Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA's New EWR Terminal A: Security, How to get to, facilities, UC opened 28 June 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2023, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The original name of "Terminal One" was abandoned and it is now officially called Terminal A

United Club in Terminal A opened on Wednesday, June 28!

The shuttle from C to A leaves from C71 and arrives near A27/A28. The opposite for reverse. The bus ride takes 15-25 minutes, depends on whether an interim stop is needed at Terminal B and/or traffic control.

Print Wikipost

UA's New EWR Terminal A: Security, How to get to, facilities, UC opened 28 June 2023

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2024, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by S4VT
Setting aside differences in security lines, what is your experience as the fastest way to terminal A United gates from the EWR train station?
  1. AirTrain to terminal C, and then airside bus to terminal A
  2. AirTrain to terminal A station, and then landside walk (or bus?) to terminal A
I did this trip yesterday afternoon. I walk fast, PreCheck, no checked bags. It still took 45 minutes from the train station to A17 using option 1 above. Should I try option 2 next time?

If you are using public transport to get to EWR, and can time it well, you can get from Newark Penn train/bus station to Terminal A airside in less than 30 minutes via 62 bus and $1.60. I do this whenever I am departing from A.
LaserSailor likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by S4VT
Setting aside differences in security lines, what is your experience as the fastest way to terminal A United gates from the EWR train station?
  1. AirTrain to terminal C, and then airside bus to terminal A
  2. AirTrain to terminal A station, and then landside walk (or bus?) to terminal A
I did this trip yesterday afternoon. I walk fast, PreCheck, no checked bags. It still took 45 minutes from the train station to A17 using option 1 above. Should I try option 2 next time?
I'd probably choose ption 1.
Old May 11, 2024, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
EWR-PHX May 11, 2024

UA1302 529pm departure (A26 - new gate)
AA2825 528pm departure (A10)

Gates also literally opposite to each other ​​​​​

AA boarded much faster, as expected. UA is still boarding...
Old May 11, 2024, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I'd probably choose ption 1.
Having done the walk from the AirTrain stop to new Terminal A, I am convinced most of the griping is from people who don't live in NYC and are therefore unaccustomed to hustling. The walk is not all that bad or unpleasant (since most of it is indoors). IMO, the legitimate gripe is that they only put one automated walkway in the overpass to Terminal A and not a second one, since there is plenty of space for another one.
Old May 11, 2024, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Having done the walk from the AirTrain stop to new Terminal A, I am convinced most of the griping is from people who don't live in NYC and are therefore unaccustomed to hustling. The walk is not all that bad or unpleasant (since most of it is indoors). IMO, the legitimate gripe is that they only put one automated walkway in the overpass to Terminal A and not a second one, since there is plenty of space for another one.
I am ex-NYC, and travel weekly. I love walking...that ain't it...it's Airtrain and Port Authority which has failed over and over. It's a huge bonus the 62 bus takes around 20 minutes from Newark Penn to Terminal A, even with all of the stops, and is only $1.60 (adult fare).
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.
Old May 12, 2024, 4:15 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Repooc17
I am ex-NYC, and travel weekly. I love walking...that ain't it...it's Airtrain and Port Authority which has failed over and over. It's a huge bonus the 62 bus takes around 20 minutes from Newark Penn to Terminal A, even with all of the stops, and is only $1.60 (adult fare).
i just discovered the 62 bus last week thanks to another thread and figured out it will save me $1000 odd this year. No idea I was paying $8 of my NJT fare for that crappy Airtrain.

the 62 Bus drops you streetside at Terminal A ,

Agreed, the Airtrain > Terminal A I walk is a nice way to get in 2500 steps after sitting in car/ NAs transit. All I ask is That a walk like that be roller bag friendly , which it is.

the bus fare is only 75 cents for old farts, too.

Last edited by LaserSailor; May 12, 2024 at 10:13 am
Old Yesterday, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Is it possible to check bags in C when flying out of A? I’d much rather not deal with the AirTrain hassle if possible, plus visit the lounge in C.
Old Yesterday, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Is it possible to check bags in C when flying out of A? I’d much rather not deal with the AirTrain hassle if possible, plus visit the lounge in C.
Yes, no problem, FS!
SPN Lifer and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Yesterday, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by wxguy
Yes, no problem, FS!
Thanks! Worked quite well and there was plenty of seating, and bathrooms, available at C123
wxguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.