FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United unofficial PNR viewer
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2022, 1:01 pm
O62

Man, I saw the Delta thread and found the JSON dump to see this on my UA reservations. It was a great revelation but I was really hoping no one developed something like this in fear of UA pulling data. The remarks were a goldmine for complicated tickets. It'll most certainly go the way of Delta. So thanks, OP, you succeeded in developing a really cool tool that will become useless in a few days. All of you saying "it's there anyways" is technically true, but not effectively true. It's there, but wasn't easily accessible or known by the general public, so it wasn't really available to a wide audience. It's like saying "anyone can visit Midway island." Technically that's true, but of course you would need so many permissions, funds, and transport methods that it is effectively not available to anyone.

Now it won't matter. It'll get nerfed soon. Maybe a good line from Jurassic Park goes here: "[they] were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should"