Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No UA MP elite physical membership materials / kits for 2021

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 10, 21, 7:30 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
United wrote pretty clearly in their early 2021 message to Elites:
*Physical membership materials have been suspended for 2021. Please visit mystatus.united.com to learn about the valuable benefits your status has to offer.
Although admittedly that was in the fine print
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 10, 21, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond

Are there 1K Kits for 2021?

I can't find the thread about them.

Barratt
Old Feb 10, 21, 7:24 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
My guess is nothing will be mailed this year. I re-qualified (not an extension) and was thinking they might mail them to those that did organically qualify, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm actually hoping for a kit and that they repeat the wireless Qi charger. Last year when I got mine, I didn't have a device I could charge wirelessly, so I gave mine away. Now I have a new phone that supports Qi. Since I don't want to be...one.of.those.guys.that.gives.a.gift.and.wants .it.back, was hoping for a re-run of last year's gift, but if not, I totally 100% completely get it.
Old Feb 10, 21, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler View Post
I'm actually hoping for a kit and that they repeat the wireless Qi charger. Last year when I got mine, I didn't have a device I could charge wirelessly, so I gave mine away. Now I have a new phone that supports Qi. Since I don't want to be...one.of.those.guys.that.gives.a.gift.and.wants .it.back, was hoping for a re-run of last year's gift, but if not, I totally 100% completely get it.
I'm not giving it back!
Old Feb 10, 21, 9:41 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bmoy210 View Post
Are there 1K Kits for 2021? ...
No, reportedly not even for GS
Old Feb 10, 21, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.2 MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Would be nice if they at least sent out kits to people like me who never got it last year...including my 2mm kit.
drewguy and billchristoff like this.
Old Feb 10, 21, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
United wrote pretty clearly in their early 2021 message to Elites:
*Physical membership materials have been suspended for 2021. Please visit mystatus.united.com to learn about the valuable benefits your status has to offer.
Although admittedly that was in the fine print
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 10, 21, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dkmatter View Post
Would be nice if they at least sent out kits to people like me who never got it last year...including my 2mm kit.
I am still waiting for my 3MM kit. Nothing from UA for the last two months .
Old Feb 10, 21, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Gold
I was almost denied entry to a *G lounge last week because I was asked for my physical card. It's rare but it still happens sometimes. I showed him my old one and at first, the guy said: "It's expired". Then I told him I haven't received my new one yet. Then I asked him to just look up my FF# and he agreed. I was the only person in the lounge for a good hour so I think he was just trying to be lazy.
Old Feb 10, 21, 4:14 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dkmatter View Post
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
I am still waiting for my 3MM kit. Nothing from UA for the last two months .
Unfortunately, UA's not kitting.

David
cfischer, drgreg, Kmxu and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 21, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by eng3 View Post
I was almost denied entry to a *G lounge last week because I was asked for my physical card. It's rare but it still happens sometimes. I showed him my old one and at first, the guy said: "It's expired". Then I told him I haven't received my new one yet. Then I asked him to just look up my FF# and he agreed. I was the only person in the lounge for a good hour so I think he was just trying to be lazy.
ugh, you tried the app and they refused?
Old Feb 10, 21, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
I was almost denied entry to a *G lounge last week .....
Where? Would not accept the electronic / virtual card?
Often1 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 21, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
ugh, you tried the app and they refused?
The app wasn't working for me because I had no data connection there. The WIFI password wasn't given to me til after I was checked into the lounge.
The battery on my phone was also pretty low. That's why I like having physical copies of things, especially when travelling.

But as I said, I convinced him to look up my FF# and then he let me in.
But I could obviously see how this could be an issue with so many lounges out there and so many agents.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 21, 5:08 pm

The app wasn't working for me because I had no data connection there. The WIFI password wasn't given to me til after I was checked into the lounge.
The battery on my phone was also pretty low. ....
OK that explains things because the virtual or physical card is required, although some will take the BP. Probably best to have a screenshot of the card for the cases of no connectivity..

Those with a smartphone should have no need of a physical card and even a phone on low battery will work with a charger.

... But I could obviously see how this could be an issue with so many lounges out there and so many agents.
this thread suggest it is not an issue and has not been for some time Recent Denials of admission to *A Lounges due to lack of UA *G card [2019-2020] as long as you have a smartphone / virtual card
Old Feb 10, 21, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
OK that explains things because the virtual or physical card is required, although some will take the BP. Probably best to have a screenshot of the card for the cases of no connectivity..

Those with a smartphone should have no need of a physical card and even a phone on low battery will work with a charger.

this thread suggest it is not an issue and has not been for some time Recent Denials of admission to *A Lounges due to lack of UA *G card [2019-2020] as long as you have a smartphone / virtual card
Having a charger doesn't help if you don't have connectivity. I guess I should keep a screenshot.
I guess in the end I still got in. There's always an unknown with what's in the agent's head. I assume ones chances of getting a denial is always going to be higher without a physical card.
There's also a lot of people who still either don't have a smart phone or don't know how to use one. I explained to my mother how to pull up her gold card but I doubt she will remember how if her BP is ever not enough.
Old Feb 10, 21, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Save your card in your wallet, you don't need connectivity to pull that up. Note that you'll need to update with this year's version; last year's has expired and doesn't auto-update.

I don't mind not getting a kit, the waste of all that packaging really bothered me in recent years.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: