Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed UA cabin layout plans

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed UA cabin layout plans

Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

The 757-300 has now been added. I am now working through the myriad of 737s

Boeing 757-300

Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:38 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
I've been telling lots of folks about your new site -- these maps are the best I've ever seen, both from an informational and a design perspective! They're gorgeous.

Here's one question/idea -- would you ever consider also making a series of maps in which all of the planes are the same scale? Right now the fuselages in the maps are approx the same size even though the planes are different sizes, and it gives the impression that some planes are roomier than they really are. For instance, the 752, 753, and 764 maps above have the same size fuselage in the map even though the planes are not the same size, and so the result is that the economy seats on the 752 are bigger blue squares (and look roomier) than the economy seats on the 764, even though the opposite is true in real life.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 9:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Two scales are used, one for twin aisle and another for single aisle aircraft. The diagrams are optimised on the AeroLOPA site for mobile and desktop viewing where they natively display in portrait format. The samples I posted up thread were rotated 90 deg to display better on FT without consuming oodles of real estate. However on FT, the images are stretched to fill the full width of the post which has altered the fuselage widths
autobahnal likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Just a quick update to say the 737 maps are now in production, starting with the Max 9

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-737-gallery

The above diagram has incorrect seat letters in First. This has been corrected on the website.

Sample description for the Max 9:

United Airlines domestic two class Boeing 737-Max 9 type 37X is configured 20F 159M including 48 designated Economy Plus seats (indicated with blue grey accents).

Cabins are fitted with Boeing Sky Interiors, Boeing Space Bins, Collins Advanced Spacewall compact lavatories and are equipped with ViaSat KA-band wifi.

Domestic First
Twenty Safran articulated cradle seats arranged in a 2-2 configuration, featuring a six-way adjustable headrest, flip-up tablet holder, in-arm storage pocket
Row pitch: 36.7"
Seat width: 20"
Seat recline: 5"

Notes:
There are no footwell cut outs at the base of the forward bulkheads
Row 1 seats are fitted with seatbelt airbags

Economy Plus (seats indicated with blue grey accents)
Forty-eight Collins seats featuring a 4 way adjustable headrest and a tablet holder are arranged in a 3-3 configuration
Row pitch: 33.5" standard; 38.8" at rows 20-21
Seat width: 17.5"
Seat recline: 3"

Notes:
Seats 7DEF are fitted with seatbelt airbags and have usable space beneath the row 5 seats
Seats 7DEF and 8ABC have fixed armrests containing retractable bi-fold tray tables; seat width: 17.0"
Seats in row 20 do not recline

Economy
111 Collins seats featuring a 4 way adjustable headrest and a tablet holder are arranged in a 3-3 configuration
Row pitch: 30.3"
Seat width: 17.5"
Seat recline: 2"

Notes:
Seats in row 15 do not recline
Seats in row 39 have a limited recline

Wifi:
ViaSat KA-band

Power:
All seats are equipped with universal AC (110V) and USB sockets

In-flight entertainment:
Content streamed to your personal electronic device. The seats on this aircraft type do not have screens
SPN Lifer and gusd like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 30, 2021 at 2:32 pm Reason: Upload seat map with corrected nomenclature
Old Oct 30, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
That graphic is labeled "Alaska Airlines".
Old Oct 30, 2021, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
That graphic is labeled "Alaska Airlines".
Oops! Thanks for spotting this. I guess my working practice has been exposed
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:28 am
Original Poster

This is just a heads up to say the 737-700, Dash 800 and Airbus A319/320 seat maps are now live
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:28 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb
Great job! Quick question: Is there a particular reason why the aisle/slanted Polaris seats do not have a letter legend?

Also, a good tip would be adding the handicap-accessible legend for lavatories for changing in/out of airline-issued pajama (when available).

Originally Posted by Prospero
Just a quick update to say the 737 maps are now in production, starting with the Max 9

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-737-gallery

The lavatories need to be smaller to make it realistic.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Great job! Quick question: Is there a particular reason why the aisle/slanted Polaris seats do not have a letter legend?
And/or a different color.

David
Old Oct 31, 2021, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

The United Express fleet has now been added.

Originally Posted by PTahCha
The seat lettering respects the convention established by United. With the Polaris arrangement of seat pairs, the coupled window and aisle seats are assigned the same letter but are given different row numbers.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
What's with the reduction in bathrooms? 787-8 reducing from 8 to 5 and 787-9 reducing from 7 to 5. I can hear the "no queueing" announcements now...

Business capacity is reduced (albeit with a much better seat) and the introduction of Premium Plus but a vast reduction in E+ seats. Net better? depends on where you end up I guess.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
Hello esteemed FlyerTalkers. I'd like to welcome you to aeroLOPA. It's a project I started over a year ago initially for my own benefit but from May this year the project transformed into its own dedicated website. Today, I am happy to announce a new portfolio of United cabin layout plans is in production and the first (beta) phase covering the Boeing 787 Dreamliners is now available on aeroLOPA.com

AeroLOPA's mission is to create and share detailed seat diagrams that are as easy to access and read on a mobile phone as they are on a desktop computer. What they do not do is tell you where the best seats are, rather its aim is to provide all the necessary information you need to make your own informed decision. For the all chit chat, questions, answers, and debate, FT is still the place

The creative process starts with a technical blueprint of each aircraft type. Factory standard galley, washroom, storage units are inserted, then the cabins are populated with seats and carefully space planned. It sounds simple, but to ensure accuracy scores of photos are scrutinised, cabin videos closely studied allowing seat positions to be spot checked, adjusted if necessary and the diagrams fine tuned. Thanks to the detailed information I have read here in the United forum the 787 content has been a joy to prepare and I hope the cabin layout plans will also be useful to you.

Full cabin and seat descriptions for each aircraft type will be added during the days ahead, and other aircraft types will be added in future weeks.

Enjoy and let me know what's working and any areas you think need attention.

Samples below:

Boeing 787-8

Boeing 787-9

Boeing 787-10

Thanks! Truthfully, I always found SeatGutu a but lacking. This will be very helpful when I do return to flying TransAtlantic flights again.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
This is great - I particularly lve the attention to detail with regard to the window - and missing window - locations!
SPN Lifer and ARR72 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Are the notes for the 78Z and 78P swapped?

The narrowbody's seem to mention a "tablet holder" in Y but there isnt one unless you refer to the seat back pocket
The widebody's mention a foot/leg rest in Y but there is none
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eng3
Are the notes for the 78Z and 78P swapped?

The narrowbody's seem to mention a "tablet holder" in Y but there isnt one unless you refer to the seat back pocket
The widebody's mention a foot/leg rest in Y but there is none
Which notes? I don't notice any on aerolopa.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.