Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed UA cabin layout plans

Introducing aeroLOPA: A new portfolio of detailed UA cabin layout plans

Old Jan 3, 2023, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Jkrun03
Love the website but wanted to point out something on the 767-300 high-J config map. This was discussed in another thread, but video evidence and calling UA shows there is a bassinet at 1F. For some reason UA website doesn't say this, but the reps say internally theirs shows it and as mentioned here is the screenshot from that plane:

I'll be on that plane in two weeks with my infant so can confirm in person then whether or not I'm in for a rude surprise , but the picture is pretty clear about it. Just FYI if you are the one updating the seat maps on Aerolopa.

can confirm the 763 high-j has a bassinet at 1F. It is quite tight though, my 6 month old barely fit so he ended up sleeping with mom/me on the seats. Nonetheless it is there (the pad you see we brought with though).
SPN Lifer, Prospero, DELee and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
also just discovered this and wow - so helpful when planning seat assignments with kids in Polaris!

Thank you
Old Mar 9, 2023, 2:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

The seat map of the latest 767-300ER (type 76Q) has now been checked and added to the portfolio. Preview below:

SPN Lifer, aindfan, DELee and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Ive come across a 737-800 seat map which does quite fit any of the variants published in Uniteds website. The seat count of 16F 138M doesnt align with any aircraft listed in either planespotters.net or the United main line google resource. Heres what I am seeing

Is this a legit configuration that we know of?
Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
This is incredible work!
Old Oct 12, 2023, 12:55 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.98MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Prospero
I’ve come across a 737-800 seat map which does quite fit any of the variants published in United’s website. The seat count of 16F 138M doesn’t align with any aircraft listed in either planespotters.net or the United main line google resource. Here’s what I am seeing…

Is this a legit configuration that we know of?
A guess, UA will create synthetic seatmaps to account for the variation in seatmaps. This is an attempt to minimize the passenger disruption of equipment swap. Row 15 is a problematic row as it is sometimes E+ and sometime E-. Eliminating Row 15 for advance seat selection would minimize issues until a final configuration is selected.

example: 737-x00 - seatmap showing fewer F seats (such as only 8) ???
SPN Lifer, Prospero and hhdl like this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 5:21 am
Original Poster

The 737-900, 900ER, and Max 9 sections received an update. The two cabin versions of the 900, the three versions of the 900ER, and the two Max 9 versions are mapped in each section respectively.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 7:33 am
Original Poster

A premlinary seat map for the new Airbus A321neo has now been added to the AeroLOPA portfolio. This will receive closer scrutiny as soon as the type enters service. A preview can be viewed below. E+ seats have light blue accents

Seats 30A, 30F, 31A, and 31F have window blanks
Old Dec 14, 2023, 7:34 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Looks like there are a few typos on the page.

Domestic First
Twenry articulated cradle seats arranged in a 2-2 configuration, featuring a six-way adjustable headrest, flip-up tablet holder, in-arm storage pocket

And

Notes:
Row 7 seats have usable space beneath the row 5 seats and have fixed armrests containing retractable bi-fold tray tables; seat width: 17.0"

Seats 8ABC also have fixed armrests containing retractable bi-fold tables; seat width: 17.0"
Seats in row 16 have limited recline
Seats in row 17 do not recline
There is no row 17 on this plane.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:36 am

There is an error with the 77O (domestic 772ER) map, as row 48 has 10 seats, not 8. In addition the 77O has 206 E- seats, but on the diagram I counted 204.

Here is the map from the UA website for reference: https://media.united.com/images/Medi...4_2272x649.gif
Prospero likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diburning
Looks like there are a few typos on the page.

And

There is no row 17 on this plane.
I never noticed that text at the bottom of the pages! Thank you, incidentally.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Aerolopa is great -- very complete and quick to use. But I miss the user comments on the old SeatGuru. They can give an idea of service, seating, etc. Is there anyplace to get this kind of information now? Other than random anecdotes on FlyerTalk?
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott Amb (LTT)
So I've started using this site but it's annoying as you can't edit the URL and type in a new carrier. For example, whenever I type in aero... into the Chrome address bar it auto fills in the rest to www.aerolopa.com/tp (I was searching TAP back in November). If I modify the /tp and make it /ua or /ac it simply brings me to the main www.aerolopa.com website. Why? I then have to manually go find United or Air Canada which brings me to the same URL I typed in anyway - www.aerolopa.com/ua

I also don't like how there's no "key" about the seats. Some are drawn differently than others but there's no indication of why.

Definitely nicer graphics if that's your thing. But SeatGuru had way more data. Unfortunate that nobody is keeping that website updated.

-RM
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by spainflyer
Aerolopa is great -- very complete and quick to use. But I miss the user comments on the old SeatGuru. They can give an idea of service, seating, etc. Is there anyplace to get this kind of information now? Other than random anecdotes on FlyerTalk?
The relevant "where to sit on xyz equipment" thread in the UA FT.

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
So I've started using this site but it's annoying as you can't edit the URL and type in a new carrier. For example, whenever I type in aero... into the Chrome address bar it auto fills in the rest to www.aerolopa.com/tp (I was searching TAP back in November). If I modify the /tp and make it /ua or /ac it simply brings me to the main www.aerolopa.com website. Why? I then have to manually go find United or Air Canada which brings me to the same URL I typed in anyway - www.aerolopa.com/ua
The airline deep links work fine for me in Chrome 120.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mduell
The airline deep links work fine for me in Chrome 120.
Indeed. Simply clicking on the www.aerolopa.com/ua link in that post worked fr me.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.