Search

2020 strikes again: No more Cran-Apple?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by narvik
Whatever is cheapest. My guess is (from most to least): Apple, grape, cranberry.
Originally Posted by GoldenArgosy
It is the same thing.

I am a flight attendant for another airline but we also carried the Minute Maid Cranapple Juice.

Several months ago, we received a memo that Minute Maid was changing the name of the drink to Cranberry Cocktail but that it was still the same product.
If this is what Minute Maid has done, wonder if the blend is now: grape, apple, cranberry.

David
Old Jul 20, 2020, 4:45 pm
st3

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by DELee
If this is what Minute Maid has done, wonder if the blend is now: grape, apple, cranberry.

David
I can't speak for Minute Maid specifically but I used to be a big drinker of this stuff and in general:
Cranberry Juice Cocktail: Cranberry juice cut with sugar water
Cranapple (or cran grape): Mostly apple (or grape) and then some cranberry.Sometimes 100% juice and sometimes juice cut with sugar water.

Pure 100% cranberry juice is very tart (and pricey).
SPN Lifer and narvik like this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Is not such beverage available from dispensers at the United Club?
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Is not such beverage available from dispensers at the United Club?
For the Freestyle dispensers, No. Cranberry / CranApple is not an available choice.

At the bar, they usually have a jug of the Cranberry cocktail for use as a mixer. They will provide glass(es) of just the juice if requested.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoldenArgosy
It is the same thing.

I am a flight attendant for another airline but we also carried the Minute Maid Cranapple Juice.

Several months ago, we received a memo that Minute Maid was changing the name of the drink to Cranberry Cocktail but that it was still the same product.
Huh, mystery solved! Thanks much!

I will reiterate that there was a bit of a taste difference, but there was a four month period of no travel for me during COVID, so it could just be bad memory.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Look what I got tonight...EWR-LAX.

seanp7, st3, DELee and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.