Wiki Posts
Search

United unofficial PNR viewer

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
The inf is already available via the web site if you have the PNR (as in the site sends the info and this tool only presents what is already in your browser).
Indeed, it’s really important to emphasize that nearly every airline returns all of this data so long as you have the confirmation number and your last name. It’s just how the industry works unfortunately. Even Tony Abbott is not immune!

Of course United may decide to make changes to this, but like a good premium fare deal it should be enjoyed while available.
Old May 9, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Any chance of a version of this for AA?
Old May 9, 2022, 12:57 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
A basic search led to too many threads being returned for me to pinpoint...

For those objectors (of which, I am not one)...Didn't there use to be (or maybe there still is) a way to check any PNR in similar fashion on the Saudia Airlines site? Again, we're talking some pretty easily accessible info. If someone wants to crack into your PNR, you really don't need a site like the OP's.
Xyzzy, kb1992, volabam and 2 others like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:01 pm
O62

Man, I saw the Delta thread and found the JSON dump to see this on my UA reservations. It was a great revelation but I was really hoping no one developed something like this in fear of UA pulling data. The remarks were a goldmine for complicated tickets. It'll most certainly go the way of Delta. So thanks, OP, you succeeded in developing a really cool tool that will become useless in a few days. All of you saying "it's there anyways" is technically true, but not effectively true. It's there, but wasn't easily accessible or known by the general public, so it wasn't really available to a wide audience. It's like saying "anyone can visit Midway island." Technically that's true, but of course you would need so many permissions, funds, and transport methods that it is effectively not available to anyone.

Now it won't matter. It'll get nerfed soon. Maybe a good line from Jurassic Park goes here: "[they] were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should"
Old May 9, 2022, 1:06 pm

Let's just hope DLflyer themselves isn't the burglar since they have all our PNR/Name combos we tested.

(Related, hope you aren't in Missouri. Wasn't there where the governor tried to absurdly prosecute someone for showing data that was exposed in the html code? )
Old May 9, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
dlflyer00 Respectfully ask that you take this down and remove this post. Although the data is technically there and may be used by some backend process on the web page, it is not meant to viewed by a wide audience. You've proven your point that it is accessible. If you want any hope that it will remain as such, remove this.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K , Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Wow, this is great. Cant believe this is all in the data.
I can see in the data that my plus points have already cleared for upgrade from Economy to Polaris on my route from ORD - DEN -> DEN - SFO -> SFO - ICN. On the app it only shows ORD -DEN as clearing so far.
I also see the remarks that were added to my wife's separate ticket by the phone agent to roll my status privileges to her. Fascinating
Old May 9, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Delete thread !
Old May 9, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
It even shows the buy-up offer:

PCUOFFER/09MAY/1/SFO/PHX/2657/11MAY/P/149/USD
I guess it helps figuring out if you'll get PQP

Not sure why people are blaming the website or even this thread. Don't blame the messenger.

Interesting, looking at an old reservation:

DUPLICATE WITH UA PNR XXXXXX / UA PNR SUBJECT TO CANCEL
I wish this kind of warning was sent to me.

COP VRFD SYD LAX COVIDTEST FOR NAME
I guess TRC info goes in there

REZ*AGENT ERROR AE02
hmmmm

UA PREMIER1K MEMBER - PLZ EXTEND ALL COURTESIES
that sounds about right
​​​​​​​Though it seems to only show up for my award flights

Last edited by eng3; May 9, 2022 at 4:52 pm
Old May 9, 2022, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eng3
Not sure why people are blaming the website or even this thread. Don't blame the messenger.
Presumably because this information has been on the website for at least two years and people suspect it'll now be taken down in a matter of days. :/

There used to be additional useful information available on other key pages. It was sanitized at some point in the past two years. I suspect that the same thing will happen here too.
Old May 9, 2022, 7:15 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

So, when airlines ask for home address and email address to "validate" when we call, someone who has the PNR can get all that anyway? Never knew. I expected that to be only in front of them. What a joke.

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I love this tool. I'm not going to blog about it (thanks OP for reaching out to me via Twitter) because I DON'T want UA to shut it down.

Why did you have to post about it here?!
Very nice. Thank you. I hope one of those credit card salesboys does not scream about this to click-bait.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 9, 2022 at 8:14 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old May 9, 2022, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by planes&trains
So, when airlines ask for home address and email address to "validate" when we call, someone who has the PNR can get all that anyway? Never knew. I expected that to be only in front of them. What a joke.
That's ne reason why UA forces us to have a favourite sea animal or sport or other equally ridiculous "favourite" to have to remember.
Old May 9, 2022, 7:25 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Originally Posted by eng3
UA PREMIER1K MEMBER - PLZ EXTEND ALL COURTESIES
that sounds about right
I hope they come up with something like this as well:

UA DYKWIA MEMBER - PLZ WITHHOLD ALL COURTESIES
Old May 9, 2022, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by malgudi
Nice! What does "current action code" imply?
In the case of the sample screenshot posted: HK1 means that one passenger is confirmed (Holding Konfirmed 1)

CRS status codes and action codes are sort of interchangeable concepts/terms (in SABRE we even called them Status/Action Codes, SA codes) as one performs an action (i.e. SS1 in SABRE to sell 1 seat, OB1 to overbook 1 seat, etc.) that then results in a status like confirmed (HK1)
SPN Lifer, volabam and dlflyer00 like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Very nice. Thank you. I hope one of those credit card salesboys does not scream about this to click-bait.
They've never asked me for my home address or email (except when they needed to send me something)

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
That's ne reason why UA forces us to have a favourite sea animal or sport or other equally ridiculous "favourite" to have to remember.
Seems better than a 4 digit pin, that also could give full access into your account

I hope they come up with something like this as well:
UA DYKWIA MEMBER - PLZ WITHHOLD ALL COURTESIES
Actually, I was thinking there really might be some remarks like that for a potential "problem customer"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.