Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA has preorder premium cabin meals, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 mile except ex-europe

UA has preorder premium cabin meals, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 mile except ex-europe

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 4, 22, 3:44 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
united.com/preordermeals

Originally Posted by bsb7140 View Post
Signature preorder is expanding starting May 1st.

SFO/LAX/IAD narrowbody flights +1500 miles and flights between hubs over 800 miles. ORD also has signature preorder on narrowbody flights over 1500 miles.
Anticipated 1 June enhancements - UA bringing back hot meals to domestic first class -- 800 mile threshold, preorder still narrowbody only

uncomfirmed but source of earlier changes
Originally Posted by bsb7140 View Post
Beginning August 1st pre-order will expand to ALL flights over 800 miles in the premium cabin (including widebody and Intl) excluding flights from Europe.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 5, 22, 2:18 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
If you donít get an email is there someplace on line to see if pre order is available for your flight?
Old Aug 5, 22, 4:57 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
If you donít get an email is there someplace on line to see if pre order is available for your flight?
As mentioned above, 5 days prior to the flight, in your reservation where it says the type of meal (Snack, Lunch, Dinner, etc) it will switch to an active link that says "Select Meal".
Old Aug 5, 22, 5:52 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, HH Dia, All Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
ORD is allowing pre-order. I've got a flight in a couple of days through ORD and besides the fact that I nearly fell off my chair when I was advanced CPU'd on it, I'm able to select my meal for the segment ex-ORD.

-RM
No option to pre-order a meal for my Tuesday flight (4 days from today) ex-ORD to Europe. The glitches continue...
Old Aug 5, 22, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueZebra View Post
As mentioned above, 5 days prior to the flight, in your reservation where it says the type of meal (Snack, Lunch, Dinner, etc) it will switch to an active link that says "Select Meal".
thanks - that simply never happened for my upcoming flight out of ORD. But I doubt they will run out of tapas box
Old Aug 8, 22, 8:09 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM/Lifetime UC, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by FlytheTail View Post
No option to pre-order a meal for my Tuesday flight (4 days from today) ex-ORD to Europe. The glitches continue...
Same for me ex-IAH in 3 days
Old Aug 9, 22, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, UA - Plat 2MM, AA - Gold, AY - Plat, HY - Globalist, MR - Titanium, HH - Gold
LAX-EWR in 2 days, no options
Old Aug 10, 22, 2:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I have never seen the option for any upgraded flight ever. Every now and then for economy
Old Aug 19, 22, 5:13 pm

Has anyone experienced a situation where the option to pre-order disappears within the 5 days - 24 hour window??? I'm flying from IAD to SAN in 4 days time and received an email yesterday asking me to pre-order my meal. I checked the booking yesterday and I had the option to choose (i.e. could see the available options). When I checked today however, the option wasn't there anymore and it just says 'Dinner' against the meal with the pre-order option no longer visible. Contacted United chat for help and they couldn't assist.

Does anyone know what's going on with this?
Old Aug 19, 22, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Daniel90 View Post

Does anyone know what's going on with this?
did they swap the plane?
Old Aug 19, 22, 5:41 pm

Not been on United Polaris before (mostly Delta or ST before) have scheduled LAX > DEN > FRA next Tuesday. Yesterday pretty much on the hour of 5 days from departure for the LAX flight got a message to select our lunch. But oddly, have yet to get (now over 24 hours from expected notification) not got any option to select meals for DEN-FRA Polaris flight. Does UA not also allow you to select meals for Polaris, just US 1st class flights?
I also looked here (https://www.united.com/en/US/preordermeals) but that reflects "Selection not yet available." for the Transatlantic flight.
But does correctly reflect what was selected for the LAX>DEN leg.
Old Aug 19, 22, 5:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, Daniel90

Originally Posted by Daniel90 View Post
Has anyone experienced a situation where the option to pre-order disappears within the 5 days - 24 hour window??? ....
The August expansion of Pre-order is having some issues, you are not the first to report this (read back a bit)
Old Aug 19, 22, 9:36 pm

Thank you MOD's for moving my post to this thread. I have read the last page or so of this thread. I guess I didn't the United Meal PreOrder system was so apparently buggy. Its even more odd that Polaris flights don't work better for ensuring that can pre-order. As I noted above, our flight from LAX to DEN came in pretty much right on time (5 days to the hour of departure) yet here it is now well into 4 days to departure and no ability to pre order :~(
Old Aug 21, 22, 12:01 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Just got a notice today both from the app on my phone and via email to choose my meal ahead of time for my flight from Denver to Chicago next Thursday. It's about time they rolled this out tied to the app and pictures of the entrees were greatly appreciated. I didn't much care for any of the four choices (Zaatar Chicken, Vegetarian Chili, Beyond Meatball Bowl, or Cheeseburger) but the ability to register my choice ahead of time was appreciated. First time I've had this option.
Old Aug 21, 22, 7:42 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, UA Gold, Wyndham Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Yesterday morning, I checked the app for my IAD-LAX flight this coming Thursday evening for possible pre-order. I was a little surprised the pre-order was already up even though it was not yet 120 hours before departure. Here were the options and what I selected:

I selected the chicken based on review. Let me know if you prefer another option! Now I will wait for my return LAX-IAD flight, which is on 8/28.
Old Aug 21, 22, 11:25 am

Angry

ah Ha! I wonder if a possible reason that we have yet to get the ability to pre-order meals on the Tuesday DEN > FRA flight is due to the fact that its now showing on the United site (and FlightRadar24) one of the few remaining 789's that have yet to be converted to true Polaris config (ie all seats direct aisle & United Prem Econ)

Originally Posted by rizrizriz View Post
Thank you MOD's for moving my post to this thread. I have read the last page or so of this thread. I guess I didn't the United Meal PreOrder system was so apparently buggy. Its even more odd that Polaris flights don't work better for ensuring that can pre-order. As I noted above, our flight from LAX to DEN came in pretty much right on time (5 days to the hour of departure) yet here it is now well into 4 days to departure and no ability to pre order :~(

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 21, 22 at 12:48 pm Reason: stick to the thread topic and don't duplicate post

Search this Thread