight.
https://jsfiddle.net/uvgdf5nq/
I LOVE THIS. I tried the jsfiddle.net tool. These will be useful for making buy-vs-PlusPoints decisions for flights that are in the future beyond the current 3-days-ahead upgrade list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.