Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed UA cabin layout plans

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed UA cabin layout plans

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2021, 6:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed UA cabin layout plans

Hello esteemed FlyerTalkers. I'd like to welcome you to aeroLOPA. It's a project I started over a year ago initially for my own benefit but from May this year the project transformed into its own dedicated website. Today, I am happy to announce a new portfolio of United cabin layout plans is in production and the first (beta) phase covering the Boeing 787 Dreamliners is now available on aeroLOPA.com

AeroLOPA's mission is to create and share detailed seat diagrams that are as easy to access and read on a mobile phone as they are on a desktop computer. What they do not do is tell you where the best seats are, rather its aim is to provide all the necessary information you need to make your own informed decision. For the all chit chat, questions, answers, and debate, FT is still the place

The creative process starts with a technical blueprint of each aircraft type. Factory standard galley, washroom, storage units are inserted, then the cabins are populated with seats and carefully space planned. It sounds simple, but to ensure accuracy scores of photos are scrutinised, cabin videos closely studied allowing seat positions to be spot checked, adjusted if necessary and the diagrams fine tuned. Thanks to the detailed information I have read here in the United forum the 787 content has been a joy to prepare and I hope the cabin layout plans will also be useful to you.

Full cabin and seat descriptions for each aircraft type will be added during the days ahead, and other aircraft types will be added in future weeks.

Enjoy and let me know what's working and any areas you think need attention.

Samples below:

Boeing 787-8

Boeing 787-9

Boeing 787-10

Old Oct 8, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I’m on the road right now, but right off the bat, this is fantastic work. Thank you!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
I thought all 788 are true Polaris
phkc070408 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gusd
I thought all 788 are true Polaris
I am using United’s own fleet webpage and planespotters.net as references for the fleet status. Is there a more authoritative source I should be referring to?

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...nes-fleet.html

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/United-Airlines
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:05 pm

The United Airlines Fleet Site is a great source
Prospero and Mikity like this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Looks great, thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Looks great, thanks!
You’re welcome.

It would be great if E+ seats were marked on the seat maps, as well.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gusd
You’re welcome.

It would be great if E+ seats were marked on the seat maps, as well.
The E+ are displayed with grey accented headrests. Hopefully not too subtle. This will be explained when I add narratives to each type.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:24 pm

Found them
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

In one way it is a shame the type 1 787-8 has now been consigned to the history books. The E+ seat pitch was remarkably generous at 35.4 inches
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Quite a nice site; thanks for sharing it with us!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
This is amazing - extremely useful for determining the exact situation with a misaligned or missing window!
Old Oct 9, 2021, 5:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by EWR764
I’m on the road right now, but right off the bat, this is fantastic work. Thank you!
I agree - best seat map site i've seen.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Wow! Thank you.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:37 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Fantastic site -- thanks so much for creating this!!! Your attention to detail is phenomenal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.