FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   3rd promotion of year is chance to requalify for Premier status, reach higher level (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2048948-3rd-promotion-year-chance-requalify-premier-status-reach-higher-level.html)

PrivatePilot Sep 10, 2021 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay (Post 33556125)
Update from MPSC on my question about the Chase PQFs earned thru the promo counting towards 4 segments (they don't):
"I know how disappointing this can be on your part; however, the PQF earning from Chase spending will not cover the minimum of 4 segment flight with United or United Express."

If I understand this reply and the entire thread correctly, one could requalify for their status using the FTTF promotion on PQP alone and the 4 segments would be waived if, for example, you spent 2000PQP (for Plat) on a single trip during the promotion. However, if you sought to requalify or qualify a lower status using previous promo PQPs plus some from this offer, credit card, etc., you would still need 4 segments and the 2 PQFs earned from Chase wouldn't help.

That's my understanding: The 4 segment requirement is waived for the FTTF promotion but not for anything else.

boycruz Sep 10, 2021 10:32 pm

Just wanted to triple check that fly to the finish is United metal only even if there is a LH codeshare available?

uastarflyer Sep 10, 2021 10:32 pm

Speaking of the promo specific PQFs - has anyone received this yet? Where specifically are they tracked on the app (or online)?

For example, I have 8 PQF, one earned from CC spending prior to the promo. So I have only 7 towards 1K and 8 towards Platinum.

I spent $5k in August so should get a single PQF that doesn’t count for chasing status but does count for the promo only. How is this accounting being handled where I can clearly see it?

rbakker Sep 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by boycruz (Post 33559345)
Just wanted to triple check that fly to the finish is United metal only even if there is a LH codeshare available?

That is certainly my understanding. Has to be United or United Express.
From the original email: "You'll only need to earn 10 Premier qualifying flights (PQF) and 2,700 Premier qualifying points (PQP) or just 3,000 PQP on United or United Express® flights by November 30 to requalify for Premier 1K® status through January 2023."

JoshDi Sep 12, 2021 5:32 am

quick question for the fly to the finish promotion. I have a trip thats 4 different legs and a single confirmation number that starts on Nov 21st and finishes Dec 4th. Do all of the flights count towards the promotion? I believe the answer is yes, but it is unclear to me if only the flights before Nov 30th are eligible. Can someone confirm for me? Thank you!

Thore T Sep 12, 2021 5:43 am

I'm contemplating requalifying for 1K with the 3000 PQP offer. I'm based in Norway. As a European 1K, I'm clearly left out in the cold on this offer, but it seems I'll be lucky and get a trip under a travel exception waiver.
The rules state the qualifying flight need to be UA or UAX. When I book an itinerary on united.com
and the connections OSL-FRA and back are on LH, the TATL on UA, anyone knows how the math is done with regard to qualifying PQP? When looking at details during the booking process, I only get the total PQP, no breakdown for each individual flight....

SPN Lifer Sep 12, 2021 6:25 am

Originally Posted by JoshDi (Post 33561492)
quick question for the fly to the finish promotion. I have a trip thats 4 different legs and a single confirmation number that starts on Nov 21st and finishes Dec 4th. Do all of the flights count towards the promotion? I believe the answer is yes, but it is unclear to me if only the flights before Nov 30th are eligible. Can someone confirm for me? Thank you!

Sorry, only those flights completed by 30 November 2021 will count. I read the whole thread as it was posted.

JoshDi Sep 12, 2021 6:43 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post 33561546)
Sorry, only those flights completed by 30 November 2021 will count. I read the whole thread as it was posted.

Really? So by trips they mean flights? Not a complete trip (aka one confirmation number)?

Trips that begin by Nov. 30 but end after that date are eligible I thought. So doesn't this trip not end till dec 4th?

also, from what I read - A “trip” is defined as an individual itinerary that includes at least one United or United Express flight and is eligible to earn PQPs. One award trip will also qualify, as long as it includes a United or United Express flight and was booked using the member’s own miles.

So this "trip" is an individual itinerary with 4 legs (2 legs are on Nov 21st and 2 legs are on Dec 4th). Is it true that only the 2 legs before Nov 30th count for this trip or do all of the legs count because the trip started before Nov 30th but ended after?

N107UA Sep 12, 2021 10:09 am

Breakout Bonus Question

Hi all, first post from a long-time lurker...
I’m currently a General Member with 5 PQFs and 511 PQFs. I flew on a Polaris award ticket from EWR to AMS last month, and I'm curious if that counted for the Breakout Bonus promotion, and if I will be able to qualify for Premier Silver. I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks! :D

trm2 Sep 12, 2021 10:18 am

Providing the trip was August 6 or later, then yes, it counts as a trip to get you the 250 PQP if first trip or 75 PQP if 2nd or 3rd trip. If you have more travel planned, sure you can qualify, you just need to spend another few grand (on United). The silver qualification is only 8 PQF and 3,000 PQD this year.

WineCountryUA Sep 12, 2021 10:27 am

Originally Posted by JoshDi (Post 33561492)

Fly to the Finish does not use trips as a metric. All that matters is earned PQPs and PQFs -- those are earned individually as each flight segment is flown. It could be 1 trip or multiple trips. Fly to the Finish requires the PQPs and PQFs are from UA-operated flights taken by 30 November. Segments after that date will not be included.

The BreakOutBonus metric is "trips" and as long as a UA segment for a particular trip is taken by 30 Nov, the trip counts - regardless when the other trip segments are flown.

These are two promos with different criteria and you may be able to get something from one or the other.

Originally Posted by JoshDi (Post 33561565)
...So this "trip" is an individual itinerary with 4 legs (2 legs are on Nov 21st and 2 legs are on Dec 4th). Is it true that only the 2 legs before Nov 30th count for this trip or do all of the legs count because the trip started before Nov 30th but ended after?

Assuming these are all UA operated segments
For Fly to the Finish only the UA-operated segment PQPs and PQFs flown prior to 30 Nov will count.
For BreakOutBonus, this will count as 1 trip if a UA segment was flown prior to 30 Nov.

JoshDi Sep 12, 2021 11:07 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 33561931)
Fly to the Finish does not use trips as a metric. All that matters is earned PQPs and PQFs -- those are earned individually as each flight segment is flown. It could be 1 trip or multiple trips. Fly to the Finish requires the PQPs and PQFs are from UA-operated flights taken by 30 November. Segments after that date will not be included.

The BreakOutBonus metric is "trips" and as long as a UA segment for a particular trip is taken by 30 Nov, the trip counts - regardless when the other trip segments are flown.

These are two promos with different criteria and you may be able to get something from one or the other.

Assuming these are all UA operated segments
For Fly to the Finish only the UA-operated segment PQPs and PQFs flown prior to 30 Nov will count.
For BreakOutBonus, this will count as 1 trip if a UA segment was flown prior to 30 Nov.

Thanks. Does united express count?

Ill just squeeze by with gold (1400 pqp) by nov 30th then...

WineCountryUA Sep 12, 2021 11:09 am

Originally Posted by JoshDi (Post 33562014)
Thanks. Does united express count? .....

Yes, UA-operated is shorthand for UA & UX-operated.

N107UA Sep 12, 2021 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by trm2 (Post 33561907)
Providing the trip was August 6 or later, then yes, it counts as a trip to get you the 250 PQP if first trip or 75 PQP if 2nd or 3rd trip. If you have more travel planned, sure you can qualify, you just need to spend another few grand (on United). The silver qualification is only 8 PQF and 3,000 PQD this year.

Thanks for the info, the trip was after 8/6. How can I make it count? My request for missing miles was declined...

trm2 Sep 12, 2021 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by N107UA (Post 33562182)
Thanks for the info, the trip was after 8/6. How can I make it count? My request for missing miles was declined...

You don’t get any miles, just the 250 PQP for the breakout bonus. Do you see those posted?