Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Who is UA's most repugnant (flying) partner?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is UA's most repugnant (flying) partner?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
LOT, in my experience. my few flights on TAP have been excellent, and the 1 refund I needed to run for family was processed painlessly and quickly, so no complaints. AC my only real issue (apart from the lack of room in the J seat from knees down) was one seat deflation, and I had no problems getting appropriately (in fact generously) compensated for that. At least that's how I remember it years later - quite possible digging through FT will reveal that I complained about AC at the time :-D

LOT - had to cancel a refundable ticket 3 years ago. Was about $500 or so. Multiple times they said they issued the refund, and I never received it. Eventually gave up because neither my employer nor I had any interest in investing further time.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I'm assuming you were on the Air Japan flight -- that's not real ANA -- its like flying UEX vs UA - except the planes are cleaner.... Air Japan is NH's version of the "JV" team -- limited services, less experienced FA, and older planes -- but still better than most....
Nothing like flying in "The Suite"/First SFO-NRT on the 777 and then Air Japan Business NRT-BKK. Two different worlds. I've never seen such a run down 787.
aquanine and Ghoulish like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Does this apply to *A partners only?

If include non *A partner-airlines, my vote goes to Silver Air out of Florida.
PVDtoDEL and AirbusFan2B like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I recently flew UA SFO-NRT NH NRT-SIN in Premium Economy and couldn’t disagree more with this take. I missed UA 803 (sometimes UA 881) on UA metal big time.

But NH >>>>> AI (Except for Indian food on board)
What didn't you like about your NH PE experience?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 2:49 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Recently flew AC biz int'l twice and had no issues at all apart from the crazy biz check-in stuff at YVR (lesson learned there).

I would fly them in preference to UA on TATL flights because of the more comfortable seat and incomparably better food and wine on board.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
+1 on TAP. Literally nothing good to say about TAP aside from maybe it has the cheapest lie flat seats to Europe.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
There are companies that will pursue them for you for a cut of the take. 100% contingency based too. If you've given up a share of something is better than nothing.
I tried using some, don’t remember why it didn’t work out, it was several years ago and it’s too late now.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Got to be a tie between AC and TP at this point. Both are actually fine IMO if all goes well. In case of irops or any other issues, they are the most horrible to deal with.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
air wisconsin. the devil's chariot cannot leave the fleet soon enough.
tabTX, CLEguy, beachmouse and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:52 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
OP uses the word "Repugnant", not "Worst". I think those are two totally different things. We have some great examples of "Worst" here, but "Repugnant" goes so much further than bad service. Much worse than, say, Air Canada's or TAP's owners.

Long wait times and bad refund policies are bad. But don't come close to the behavior of some of the actions of United's partners' owners.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 9, 2022 at 10:53 am Reason: Let's switch to travel experiences and not go OMNI/PR
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:18 am

Avianca once tried to downgrade me from a J seat in an A332 to an exit row coach seat in an A320 GRU-BOG when they swapped aircraft.
After much arguing I won and they sent me to JFK on the now deceased Avianca Brasil.

TP, LO, AC have not tried to pull such stunts on me.
John Portland likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:19 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Surprisingly, the call wait time for AC 2 weeks ago was only 35 minutes, and they now offer a call back option.

Then again, I had to call to get a seat assignment in business class, since their website craps out every time I tried to save the assignment.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
UA's worst flying partner is UA.

But barring that, TAP hands down.
weero and TPACjv like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by emcampbe (Post # 10)
i just flew them [AC] to NRT (on the way to SIN), and onboard (once the planes actually left - both late), I found it very average, which at least was average. Speaking of OTP, they are absolutely worst in class, and have traditionally had pretty bad OTP - gotten worse now for sure.

on the other hand, they do operate their own aircraft flying SFO-YYZ, which is more than I can say for UA right now.
OTP = On Time Performance
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:47 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I'm just picking out the word "Repugnant" because I don't think it means what the OP thinks it means.

It's like threads with "NIGHTMARE" or "DEVASTATING" in the title, when a bag got lost or a hotel was sold out or similar.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 9, 2022 at 10:54 am Reason: stick to travel related issues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.