Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any signs of 2022 Premier membership card/kits/drink coupons ..? (Not so far)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any signs of 2022 Premier membership card/kits/drink coupons ..? (Not so far)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:10 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If there were going to be 2022 membership kits, they would have been available by now. Ergo, have no expectation of anything for 2022.
kirkwoodj and Markalta like this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I may be late n the minority, but I prefer everything in the app. The handle wraps are a nice touch, but there is no need for cards or tags.
Will UA replace the handle wraps if I ask nicely? Mine fell off
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Both my wife and I earned 1K and we were really looking forward to the matching handle wraps...
Old Feb 9, 2022, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by malgudi
Ask and report back here please.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
I requested a replacement last July and they sent one out fairly quickly.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mongobot
I requested a replacement last July and they sent one out fairly quickly.
Interesting, I also asked last July and was told no "due to covid"
Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Ask and report back here please.
"We have suspended production due to the pandemic situation. We hope that we can get back with this soon"
Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
"We have suspended production due to the pandemic situation. We hope that we can get back with this soon"
Thanks. I feel Ike I could have predicted that.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
"Go away kid, ya bother me."

David
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
I got the exact same response in November when my luggage wrapper was not on my luggage when it arrived from Atlanta. Interestingly, when I checked my bag at Atlanta, the agent asked me if I was going to tip before she would pick up my bag. I had to ask her what she said as I was sure I had not heard her correctly. This was inside the airport, not outside. I ended up giving her $5 and she watched me walk away until I was completely out of sight--a good couple of minutes before she waited on the next passenger. I am sure my luggage wrapper not making it is coincidental, but it did make me wonder.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ll22949
I got the exact same response in November when my luggage wrapper was not on my luggage when it arrived from Atlanta. Interestingly, when I checked my bag at Atlanta, the agent asked me if I was going to tip before she would pick up my bag. I had to ask her what she said as I was sure I had not heard her correctly. This was inside the airport, not outside. I ended up giving her $5 and she watched me walk away until I was completely out of sight--a good couple of minutes before she waited on the next passenger. I am sure my luggage wrapper not making it is coincidental, but it did make me wonder.
I hope you have reported this to UA . I think that agent needs re-training or a pink slip.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:07 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
I got 2022 1k status thru pure 100% goodwill of UA so I'm fine that they're not sending out kits. But TBH if they really want our business they should treat every member equally good not equally bad.

IMO they will still send out the wraps and drink chits moving forward next qualifying year. Digital chits are non transferable and seem like a pita to develop and use in the field compared to print+mail. And I think some agents and some 1k/gs like the wraps.

I'd still like a physical card but I know the app has a solution for that.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by cur
I got 2022 1k status thru pure 100% goodwill of UA so I'm fine that they're not sending out kits. But TBH if they really want our business they should treat every member equally good not equally bad.

IMO they will still send out the wraps and drink chits moving forward next qualifying year. Digital chits are non transferable and seem like a pita to develop and use in the field compared to print+mail. And I think some agents and some 1k/gs like the wraps.

I'd still like a physical card but I know the app has a solution for that.
UA is the king of inconsistency.

I have been Gold, Plat, and 1K the past five years, and have never received any kind of new tier material.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
No MP member kits for 2022

I could not find this on the threads, but I asked through the UA app chat about member kits for 2022 to see if they are back... they are not. I was hoping for a Gold one as it is my second time (without the PQP help) qualifying for it.

"In 2020 we suspended Premier Kit production due to the impacts of COVID-19. This suspension continues through the 2022 Premier program year and includes kits for new Premier qualifiers and new Million Milers."

Maybe the chat attendant was wrong? I will like to hope so as the luggage tags from 2019 looked the best so far (though I have only received a silver previously).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 22, 2022 at 3:27 pm Reason: moved to existing thread
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
They’re such a huge waste. Aside from handle wraps, (which should be given out on requests), What’s the point in the ridiculous box that goes straight to the trash?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.