Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Splitting up MP Award Miles on LX/AC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Splitting up MP Award Miles on LX/AC

Mrs. LanikaiKid and I are in Switzerland with family but two family members need to leave in the next few days to MSP and we want to book their trips using our miles, hopefully in style. UA website shows 78.4k business availability this Friday ZRH-YUL-MSP on LX/AC but only one seat at this price. When changed to two passengers all availability is gone.

Our thought was to have separate, simultaneous UA logins and I book one of them and she books the other so they both get the deal. Other than the separate ticket issues, what other problems is there? Could LX/AC void one or both tickets? Is this just a terrible idea?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 6:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Partner award tickets may not confirm on booking and can take 24-48 hours. Essentially meaning there is a good chance only one ticket will confirm.

What you are attempting "may" work at times for a paid all UA ticket but is likely not to work for partner tickets.
jsloan likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LanikaiKid
Our thought was to have separate, simultaneous UA logins and I book one of them and she books the other so they both get the deal. Other than the separate ticket issues, what other problems is there? Could LX/AC void one or both tickets? Is this just a terrible idea?
It's virtually impossible that both tickets can be issued. You can certainly try it, but expect it to fail. They won't void the tickets if they're issued, but they'll likely never issue in the first place -- even if you don't get an error during the booking process. You'd expect one email saying you're ticketed, and the other will fail to ticket.
LanikaiKid and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.